Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Always thought is was Ellis Juan.
    I thinks he's like mr Claus, St. Nick, Kris Kringle. Ellis, El Es I think they all are the same guy. They just bring smiles to all the good little boys and girls.

black
    00 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGLHS View Post
    I also smoked a Gallardo on the highway. We were going between 80 and 130. I was really surprised. I have konis so my car is stable at speed.
    With those cars there is absolutely no doubt when they are full throttle. You could hear that car a mile away.

Crushed a Ram SRT-10 reg cab short bed, that was no contest at all.

Dead heat highway with a turbo Golf with every mod availabe. We pulled over, the look on his face was priceless since I was so stock I still had the factory paper air filter....

(I do save most of my racing for the track, uh, now that I'm older!)
    hmmm see when i raced that gallardo it wasn to easy to beat n im puttin down over 420 to the wheels.. i was pullin every ace in my sleeve too.. windows up... air conditioner off.... nothing out of place in my car... never let off the gas when i shifted.. held my breath.. uhh it was interesting.. soo i think that gallardo was playin with your emotions
    00 SS TRak CAM,VALVETRAIN,CAI,HOOKER LT'S,3" ORY,CAT DELETE,PCV+EGR DELETE,LS6 MAN.90MM PORTED T/B, ASP UNDERDRIVE PULLEY,LS6PORTED OIL PUMP, FULLY BUILT T56 VIPER TRANNY,MOSER 12 BOLT 3.73'S 33 SPLINE BOLT IN AXELS ALL HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION.,BMR ADJ. TQ. ARM.,SFC'S, E. CUTOUT. 423 rwhp 416 rwTQ.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

The mighty MurciƩlago... only runs 12's... on the track... so with the less powerfull yet lighter Gallardo... we'd probably see similar performance... the difrence is in the fact that the Gallardo was made for high speed... and your car is more of a torque off the line beasts... that made it so hard to beat up in the 80 to 130mph range... stock... no even a C5 could beat the gallardo... so it's out of the question to say stock

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Exclamation

More people need to post what they have beat ... cause I can't believe only a small number of us have ever actually raced with anything...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i have yet to have the satisfaction of racing a mustang... or any ricers.. a few imports.. but no RICERS

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Depending on the type of Mustang you race... you might get extreme satisfaction...or feel like a complete A**hole... for being such an abusive mo'fo... but it does feel great once you do beat em

As for ricers...there's just no point... cause they'll usually make you look bad... and then they'll celebrate as if they just won the lottery...
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

For one
    Looking

I don't race Rice burners... It's like beating up a handicapped kid... If you win, its no big deal... If you lose, your friends will never let you live it down.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
    I don't race Rice burners... It's like beating up a handicapped kid... If you win, its no big deal... If you lose, your friends will never let you live it down.
    i know exactly what you mean... but i just want to see just how bad it would beat a "modded" (cai, exhaust, import driver) civic on the highway... the feeling of not knowing if they floored it or not... i used to have a ricer so slow a civic would beat it so it would b funny to me... maybe not to someone who has had fast cars all their life

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

the newer murcielago doesnt run a 12. it will easily run 11s. we're talking about 600 hp out of a v12 here. 12? not hardly. a gallardo will run 12s, and i can almost guarantee that if you dont have mods they will be putting lengths on you rather quickly on the highway. just like blue by u said, he has around 450 horse...so i could see him running with one for sure. that 500 hp is at the crank on the gallardo, and the awd means nothing after you get going. drivetrain loss, though minimal must be factored in.

so i dont see how a stock f body would beat a lamborghini especially from speeds of 70+. the guy either is lying or his opponent WAS NOT on the throttle.

i tried to race an 06 viper. how pretty do you think that was?

500 hp isnt a made up number.....

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    the newer murcielago doesnt run a 12. it will easily run 11s. we're talking about 600 hp out of a v12 here. 12? not hardly. a gallardo will run 12s, and i can almost guarantee that if you dont have mods they will be putting lengths on you rather quickly on the highway. just like blue by u said, he has around 450 horse...so i could see him running with one for sure. that 500 hp is at the crank on the gallardo, and the awd means nothing after you get going. drivetrain loss, though minimal must be factored in.

so i dont see how a stock f body would beat a lamborghini especially from speeds of 70+. the guy either is lying or his opponent WAS NOT on the throttle.

i tried to race an 06 viper. how pretty do you think that was?

500 hp isnt a made up number.....
    Lying???? Not really racing??? Not on the throttle, you ever hear that car???
    Pretty obvious when he was full throttle. I'm not really arguing with you, just telling what happened. I would have put my money on the Lambo too.

