Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    Im thinkin its divorce time, unless you think its somthing that can be resolved and there is still alot there in the relatioship worth going thru all that for.

Agreed reading books, and going to couplse therapist usualy bandaids the problem until the wound re-opens and shit turns ugly. If you have kids the best benefit for them is to have seperate parents that are not fighting, than parents living together making a hostile living enviorment.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by D!ck
    i wana know why when u break up with a chick you have to buy a gas cap lock.

this is for all the beautiful ls1 ladies. not an attack, just a question.
    Hit 'em where it hurts! This is my best guess. Personally, I have to much respect for vehicles and could never do anything like that. Can't say if I was scorned I wouldn't find another way to get even (not that she was wronged by this man in the post unless he has the hots for his Barber ) but I know just as many men that will do something in retaliation as I do women when a break up happens that the other doesn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1
    Something is off, Does having children have effects on a womens chemical balance? Like menopause maybe? She hasn't been right in the head for a while
    You owe it to yourself, your wife, your children, and society to have this women diagnosed by a doctor.

If your wife had cancer would you run from the marriage?

A mental disorder is NO different. I am willing to say that your wife is suffering from Depression or she is Bipolar. Both can be treated with drugs and she can live a normal life.

Did you lie before God when you took your marriage vows? How soon we forget. Don't worry about some stupid interior of a car. Your children will NOT forgive you when they are older if you do not do everything in your power to stay married and help your wife. If you do ALL that you can do and the marriage doesn't survive then you can hold your head high and know that you did everything possible. Your children and family will respect you.

If your wife was Drowning would you throw her a life preserver? Would you jump in the water and try and save her even if there was only a 1% chance of saving her?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Do not buy into the post partum shit or psycho babble crap. People use these dis-orders far to much as a crutch to get away with the most insane shit. Some women do not want kids and feel it takes away from their youth, life, attention so they hide behind post-partum. If she even hints at that shit make sure you get the kids away from her and get her into a mental hospital until they decide she is not a danger to others around her....seriously.

07 CBR1000RR

I've cleaned most of it up, the seats are still drying but it looks like they will be stained. The carpet smells rotton now, got to steam clean it this weekend and I'm taking the console apart to clean it out. The door panels are sticky and nasty still so I'm going to scrub them down as well.

I might could get the insurance to cover it but it would be more hassel than it's worth. I'll just have the seats re-covered even though they were in mint condition for being 19 years old. I'll try to get some pics, they might not turn out too well but I'll see what I can do. I'm putting the car in the de-tached garage and taking her key away so maybe that'll prevent this from happening again.

Sorry to hear that, Just be careful next time she might just go after the outside of the car with a egg or a key. If it was me she would have been gone right when I saw that. It might be time to throw her the duce good luck

87Iroc-Z
    Fuck that if my girls fucks with my car that will be the last time I see her. No matter how long we have been together. Whatever she does to my car I will do the same to her.

Black
    2001/TA

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Guy
    You owe it to yourself, your wife, your children, and society to have this women diagnosed by a doctor.

A mental disorder is NO different. I am willing to say that your wife is suffering from Depression or she is Bipolar. Both can be treated with drugs and she can live a normal life.

Did you lie before God when you took your marriage vows? How soon we forget. Don't worry about some stupid interior of a car. Your children will NOT forgive you when they are older if you do not do everything in your power to stay married and help your wife. If you do ALL that you can do and the marriage doesn't survive then you can hold your head high and know that you did everything possible. Your children and family will respect you.

If your wife was Drowning would you throw her a life preserver? Would you jump in the water and try and save her even if there was only a 1% chance of saving her?
    listen closely............

