Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    2006 GTO

Is there ever any "training" that pushes you to your limits like the Q- course? I mean after completion..

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

There are some really challenging courses other that the Q but most of them are challenging in differnet ways. The Q course exspecially at the start is just one big suck fest after the other so it is pretty hard to beat. LOL
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by krusemj View Post
    There are some really challenging courses other that the Q but most of them are challenging in differnet ways. The Q course exspecially at the start is just one big suck fest after the other so it is pretty hard to beat. LOL
    I have been reading a lot of books lately about SF groups.. I know for a fact that I couldn't muster enough to get through some of stuff..

You ever read the book by Col Beckwith? That dude seemed like one of the truest bad asses ever..

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Not sure, what is the title of the book? If it is truly something that you want you would be suprised what you can get through. The human body is capable of so much more than what most people think. The limiting factor is the individuals mind not the body most times. You never know unless you try.

2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by krusemj View Post
    Not sure, what is the title of the book? If it is truly something that you want you would be suprised what you can get through. The human body is capable of so much more than what most people think. The limiting factor is the individuals mind not the body most times. You never know unless you try.
    oh I agree,, I have hiked over 45 miles in 2 days with a torn muscle in my leg..

Title of the book is.. Beckwith, Charles. Delta Force: The Army's Elite Counterterrorist Unit, Avon Books, 2000

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

Best thing I did was go into the Navy right after High School. Spent the next 24 yrs doing just what I wanted to do, jet engine mechanic. That led to my second carrer as a civilian Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic. In 40 yrs I worked on, inspected, supervised or taught military, private and commerical planes ranging in size from Cessna 150 to Boeing 777.
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tallnick View Post
    oh I agree,, I have hiked over 45 miles in 2 days with a torn muscle in my leg..

Title of the book is.. Beckwith, Charles. Delta Force: The Army's Elite Counterterrorist Unit, Avon Books, 2000
    I have never read the book but I hear it is pretty good.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

I just finished a book called Horse Soldiers. It is about the SF soldiers who went into Afghanistan before the war started and teamed up with the Northern Alliance. These guys actually fought battles on horseback like they were in the Civil War with M4s and laser guided munitions. Reading about the Afghans doing cavalry charges against tanks is crazy

2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    I just finished a book called Horse Soldiers. It is about the SF soldiers who went into Afghanistan before the war started and teamed up with the Northern Alliance. These guys actually fought battles on horseback like they were in the Civil War with M4s and laser guided munitions. Reading about the Afghans doing cavalry charges against tanks is crazy
    I thought about getting that book the other day.. I definitely will pick it up soon..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information