Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Silver
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0gto4 View Post
    just tried it i didnt feel any AWESOME!!!! gains at all in fact my car maybe slower, i only say this because i had almost no wheel hop when ipulled 2nd gear and i normally have alot.
    i figured i gain alot more because i have LT too.

ehh o well
    As I said you can go by the one tune fits all. You have to log and log and log some more. I have done hours and hours of loging to get mine to the point that it is now. And at the end of May I am gonna put her on a dyno and tune for WOT, timing and afr. SO that there is a sure fired way of doing it. For now I have my LTFT set at cruise and adjusted the fan settings. Also moved the PE adjustment just a little even tho I dont have an wideband. But again you cant go buy "some guys" tune. I dont care if he heads the space shuttle program.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I don't know about "some guys" tune....but Allen Nelson tunes are from his database of a shitload of LS1's and 2's he has tuned personally.....I don't care what combination of mods/elevation etc. you have....he has tuned to optimum your ride already a 100 times....but I agree...I hate hand helds and canned tunes....Nelson is the exception....

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0gto4 View Post
    just tried it i didnt feel any AWESOME!!!! gains at all in fact my car maybe slower, i only say this because i had almost no wheel hop when ipulled 2nd gear and i normally have alot.
    i figured i gain alot more because i have LT too.

ehh o well
    Wheel hop is NO good, Just for your info you need to get it under control, I am on my 3rd rear end, however this one is BMR's half-shafts and Axle stubs, along with Drag bags and Harrop rear diff cover, slp Sway bar and bmr sfc's.....but trust me wheel hop=BAD NEWS!!!!
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Quick Silver
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I don't know about "some guys" tune....but Allen Nelson tunes are from his database of a shitload of LS1's and 2's he has tuned personally.....I don't care what combination of mods/elevation etc. you have....he has tuned to optimum your ride already a 100 times....but I agree...I hate hand helds and canned tunes....Nelson is the exception....
    ALL Im say Sarge is no one here can just take his posted modified tune and install it into there car and expect great results. Hell this same thread and tune was posted on the LS1/LS2gto.com forum and guess what......? The same responce was given. It would be no differant than if I was recognized tuner and posted a one size fits all tune on here, no one can expect the same results as what I got.
    So in the end he (Nelson) might very well be a good tuner, but his one size fits all tune is not the way to go. Ill say it again learn what the info is telling you from your Pred, then learn how to monitor the data. Then make your own adjustments. If you dont have the time or feel comfortable doing that then one should not be even touching or modifing the peramiters.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 1st5.7gto View Post
    ALL Im say Sarge is no one here can just take his posted modified tune and install it into there car and expect great results. Hell this same thread and tune was posted on the LS1/LS2gto.com forum and guess what......? The same responce was given. It would be no differant than if I was recognized tuner and posted a one size fits all tune on here, no one can expect the same results as what I got.
    So in the end he (Nelson) might very well be a good tuner, but his one size fits all tune is not the way to go. Ill say it again learn what the info is telling you from your Pred, then learn how to monitor the data. Then make your own adjustments. If you dont have the time or feel comfortable doing that then one should not be even touching or modifing the peramiters.
    You still dont understand. He has no one size fits all tune. Every tune is different based on your specific mod list/driving style/location etc.

Quick Silver
    04 GTO

You still dont understand. He has no one size fits all tune. Every tune is different based on your specific mod list/driving style/location etc.
    The last time I looked at the OP on this thread there was a discussion about a tune that he had installed with the modified peramiters posted up. This is the same tune that has for a year been running around the LS2gto.com site (where I spend most of my time) and the same discussion took place about how great it is. Till others out there tried it and found that with the said tune and on a dyno that they were loosing HP and TQ. Running pig rich and timing all out of wack. SO again this tune that seems to be the best thing in town, is not a one size fits all. Do a search on the the LS2gto.com site and you will find the same talk and said results.
    TO be honest I realy dont care what tune anyone runs. If they feel that there tire shreding has gotten better with tune X vs having a pro do it on a dyno even with there Pred, as I am doing or for that matter learning how to make adjustments them selves great, to each there own.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LS2GTO? The guys that traded in their Volvo's for a muscle car and are now experts? That LS2GTO? Yeah I saw that and it was bullshit. You don't "copy" tunes...that is why I dislike canned tunes so much. Nelson doesn't deliver canned tunes. Never has. Every tune is spec'd to a particular car.....have you even seen the info sheet required before he tunes your car and ships the tune to you?
    But I am also like you inasmuch as I could care less....but I do like to be accurate.
    And for the record there are a couple of guys on LS@GTO that know their stuff....MisterMike and Padre are both very informed gearheads....but far and away most of them are clueless and ball swingers.....I guess we have a few here also come to think of it
    I'll invite Allen to this thread and let him discuss this with us.....
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-20-2008 at 07:53 AM.

