Page 301 of 356 FirstFirst ... 51101151201251261271281297298299300301302303304305321331341351 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 7110
    Blog Entries
    Hi Gents. Great to take the '99 30th Ann. Ed. Trans Am out today on some dry roads in between snow storms. Got the engine revving and everything warmed up! LoVE this ride! Q??? I either forgot or it stopped working, but my drivers power seat all wrapped in fancy white leather... it no longer moves forward. Moves up/down, tilts front/back, and I can hear the motor trying and lights dim a bit when press BACKWARDS switch (it's already all way back, PRAISE BE as I'm TALL...!), but ...

... I don't hear any "click" from switch, relay or motor when press fwd. Any suggestions? I seem to recall fwd/back motor did work last Fall and prior. Not sure though. a) Do motors get stuck lime starter motor and move with a whack? b) is switch maybe bad as I don't hear or see a thing when press fwd on button. c) is there a relay for both front and then back, because when i press BaCK it is definitely clicking and trying to turn motor (but it's all way back). I am a mechanic but have very little experience with interiors, seats, relays, etc. More of an engine block kind of guy. :-)

Thanks for any tips.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Try to help it by pulling forward on the seat (or pushing from the back) to see if it will move. Could be as simple as a loose connection or damaged wire or as complex as a motor or switch replacement.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Mine quit adjusting and it turned out to be a loose plug underneath. Iw ould try unplugging and reseating plugs first to see if it is simple. Worth a shot.

Today my TA got driven into work and the new tires should be delivered for the C6 wheels i picked up. Summer should be fun with another new look.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Well Guys....

Got mine out of hibernation this morning and it was nice to be behind the wheel again!!

Hellishly poor idle for a bit and the thud when shifting into drive was a neck snapper but
    all of that settled once it was warmed right up.

Bought a new heavy duty outdoor cover for her from the same people as the last one and
    it will have to go back for alterations as it is fully tailored to fit or in this case... not!!

No matter...... old one back on for now and it's nice to see her parked outside again!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

We are probably still a few weeks away from waking up our children.

Blog Entries
    Anybody have wiring diagram or knowledge of whether front motion function can be bad whilst back seems to work, and all others working? Maybe a bad switch on the seat ? Do they corrode at switch?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Hi Gents. Great to take the '99 30th Ann. Ed. Trans Am out today on some dry roads in between snow storms. Got the engine revving and everything warmed up! LoVE this ride! Q??? I either forgot or it stopped working, but my drivers power seat all wrapped in fancy white leather... it no longer moves forward. Moves up/down, tilts front/back, and I can hear the motor trying and lights dim a bit when press BACKWARDS switch (it's already all way back, PRAISE BE as I'm TALL...!), but ...

... I don't hear any "click" from switch, relay or motor when press fwd. Any suggestions? I seem to recall fwd/back motor did work last Fall and prior. Not sure though. a) Do motors get stuck lime starter motor and move with a whack? b) is switch maybe bad as I don't hear or see a thing when press fwd on button. c) is there a relay for both front and then back, because when i press BaCK it is definitely clicking and trying to turn motor (but it's all way back). I am a mechanic but have very little experience with interiors, seats, relays, etc. More of an engine block kind of guy. :-)

Thanks for any tips.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

when mine did that it was because a wire had broken.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Tune scheduled with Ed Wright for Monday. Wish he still had his dyno to show real world changes, but I trust his work. Anything will be better than the current tune I'm sure, especially with the fixes I had to do on the crappy fuel pump install by previous owner's mechanic.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    We are definitely a few weeks away from waking up our children.
    Fixed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

The most important event was taking the TA to a shop due to an oil-related issue. A mechanic gushed over the car and called it a Firebird He fixed the problem, though - I think it was a sensory needing to be reset.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Oil level sensor on the side of the pan?

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Every time I think it's going to get nice enough to wake up beast they start talking about snow again !! It's supposed to be spring DAMIT. Mid-Atlantic weather SUCKS ! Sorry,, just had to vent
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

It was warm enough and dry enough to drive mine today.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Got through tuning yesterday. Car seems to be running much better, especially on the low end. Ed had...constructive....criticism for the previous "tuner"'s work. On the down side, he said that one of our o2 sensors was consistently reading low voltage, and probably on its way out. This explains some of the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde mentality of the car over the last few weeks. New sensor is next on the list, they are much cheaper than I remember 10 years ago. $38 for an ACDelco factory replacement on RockAuto. Not bad.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Well it seems my brakes are a bit close lol. Wheel won't really spin but I actually think it's rubbing on the inside so I need a bfh to the wheel well slightly. I may also grind my calipers a bit.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

It seems my blower bracket may have an issue clearing the new MSD manifold.....hmmm.....May have to consider going back to a FAST. Damn this custom blower bracket!
    98 WS6 M6 ASC #2647
    Forged Custom 408 w/Vortec YSi

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

can you post a pic on what it's doing/not doing?

Just how much is it off?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Got through tuning yesterday. Car seems to be running much better, especially on the low end. Ed had...constructive....criticism for the previous "tuner"'s work. On the down side, he said that one of our o2 sensors was consistently reading low voltage, and probably on its way out. This explains some of the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde mentality of the car over the last few weeks. New sensor is next on the list, they are much cheaper than I remember 10 years ago. $38 for an ACDelco factory replacement on RockAuto. Not bad.
    Ended up taking the car back to Ed. He adjusted idle air a bit, and all is well.

I will still replace the one o2 sensor before it has a chance to fail.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Well it seems my brakes are a bit close lol. Wheel won't really spin but I actually think it's rubbing on the inside so I need a bfh to the wheel well slightly. I may also grind my calipers a bit.Click for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full size

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    Plenty of room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

who needs brakes

Page 301 of 356 FirstFirst ... 51101151201251261271281297298299300301302303304305321331341351 ... LastLast

Thread Information