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Guy

Good post, I'm going tomorrow to talk to a doctor about her and have an appointment made. I just can't figure out why all of a sudden her attitude has gone out of control like it has. She used to be the sweetest thing in the world. I'm giving this another chance but damn, I can only take so much. There has been other things these past few months that has happened besides this incident. My main worry is though, being in the military, how would she act if I get deployed oversea's again for 18 months? I'm afraid she'd destroy everything I own and do no telling what with the kids. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by myss
    Hit 'em where it hurts! This is my best guess. Personally, I have to much respect for vehicles and could never do anything like that. Can't say if I was scorned I wouldn't find another way to get even (not that she was wronged by this man in the post unless he has the hots for his Barber ) but I know just as many men that will do something in retaliation as I do women when a break up happens that the other doesn't want.

I don't have the hots for anyone, I hate everybody equally and no, I am NOT going to retaliate. I'm not that type of person

White
    2002 SS

I only read posts on most of these message boards but given my current situation in that I just went through a divorce and this topic I just gotta put my 2 cents in man. I'm sure there has probably been other stuff happen in your marriage and life together that might have built up to this point, things left out of the whole story or maybe she really did get her eggs scrambled in the wreck. Having a kid is an emotional rollercoaster for both of you especially for her she will be messed up for about 6 months to a year afterwards too. If she is messed up, depression, etc. it’s your responsibility to try and get her help for everyone’s sake. Nothing else in life matters more than you, your family, and your children and when you don’t have it anymore your Camaro wont mean sh!t. Don’t get me wrong, I defiantly think she's a crazy B!tch but you know her and the whole story more than anyone one else on this message board. You have to make the right decisions on your life, divorce will cost you a lot more in the long run than getting the car fixed. And your kid(s) is worth the extra time to get it figured out regardless if you still love her or not.

On a more personal note, I caught wife cheating on me and I told her if she ever did anything to my car I would burry her @ss in the backyard, she never had keys to my car and I always kept it locked in the garage for my own personal reason when I went out of town (mainly I didn’t want her bothers coming over and pulling a Ferris Bueller).

For everyone else www . askmen . com you should follow the words for this site, young, old, payers, and non a like. Live life like it’s your last day

l8tr...

Black
    2001/TA

I don't have the hots for anyone, I hate everybody equally and no, I am NOT going to retaliate. I'm not that type of person
    Looking at most of the posts regarding this thread and would appears that most of the men that are giving you negative feed back are just 'boys'. Men are going to tell you to try to work this out. To hit the road over something like that would be petty!! I do agree that something is not right. Sounds like there has been a screw that has been loosened since the accident or maybe there was something wrong before but this just brought it out--straight OUT---!!

A wife is like a prize car....just because your car has been making a wierd noise doesn't mean that you are going to go trade it in or JUNK it. You are going to spend sometime and money to try to fix the issue.

Treat her the same...ESPECIALLY if you all have children. This is coming from someoen that has been there...did it....and done it!

2001 Pewter SS

yeah mofos .. like that fine line when you try to figure out if its totaled or not ..

Black
    2001/TA

Quote Originally Posted by Aerialist
    yeah mofos .. like that fine line when you try to figure out if its totaled or not ..

My guess is that you sleep alone most nights....huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sassy
    Looking at most of the posts regarding this thread and would appears that most of the men that are giving you negative feed back are just 'boys'. Men are going to tell you to try to work this out. To hit the road over something like that would be petty!! I do agree that something is not right. Sounds like there has been a screw that has been loosened since the accident or maybe there was something wrong before but this just brought it out--straight OUT---!!

A wife is like a prize car....just because your car has been making a wierd noise doesn't mean that you are going to go trade it in or JUNK it. You are going to spend sometime and money to try to fix the issue.

Treat her the same...ESPECIALLY if you all have children. This is coming from someoen that has been there...did it....and done it!
    Riiight a wife with a bad temper, and quick moves to violent acts is a prize car. Girls will try and keep a dead relationship floating. A women will realize when people are not ment to be and instead of relying on crying, breaking things, years of expensive (unless this has become free in the past years) therapist, addictive pills, mood swings to keep this train wreck of a relationship rolling.

