Page 336 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3686136186236286296306316332333334335336337338339340 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 7102

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    199,995!
    Saturday, Gracie crossed the 200,000 mile mark! On to 250,000!

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Ordered up new switches for driver door since the window was going out and the plate had a missing tab.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Saturday - finally been able to take my bird over to the base and used their 4 post lift to get the car up in the air to check the pinon angle and replace the diff pinon seal.

Ever since Feb the last time I was at the track and had a major issue with my drive line, it has had a severe vibration above 65mph.

Backstory - My issue at the track was the torque arm mount that had been modified for the 8.8 long time ago worked great while under street tires on the road and the track....until I ran with slicks. My last lunch (4k rpm) the car launch hard for about 10 ft but then the rear unloaded on me and felt like I was floating so I let off. I found other issues that killed my track day so took it home. Drive home was harsh, couldn't get up to speed had to stay around 55. Got it home and up on stands. Found my torque arm mount had Bent it a good 2". So with some love from a BFH and a lot of cussing I clearance the tunnel wall to make room for the unmodified torque arm mount to get installed. I then did a quick check to see if my pinon angle had changed and thought I was good.

Fast forward to Sat - It's been several months and I had my hand in a cast twice now and had surgery since Feb so it hasn't had much road time. I knew the pinon seal was leaking (it's an 8.8 ) so while I was there, I checked it again this time while the suspension was fully loaded. Turns out I was about 3* off. Made my adjustments. Test drive felt great. Did some 0-80 pulls no issues. Then later on when the roads were cleared I did several 55-110 pulls and again zero vibrations. Finally fixed...... Been driving me nuts for a while, got to the point I didn't want to drive it.

And now that the cast is off and car is fixed again.....it fwaking has rained every day since last Thursday. No rain for 3 months while I was in cast, but 3 days out of it here comes the damn monsoon season. weather.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Bought something to move my TA around this past weekend...a duramax.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Bought something to move my TA around this past weekend...a duramax.
    Why would you put a diesel in a TA?
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Was there a massive post loss lately?

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Pretty sure its just that dead.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Why would you put a diesel in a TA?
    Um no I bought a GMC Sierra 2500 with a duramax in it so I can trailer the TA to take it to the race track and such

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I poke in time after time. Been focusing on my trucks too much. But I did end up having C-pop install my headers and LS6 intake, and dyno tuned it. But now its tucked away for hibernation.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Navy Blue Metallic

Swapped in the aluminum headlight gears last night, letting the rtv dry before I attempt to swap out. I'll be making a how to thread once I get all the pics I need.

[/url]

I get to do it twice, doing mine first then on my daughters Vert, I have hers wrapped up for a present.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 12-19-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Swapped in the aluminum headlight gears last night, letting the rtv dry before I attempt to swap out. I'll be making a how to thread once I get all the pics I need.

Click for full size[/url]

Click for full size

I get to do it twice, doing mine first then on my daughters Vert, I have hers wrapped up for a present.
    I replaced my gears about 10 years ago, and haven't had one second of trouble out of them. I think I used brass from Rodney Dickman which came with a "t" brace, epoxy, and even a popsicle stick to mix it with! I think the headlight motors are still original. My car is back on the road. Had the Midwest Chassis rearend rebuilt. The backlash that is normally .007 was about .375. Pitted bearings, worn out ring and pinion gear, leaky seals. Now good as new with a new set of 4.11's, ball bearings instead of angled roller bearings, and new seals. Put new drilled and slotted rotors on with new pads. Also put in a new 2 row all aluminum radiator, and after much massaging, got it in. Ahhh, now for some much needed rest while nothing else breaks....ssshhhh, don't say it too loud....
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Navy Blue Metallic

I have 4.11's in mine, gas mpg is going to take a hit

For Christmas break I'm pulling my gauge pod out and rewiring it. Something must have gotten pinched or crimped when I installed the recovered dash. The gauges are cutting in and out and I think my shift light isn't fully working. I also will be doing the gears on my daughters Vert and most likely doing front wheel hubs.

I also need to figure out why my gas pedal is sitting lower then the brake and clutch. I mean I do have a heavy foot but I haven't been to the track since Feb.

Red

Believe it or not, I have gotten 27mpg hwy with 4.11's. Consistent. I'm finally getting around to fixing my glove box light. I had too much "stuff" in it, and broke the mount that the light fixture mounts in. I am having to fabricate a small mounting bracket to JB Weld/screw in to mount the push button switch on. Just ordered a 194 bulb in LED to install in the glove box. Nice and Bright~!!

Navy Blue Metallic

27mpg How?

Mine might be because I'm a 403ci stroker, 8.8 rear and a heavy damn foot

Red

I keep her tuned up with new plugs, synthetic oil, Z Max additive, K & N air filter, 40 psi in all 4 tires, and drive like a grandmaw. But that is only on the highway. Around town, I get 22-23mpg. Mine is also the 348 cubic inch with stock fuel injectors. I also add octane booster on road trips. Going through Nebraska last year, with 80mph speed limits, I got 27mpg. Have you seen the video of the guy who got his car tuned to get near 40mpg at 60mph in 6th gear? The guy tuned it to lean out at a certain speed in 6th gear. He did it on his Corvette and actually showed his dash posting 38mpg. I haven't had all that done, but my car has always gotten that mileage on the road. Yeah, heavy feet make the gas gauge move like the tachometer!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

no more lazy eye or flipping up and growling when alarm is set.

Now to do my daughter's vert.

Time for plug change on the Trans Am too. Not looking forward to that, always a PITA. TR6 plugs don't last too long but are a needed plug for me.

Red

Hey Scott, did you change out your front wheel bearings? I've been thinking about doing that myself.

Navy Blue Metallic

Not yet, I'm off next week so I get to it then.

The front are not that hard to do, remove brake caliber, rotor, and 4 bolts, abs sensor if you have 4 channel.

Rear if it's a stock rear = PITA.

Red

Yeah, I leave the rearend bearings to the garage guys that specialize in rearends. I only have a one car garage, so it's next to impossible to pull the axles out and not hit the walls of the garage. I came real close to changing out the front bearings when I replaced the rotors with drilled/slotted, but chose to do it at a later date. Looks like it would be pretty easy. I think it calls for 63ft/lbs of torque. What type of hubs are you planning on using? Timken, SKF, Moog, ACDelco, or a less expensive brand? I don't know about you, but I don't do ANY road racing, only a weekly driver.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

After years of aggravation changing out wheel bearings, I just ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/ATD-Tools-Whe...s%2C295&sr=8-7

Too often I have encountered steel bearing shells seized in aluminum castings with the removal process sometimes taking up to two hours.

Page 336 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3686136186236286296306316332333334335336337338339340 ... LastLast

Thread Information