Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: owned by evo

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    I think Wesman really isnt explaining very well what he is trying to say. A car like that Evo with tons of top end power and nothing down low really isnt a fun car to drive, to me and I think to Wesman to. With the evo modfied like that, you have to go WOT and bring the boost up to do anything with it. With cars that make more lowend torque with either engine power or gears in the rear end, you can have fun all day long at half throttle lighting the tires up, dicking around, etc etc, without ever having to do up to 6k+. If you do not build boost in 4 cylinder cars, they dont go anywhere.

That I think is why he is saying its not a usuable power band for a street car. For a track car, who cares about low end, you are at your upper power band the entire length of the track.
    yep, thats what i believe hes gettin across and thats why i agree with him....for fun, drivin a evo < drivin a bolt on m6 lt1/ls1 w 4.10's
    Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 03-30-2007 at 11:25 AM.

I think Wesman really isnt explaining very well what he is trying to say. A car like that Evo with tons of top end power and nothing down low really isnt a fun car to drive, to me and I think to Wesman to. With the evo modfied like that, you have to go WOT and bring the boost up to do anything with it. With cars that make more lowend torque with either engine power or gears in the rear end, you can have fun all day long at half throttle lighting the tires up, dicking around, etc etc, without ever having to do up to 6k+. If you do not build boost in 4 cylinder cars, they dont go anywhere.

That I think is why he is saying its not a usuable power band for a street car. For a track car, who cares about low end, you are at your upper power band the entire length of the track.
    Yes and the EVO shown has a huge turbo. The stock turbo and even 20G upgrades are extremely fun to drive and have awesome turbo response. Its whats kept me from upgrading the turbo, is the response and fun to drive factor the car has with the stock turbo.

well rya go to think, I drive a lightning with 4.10 gears as my DD. So it better have some good low end to compete with fun to drive . My buddies STI with more power and being faster than my L doesnt, have near the low end.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i think an evo would be WAAAAAAAAAAY more fun to drive than my lpe 383 z28

in the snow

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i think an evo would be WAAAAAAAAAAY more fun to drive than my lpe 383 z28

in the snow
    It is, but I also like to rip turns sideways and do crazy shit. The only other car I could do that in is the Z06 and even then, it wasnt as fun.

All comes down to preference.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I gotta admit AWD is alot of fun, we have done some damn stupid things before too. EE have you done donuts in your car yet?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

lol im just teasing man....after previously owning an rsx-s before my current car and an ls1 BEFORE the rsx i couldnt imagine it being more fun to ME ...i can imagine it being more fun to others though.....i just LOVE the v8 rumble and tourqe ..hearing my tires fighting for grip thru 1st and second gear usualy losing it by 3k in first and gettin it back near the top of first as my tires get hot...then shifting to second as my rear end slides all over and the tires are fighting for grip again.......dunno its just to much fun.........i WISH i could afford an evo as a second car though.....DD as well as my winter ride with blizzaks at all 4 corners...id be a maniac in the snow in one of those.... i KNOW an rsx isnt anywhere near an evo....it still made me miss a v8 every day i owned it though

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    It is, but I also like to rip turns sideways and do crazy shit. The only other car I could do that in is the Z06 and even then, it wasnt as fun.

All comes down to preference.
    lmao did you read the buttom part about snow? you wont be doing that shit in a zo6. All you'll doing is sitting their in the driveway with your dick in your hands cause that is gonna be all the fun you have that day.

lmao did you read the buttom part about snow? you wont be doing that shit in a zo6. All you'll doing is sitting their in the driveway with your dick in your hands cause that is gonna be all the fun you have that day.

Yeah I was referring to the dry. I dont even use my EVO in the snow, I have a beater

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I gotta admit AWD is alot of fun, we have done some damn stupid things before too. EE have you done donuts in your car yet?
    No, I think that kind of stuff is dumb. I just like driving it hard through exit turns and things like that. You can call it "spirited driving" I guess. I took my buddy with me who has the 02 SS H/C and he wanted to get an EVO afterwards, but he did say he loved his V8 still If I could buy another car right now, it would be a Z06 or a Camaro SS and Id put a 408 in it and be done!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

No, I think that kind of stuff is dumb. I just like driving it hard through exit turns and things like that. You can call it "spirited driving" I guess. I took my buddy with me who has the 02 SS H/C and he wanted to get an EVO afterwards, but he did say he loved his V8 still If I could buy another car right now, it would be a Z06 or a Camaro SS and Id put a 408 in it and be done!

No doubt the Evo's and STI's are loads of fun. Thats why you can't bash them to you have experienced them

No doubt the Evo's and STI's are loads of fun. Thats why you can't bash them to you have experienced them
    Even on this board I'm not afraid to admit that I like Evo's and Sti's. I wouldn't mind having one as a DD. Don't think that's possible right now though since I'm in the finishing stages of doing what he mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post

Even on this board I'm not afraid to admit that I like Evo's and Sti's. I wouldn't mind having one as a DD. Don't think that's possible right now though since I'm in the finishing stages of doing what he mentioned above.
    Theyre just so different and fun in their own ways. Id love to have a huge displacement V8 with ridiculous torque and that V8 rumble, but I also want my EVO still.. Someday!

eh to each his own as long as you're having fun.

eh to each his own as long as you're having fun.
    I agree completely

Ok this got boring fast. Someone bring the argument back.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Wesman=

lol

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    lol like me running 4tun?

If you want to run another evo and video tape it and you're local to central pa (your profile says pa) you can run me, from a roll or dig doesnt matter either, would be a good time.
    sorry but pickin on stock LS1's aint gonna cut it. not trying to be a dick but if that car has 500 hp it won't be much of a race. being that my car won't even be started up until next week, gotta get it broken in before the dynotune, etc. i shouldn't be talking....bench racing. i couldn't resist though...damn little devil on my shoulder
    Last edited by cam02ss; 03-30-2007 at 01:44 PM.

lol like me running 4tun?

sorry but pickin on stock LS1's aint gonna cut it. not trying to be a dick but if that car has 500 hp it won't be much of a race. being that my car won't even be started up until next week, gotta get it broken in before the dynotune, etc. i shouldn't be talking....bench racing. i couldn't resist though...damn little devil on my shoulder

I dont think he challenged the stocK LS1, he just volunteered

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

I dont think he challenged the stocK LS1, he just volunteered
    challenged wasnt the word he used, i believe it was "pickin on stock LS1s". It wasnt a challenege because obviously he'd beat me, volunteered as in i can get a video of getting beat by an evo? yea pickin on the stock LS1 sounds about right. its easy as shit for import guys to talk big to people like me who are stock... run with the big boys and you gain respect, not talkin big to girls in stock cars like mine.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information