Quick Silver
    04 GTO

LS2GTO? The guys that traded in their Volvo's for a muscle car and are now experts? That LS2GTO? Yeah I saw that and it was bullshit. You don't "copy" tunes...that is why I dislike canned tunes so much. Nelson doesn't deliver canned tunes. Never has. Every tune is spec'd to a particular car.....have you even seen the info sheet required before he tunes your car and ships the tune to you?
    But I am also like you inasmuch as I could care less....but I do like to be accurate.
    And for the record there are a couple of guys on LS@GTO that know their stuff....MisterMike and Padre are both very informed gearheads....but far and away most of them are clueless and ball swingers.....I guess we have a few here also come to think of it
    I'll invite Allen to this thread and let him discuss this with us.....
    Ok Im not gonna debate with you Sarge as to who has more knowledge about tuning. I agree there are plenty of good tuners out there, hell Im getting my dyno tuned at the end of may using my Pred. As far as what was bullshit or not, it (the thread on LS2gto.com) was the same tune as the one here. So as far as bull shit, there you go. Same Nascar guy, years and years of engine building and tuning, same bullshit. It was as if the entire thread was copy and pasted from there to here, along with the same numbers and peramiters being adjusted. So as far as Im concerned that is bullshit.
    I knew there was a reasone why I wanted to unsubscribe from this thread. No I know.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Damn......issues? I thought we were talking about canned tunes man. I searched over there but couldn't find the thread you are referencing.
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-21-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Silver
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7literMustangEater View Post
    I just got my Diablo predator today and installed a performance tune that a guy on another forum ( I won't name names) gave me. This guy has developed and worked on NASCAR Busch Series engines. He took six months of playing around with the Predator to get this tune:

WOT Fuel Mixture
    2K-4K +8% Rich
    4K-7K +5% Rich

WOT Spark Advance
    2K-4K +2% Advance in Winter (Use 1% in Summer)
    4K-7K +6% Timing

Idle
    Drive:w/o AC +50
    Drive: w/AC =50
    Park/Neutral: w/AC +100
    Park/Neutral: w/o AC +100

Fan On/Off Temps for 160/180 Thermostat
    Fan 1 OFF 191.x
    Fan 1 ON 201.x
    Fan 2 OFF 202.x
    Fan 2 ON 212.x

Fuel Injector Slope
    minus(-) 7

ALL Torque Settings Management
    OFF

COT Temperature
    585*C

*****This is all you need for an M6 (set rev settings to your comfort level)*

I Eliminated the A4 stuff

Just wanted to share this with all you Predator program owners. This is one BAD ASS tune. I haven't had it tested, so I cannot make definitive statements about HP and Torque, but it is a vast improvement from the stock settings. I only have a K&N CAI on my GTO along with my tune and the GOAT is now officially One Bad GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My stock exhaust has a much more muscular tone and the LS1 is alive!!!!!!!!!! She really SHITS AND GETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what ya'll think of the tune and post your replies. Good Luck!!
    I have to ask what kind of LTFTs are you getting with this tune on the 04 LS1? Don't the LTFT numbers initiate the slope & rich/lean settings. And after setting those, if you have no KR at WOT, why adjust?
    I still may try tune, put mine back to stock, try this......see what happens, can't hurt. I'll let ya know soon.
    Thanks Madbar
    -----------------------------------
    2004 Silver GTO
    K&N CAI
    ported MAF housing
    SLP 1 3/4" LT coated headers
    SLP LM exhaust
    High Flow cats
    B&M ripper
    DiabloSport Predator Tuned
    ....so much more to go.
    $ = hp

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

First - I have to classify myself as a ball swinger when comparing my knowledge base to the moderators...

The only reason I have a hand held tuner is; living in SE Michigan I'm not sure who's going to be around. The shop I've heard has good references uses a hybrid of the LS1 software. I do not want to get stuck with a tune I can't do anything with...

Nobody ever listed the mods for the guy who wrote the tune. When I loaded it my exhaust tips were black within the week. Thats what prompted me to do some more research on the Diablo website. Based on that and reviewing my live data I've completely eliminated any WOT fuel. My mvh readings are right where it should be...and the vehicle quicker, but it's seat of the pants.