This exactly where this happened,in MA Rte 128 N (95N) between Rte 93 intersection to 128 split. We went the 12 mi or so. We went 3 times then hit traffic and did it again, and again, and again.

I have no illusions about the performance of an F-body.

I have rented an 05 Viper. No doubt it would kill the camaro. I have a 300 whp Shelby GLHS (think 2300 lb Dodge Omni brick) that will kill the camaro. (it is 6 seconds faster at NHIS, and 9 seconds faster at Watkins Glen). I have drive lots of Z06's. I've driven alot of everything since I'm a driving instructor with comscc. All I'm saying is that is what happened. I don't BS, why would I? I got nothing to prove.

I do like my car though. It's stripper with crank windows out the door for $21K. Fast for the cash.

Pewter
    2000 z28

im just trying to understand this here...

a viper with 500 hp could kill a stock f body.

a lambo with 500 hp gets killed by a stock f body.

heres the slanted facts:

2005 lamborghini gallardo:

v10 5.0 liter DOHC
    0-60: 4 seconds
    0-100: 9.2 seconds
    1/4 e.t: 12.4 @ 118 mph
    curb weight: 3153 lbs.

2006 dodge viper:

v10 8.2 liter
    0-60: 4 seconds
    0-100: 9.3 seconds
    1/4 e.t: 12.5 @ 117 mph
    curb weight: 3500 lbs

2002 chevy camaro z28

v8 5.7 liter
    0-60: 5.2 seconds
    0-100: 11.6 seconds (guessing since i couldnt find exact number)
    1/4 e.t: 13.4 @ 106 mph
    curb weight: 3400 lbs

the viper would benefit immensely from a set of drag radials, as that 1/4 time was achieved on street tires. it is rear wheel drive.

on the other hand, the gallardo is all wheel drive and it ran the same time as the viper, plus it being a good 300 plus pounds lighter.

the f body weighs in at 3400 lbs and runs mid to low 13s. it has no weight advantage, and is out muscled by a near 200 horse power. the awd gallardo, though ridiculously priced, runs 12.40s repectively. it puts all the power to the ground and will launch hard. even when the launch is eliminated (rolling start) the gallardo still has more hp and torque at the same rpms the f body is turning.

so my question remains...if a viper eats an f body, and is virtually matched in every speed category AND far heavier than a gallardo, how could an f body just magically beat a gallardo?

remember you said stock f body...so if mods start to come out of the wood work it changes the story drastically.

i dont understand how 500 horsepower is frowned upon by people pushing 350 to the wheels. yes we have torque...but i think a v10 has its fair share.

i know anything can happen when racing...but going from a roll greatly eliminates a race's difficulty...

dont want to offend you or call you a liar, i just want an explanation.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Another notch

On my way home today, I came up behind this newer Subaru Impreza STI with a huge wing on the back. He must have seen me, because when the guy in front of him turned, he nailed it, and a little smoke came out his tailpipe. I was ready for him. I nailed it too and stayed with him. Then we came up on more traffic. We got to a road, and we both turned onto it and went again. I had to take it wide, but I still lost traction. Of course he had AWD, but I stayed right on his ass 'til he backed off when we got to a blind corner. When he turned into his driveway I beeped and gave him a wave.
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I'm with secondgearscratch the facts out weigh the results, but there's probably a logical explanations... either hidden Mods... or just a horrible driver that bought an expensive car just to pick up chicks but doesn't know how to get the full potential out of it...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I beat a homeless guy on a bicycle today.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

01 GTP
    96 LT1 vert.

96 chevy shortbe reg cab lowered truck cough 4.3l cough

ram air hood with functioning ram air, muffler of some kind don't know what but I love the sound.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Impossible... dont make me whip out the quarter mile times of homeless on bicycles.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sskid View Post
    Impossible... dont make me whip out the quarter mile times of homeless on bicycles.
    He was quick, he got me out of the hole and I had to play catch up.

Silver

He was quick, he got me out of the hole and I had to play catch up.
    they go faster if u put a quarter in the pot

Junior Member Big-K-Performance's Avatar

Rally Red
    2002 Camaro SS LE

I have beat:

'05 Viper SRT-10
    '07 Charger SRT-8
    C5 Vettes
    Countless Mustang GTs
    Many ricers, I get tired of racing them, I always win and it's never a challange

Pewter
    2000 z28

he obviously wasnt sporting the newest model mongoose then.....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information