19 13.67%
  • Mail Order

11 7.91%
  • Tunercats

1 0.72%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Predator is better than nothing, but you could do so much more with software like HPTuners.

JRocket
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    I am building a bunch of them and plan on sharing them on a page on my website...
    What site might that be?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Thumbs up

I just got my TunerCats a few weeks ago. It's great...and cheap!

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fran D
    I just got my TunerCats a few weeks ago. It's great...and cheap!
    I've looked into tunercats recently and heres my opinion on it
    Pro's
    Price...for $379.00 you get one definition file which generally contains 2 full years worth of vehicles. Also Each definition file after that is only $79.00

Con's
    No real forums for them...i found two forums that revolve around tunercats and there were like 3 posts in the last month on both of them. Email support is iffy at best as well.

No scanner...even though they are and have been working on a scanner in beta for about a year now they still dont offer anything...so work that into your price.

Non user friendly...just from playing with the demo version you can tell its not a program you'd like to use full time...yes its functional but difficult to navigate and just not user friendly.

Amount of parameters to change...I dont know exactly how many but if the two demo files are even close to what they offer id be scared.

again for the price if you already have a good scanner & dont mind the navigation as compared to hpt or efilive or you need to be able to tune lt1 cars its a good choice...if you dont have a scanner though just go with hpt or efi and you'll be a happier camper imho.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    Pro's
    Price...for $379.00 you get one definition file which generally contains 2 full years worth of vehicles. Also Each definition file after that is only $79.00

Con's
    No real forums for them...i found two forums that revolve around tunercats and there were like 3 posts in the last month on both of them. Email support is iffy at best as well.

No scanner...even though they are and have been working on a scanner in beta for about a year now they still dont offer anything...so work that into your price.

Non user friendly...just from playing with the demo version you can tell its not a program you'd like to use full time...yes its functional but difficult to navigate and just not user friendly.

Amount of parameters to change...I dont know exactly how many but if the two demo files are even close to what they offer id be scared.

again for the price if you already have a good scanner & dont mind the navigation as compared to hpt or efilive or you need to be able to tune lt1 cars its a good choice...if you dont have a scanner though just go with hpt or efi and you'll be a happier camper imho.
    Granted, it's not for everyone. I already had a cheapo scanner (get the drift?) so that was not an issue. Although it doesn't appear to have the same functionality as the other products (especially from the demo), there's no difference that I have seen thus far. And, as far as tuning help is concerned, one can garner enough information from the boards of the more popular products. It always boils down to air, fuel and spark. If one can deal with a minimum of hand-holding, it's not a bad option.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Granted, it's not for everyone. I already had a cheapo scanner (get the drift?) so that was not an issue. Although it doesn't appear to have the same functionality as the other products (especially from the demo), there's no difference that I have seen thus far. And, as far as tuning help is concerned, one can garner enough information from the boards of the more popular products. It always boils down to air, fuel and spark. If one can deal with a minimum of hand-holding, it's not a bad option.
    definitly...thats why i was looking into it i figured i could get the 96-97 lt1 licenses as well as some of the truck, vette & gto licenses that i dont have...most of the stuff needed is there...just takes longer to navigate through it from what ive seen...and then just use my hpt scanner to get most of the stuff done.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

definitly...thats why i was looking into it i figured i could get the 96-97 lt1 licenses as well as some of the truck, vette & gto licenses that i dont have...most of the stuff needed is there...just takes longer to navigate through it from what ive seen...and then just use my hpt scanner to get most of the stuff done.
    Where are you in Trenton? I must have tripped across you at some of the etown EFI events. I'm the old, gray ... er .... mature individual with the black '00 SS.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Where are you in Trenton? I must have tripped across you at some of the etown EFI events. I'm the old, gray ... er .... mature individual with the black '00 SS.
    shoot...i stopped going to etown long ago...i havent even been hitting atco lately though with my gtp being my "race" car lately I really need to get back behind the wheel of an fbody of my own.

99 Firebird Formula

Pro's

Con's

You are correct, tunercats is not something that any person on the street can pick up and know how to use right off the bat. Once you understand it however, it is a very powerful tool. I use it, it's all I have ever known...gets the job done well. I just got AutoTap for scanning, I don't care for it too much though.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by keliente
    You are correct, tunercats is not something that any person on the street can pick up and know how to use right off the bat. Once you understand it however, it is a very powerful tool. I use it, it's all I have ever known...gets the job done well. I just got AutoTap for scanning, I don't care for it too much though.

being a powerful tool & being user friendly are another...whats it a year that the software has been out but no scanner as of yet? Don't get me wrong their pricing is great but you have to buy a scanner & go through the whole excel process to do alot of things...2.0 will rid us of most of the old excel spreadsheets we were used to.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

New to EFILive...need help

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    Efilive for me, 30 programmed computers a day. Couldnt do it with any other software. Lots of cool goodies being released weekly, and Updates faster than a guy can download. I love it..
    I am new to the EFI world...just got my flash and scan couple of weeks ago. Nny body experienced with it that could help a guy get started. This software is LOADED with options

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

GMMG dyno tune here.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

Talking

I used to use LS1Edit but switched to EFILive FlashScan. I love it.

Bill

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Bryan Herter at PCMforLess progrmmed mine.

HP tuner
    User friendly, Gets the job done

purple
    1966 Chevy II Wagon

Why are the LS1 tuner makers so money hungry?

Has anyone made a tuning/ dataloging device that is completely open and does not lock to one vin number, and is cheap to buy. I cant believe they want you to pay that much if you want to tune more than one vehicle. It sickens me.
    With the older tpi and tbi systems everything is free and available online. I hope this happens to the newer generation pcm's sometime soon.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by buktooth
    Has anyone made a tuning/ dataloging device that is completely open and does not lock to one vin number, and is cheap to buy. I cant believe they want you to pay that much if you want to tune more than one vehicle. It sickens me.
    With the older tpi and tbi systems everything is free and available online. I hope this happens to the newer generation pcm's sometime soon.
    hptuners & tunercats are year locked basically...tunercats actually is a little looser in their licensing but isnt something id recommend to an inexperienced user...and their scanner has been in beta for about a year so im not sure how far along that is either.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Bryan Herter at PCMforLess progrmmed mine. Much better than the Hypertech Programmer III.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Bryan did an excellent job with mine, Since I have Ported my Throttle Body, I need the tune to be tweaked on a dyno, but I didnt tell him I was porting it, that was my fault, so I am getting the random MAF code activating the SES light occasionally. After the dyno, I will post gained numbers... -Tim
    Last edited by PaganEgyptian; 12-08-2005 at 12:24 PM.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

fwiw porting the tb should have nothing to do with any maf codes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information