If he seriously wants to raise his children around a woman who could require addictive meds, and a therapist just to be happy with the life they have more power to him...me well call me old fashion but i like when i do not have to have a drug and drag my wife to a doctor just so she will be happy with me.

Boy, or man common sense knows no age. Alot of people who say save the marriage have either been divorced and did not want to be, or enjoy being in a shitty relationship.
    Last edited by Bigrus; 05-07-2006 at 07:26 PM.

2001 Pewter SS

Quote Originally Posted by sassy
    My guess is that you sleep alone most nights....huh?

well to tell you the truth I'm a little narcisstic about my c*ock and all the associated intimacies that accompany .. I mean I'm so selfish about it I don't even give it to me .. but I do like to tease and tortue goddess barbies ...

so thats always way may more fun than having a psycho babe like here and the whole arena of psychotic episodes going down here .. yes?

or do you want me to turn my webcam on for you? hee hee

Silver
    2001 Cobra vert 530rwhp

If he seriously wants to raise his children around a woman who could require addictive meds, and a therapist just to be happy with the life they have more power to him...me well call me old fashion but i like when i do not have to have a drug and drag my wife to a doctor just so she will be happy with me.
    I agree that women are generally more emotional than guys and let their emotions run rampant instead of making rational decisions. However, his wife has not only had a children, but also has had a recent car accident with a sudden change in behavior (sweetest person prior vs. current outrageous behavior). That's a classic sign of something more than emotions running rampant. I worked 2 years on the Forensic Unit at the State Mental Hospital where we evalutated patients who were ordered by the court to undergo the evaluation and claiming NGRI (Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity). Head injuries and child birth happens to be a huge part in mental evaluations. I'm not trying to do the "I know everything, you don't know crap" thing...just sharing with you so you won't think I'm talking outta my butt.

As far as people using it as a crutch, yeah, I've seen people who do that, even ones who were sick and used it for leverage. This guy needs to know what is going on with his wife/life so he can make any necessary and appropriate decisions concerning their children. Making a knee-jerk decision of forbidding his wife to see their children would do little else besides provide the lube for the judge to ram it deep. People malingering mental illness isn't as hard to pick out as people may think. A little bit of time and observation takes care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JWBZ SVT
    I agree that women are generally more emotional than guys and let their emotions run rampant instead of making rational decisions. However, his wife has not only had a children, but also has had a recent car accident with a sudden change in behavior (sweetest person prior vs. current outrageous behavior). That's a classic sign of something more than emotions running rampant. I worked 2 years on the Forensic Unit at the State Mental Hospital where we evalutated patients who were ordered by the court to undergo the evaluation and claiming NGRI (Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity). Head injuries and child birth happens to be a huge part in mental evaluations. I'm not trying to do the "I know everything, you don't know crap" thing...just sharing with you so you won't think I'm talking outta my butt.

As far as people using it as a crutch, yeah, I've seen people who do that, even ones who were sick and used it for leverage. This guy needs to know what is going on with his wife/life so he can make any necessary and appropriate decisions concerning their children. Making a knee-jerk decision of forbidding his wife to see their children would do little else besides provide the lube for the judge to ram it deep. People malingering mental illness isn't as hard to pick out as people may think. A little bit of time and observation takes care of that.

I did not see where he said it was such a huge drastic change since the accident in this thread. I saw more of she has had problems that seems to be getting worse with time and maybe the accident has sped up whatever she has going on.

My problem is do you honestly think it is wise to just sit around and wait for her to be fixed from whatever problems she might have around children while he goes away for months at a time and she has proven she is quick to get him back by going after things he likes/loves?

Im not saying all mental illness is fake and meds are horrible im saying its amazing how many people act as bad as they want and then use something to justify it.

You can say people are easy to spot that are faking it....but how many kids/adults are mis-diagnosed and given addictive band-aids to curve thier behavour when in reality they just wanted to be a problem?