At the end of the day the biggest improvements I've felt are when I've changed something mechnically
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 04-22-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Silver
    99 Trans am

Can this tune be used on a 99 trans am Ls1, or do you know

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

At the end of the day take your Predator to a shop who works with Diablo.
    Get a wide band tune. The shop can work with Diablo and refine settings over and above what the unit can do and download the file to your hand held...if needed

I happened to get lucky because the local shop I used happened to work with somebody well up in the Diablo organization and my neighbor knows the shop owner. The tune is refined to the point where my a/f ratios are acceptable for running the motor, 12.5/1, but the pcm does not like it and I have to clear a histroy failure code which is no big deal

For $200 I ended up with a tune optimizing my mods;

331 hp
    346 ft lbs of torque
    on a dynojet...

its the only way to fly

Black
    2004 GTO

help

I just got my Diablo predator today and installed a performance tune that a guy on another forum ( I won't name names) gave me. This guy has developed and worked on NASCAR Busch Series engines. He took six months of playing around with the Predator to get this tune:

WOT Fuel Mixture
    2K-4K +8% Rich
    4K-7K +5% Rich

WOT Spark Advance
    2K-4K +2% Advance in Winter (Use 1% in Summer)
    4K-7K +6% Timing

Idle
    Drive:w/o AC +50
    Drive: w/AC =50
    Park/Neutral: w/AC +100
    Park/Neutral: w/o AC +100

Fan On/Off Temps for 160/180 Thermostat
    Fan 1 OFF 191.x
    Fan 1 ON 201.x
    Fan 2 OFF 202.x
    Fan 2 ON 212.x

Fuel Injector Slope
    minus(-) 7

ALL Torque Settings Management
    OFF

COT Temperature
    585*C

*****This is all you need for an M6 (set rev settings to your comfort level)*

For A4 GTO's these are the shift settings:

Shift Time
    1-2 -6%
    2-3 -8%
    3-4 -10%

WOT Up Shift MPH
    1-2 38MPH
    2-3 75MPH
    3-4 123MPH

WOT Down Shift MPH
    1-2 33MPH
    2-3 74MPH
    3-4 118MPH

WOT Up Shift RPM
    1-2 5900
    2-3 5900
    3-4 5900

WOT Shift Pressure
    1-2 +4% Firm
    2-3 +6% Firm
    3-4 +8% Firm

PART Throttle Shift Pressure
    1-2 +6% Firm
    2-3 +8% Firm
    3-4 +10% Firm

Just wanted to share this with all you Predator program owners. This is one BAD ASS tune. I haven't had it tested, so I cannot make definitive statements about HP and Torque, but it is a vast improvement from the stock settings. I only have a K&N CAI on my GTO along with my tune and the GOAT is now officially One Bad GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My stock exhaust has a much more muscular tone and the LS1 is alive!!!!!!!!!! She really SHITS AND GETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what ya'll think of the tune and post your replies. Good Luck!!
    Hey do you lose MPG with this tune???and for real does it really work?? ay send me a PM i have alot of question about the tune?

Black
    2004 GTO

I am just here to pass along the knowledge that I have recieved LOL!!!!!! I know this tune is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I too can barely get out of my GOAT. It really made the LS1 come alive. It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my Kook's 1 7/8" LT w/ 3" high flow cats and my Borla cat-back exhaust installed so it really WAKES UP!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I probably won't have that installed for some time. The wifey thinks I spend too much money on the GOAT and she wants a house, so we compromised, when we get the house I can get my headers and exhaust. Women just don't understand a man's love for his car do they?!?!? Anyhoot, I hope you all have enjoyed this tune and I welcome all of your comments. Please if you have another tune that you like post it here so we can all try it. Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste!!!! We can all benefit from someone's knowledge.
    what part of the tune you posted is for a 2004 GTO A4

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I had the hand held tuner at first was great i did make a few tenths diffrence,it took some tq. management off the car its great tool for the beginner,but is very limited to what you can do,I went to HP tuners long ago.and have never looked back unless it was to see the bus lenghts I put on the guy who started next to me at the light..

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    04M6 GTO

I don't know if this topic is considered dead or not, I'm new. Spare me if it is hehe
    Anyway, for those of you having problems setting timing advance and other paramiters as high as the values you see posted here, the answer is, No. it's not the most up-to-date verson. Also, if you're looking to BUY a Diablo Predator Unit/Kit, to ensure your unit is the newest release, look for an 'X' at the begining of the part number on the box. The 'X' in the number, means it's the newest release. This information is based on our proformance catalog, here at BFRC.
    Hope this helps.
    -Marc

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

correct - PLUS, the new versions for the 04's can now save the real time data logs!!
    06MonteSS
    2006 Monte Carlo SS -- CAI, Poly mounts, STB's,
    Flowmaster Super 40's, Custom DiabLew Tune!
    Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com

Quote Originally Posted by ne0fiend View Post
    I don't know if this topic is considered dead or not, I'm new. Spare me if it is hehe
    Anyway, for those of you having problems setting timing advance and other paramiters as high as the values you see posted here, the answer is, No. it's not the most up-to-date verson. Also, if you're looking to BUY a Diablo Predator Unit/Kit, to ensure your unit is the newest release, look for an 'X' at the begining of the part number on the box. The 'X' in the number, means it's the newest release. This information is based on our proformance catalog, here at BFRC.
    Hope this helps.
    -Marc
    What does U7198 mean?

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

U7198 is a model number of a specific Diablosport Predator...

there are different model numbers for different vehicles...

Thread Information