Red
    2002 T/A Firehawk

All I have to suggest is get out while you still can, you have no idea if next time she will push you too far and you will end up in jail for doing something stupid.

Good luck with everything.

-John K.
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk
    Hooker LT Headers | Magnaflow HF Cats | Corsa Exhaust | SLP STB | Ported TB
    ASP UD Pulley | EFI Live Tuned | 17x9/17x11 Gunmetal ZR1s | 275/315 GY GSD3's
    344rwhp/356 rwtq - Video | Sheet

Silver
    2001 Cobra vert 530rwhp

Im not saying all mental illness is fake and meds are horrible im saying its amazing how many people act as bad as they want and then use something to justify it.

You can say people are easy to spot that are faking it....but how many kids/adults are mis-diagnosed and given addictive band-aids to curve thier behavour when in reality they just wanted to be a problem?
    I don't think it's wise for him to wait and do nothing. That's pretty outrageous behavior. After one or two doctor's visits, the doctor should be able to conclude if she is a danger to herself or to others. I know this may sound off the wall, but as crappy as it is with her doing that to his car, a shrink may not can conclude from that behavior that she is technically a danger to herself or to others. More than likely, the psychiatrist would respond with, Ok, she attacked a car, has she attacked you, one of her children, a neighbor, a friend, tried to hurt herself etc.

I agree a lot of people use their mental illnesses as a form of "pity me, love me, do this for me etc." That has to be addressed/stopped as with any other type of person. A mental illness isn't a get out of jail free card.

Bigrus, the best I can explain your question about mis-diagnosing is that mental illnesses can show symptoms stronger on one day and not so much on another day. Although it is called a diagnosis, it's probably better to think of it as an opinion of behavior at the time of the interview/evaluation. We used to get people who had a history varying dianoses where the psyciatrists were like...WTF??? And, still others would have consistent diagnoses for years (with a variation of a sub-type of disorder). Some disorders can show up as one type of disorder at a given time and show up as something different at another yet BOTH are still within the norms of the blanket/main disorder. It's like some medical doctors may diagnose you with X, then you go to another doctor for a second opinion, which may or may not be the same as the orginal doctor.

Good questions, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by JWBZ SVT
    I don't think it's wise for him to wait and do nothing. That's pretty outrageous behavior. After one or two doctor's visits, the doctor should be able to conclude if she is a danger to herself or to others. I know this may sound off the wall, but as crappy as it is with her doing that to his car, a shrink may not can conclude from that behavior that she is technically a danger to herself or to others. More than likely, the psychiatrist would respond with, Ok, she attacked a car, has she attacked you, one of her children, a neighbor, a friend, tried to hurt herself etc.

I agree a lot of people use their mental illnesses as a form of "pity me, love me, do this for me etc." That has to be addressed/stopped as with any other type of person. A mental illness isn't a get out of jail free card.

Bigrus, the best I can explain your question about mis-diagnosing is that mental illnesses can show symptoms stronger on one day and not so much on another day. Although it is called a diagnosis, it's probably better to think of it as an opinion of behavior at the time of the interview/evaluation. We used to get people who had a history varying dianoses where the psyciatrists were like...WTF??? And, still others would have consistent diagnoses for years (with a variation of a sub-type of disorder). Some disorders can show up as one type of disorder at a given time and show up as something different at another yet BOTH are still within the norms of the blanket/main disorder. It's like some medical doctors may diagnose you with X, then you go to another doctor for a second opinion, which may or may not be the same as the orginal doctor.

Good questions, btw.
    So would it be in his best interest to video tape/document her behavour when she is having her episodes and get maybe 2-3 different opinions so they can get a truthful answer to the problem?

I mean i know people dress up the problems when they go in either they make it worse than it is or play it down into a minor episode.

Also i bet this would be useful incase they have to go to court and a judge could see how she really is.
    Last edited by Bigrus; 05-07-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information