Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456723 ... LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i just got a new one today...the walking stare-n-trip

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I always get Thumbsup. Sometimes when I leave for work the kiddos of the apts I lived in would wave and say "go fast"...so when I got on the street I would punch it for them. All I have are headers too I cant wait till I upgrade the engine.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I always get Thumbsup. Sometimes when I leave for work the kiddos of the apts I lived in would wave and say "go fast"...so when I got on the street I would punch it for them. All I have are headers too I cant wait till I upgrade the engine.
    OMG you STILL don't have an exhaust!?!??!?! geez..

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    OMG you STILL don't have an exhaust!?!??!?! geez..
    Oh yeah I got a magnaflow exhaust

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Ecut-outs will turn heads....

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Well, I guess my experience has been a little different. After reading some of the stories here, I have to say that I've only once gotten another TA to wave at me on the road. I see them from time to time, and its not like our cars are very good at hiding in a crowd - of course they stand out, that what they were made for. But every time I pass one they never acknowledge me/see me. What's worse is that my dad bought the new mustang gt when it came out back in '05, and we all know that Ford sells more mustangs than they can make. Anyway, whenever we go for a ride, every mustang on the road waves, gives thumbs up, talks to us. What gives?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Gundlach9 View Post
    Well, I guess my experience has been a little different. After reading some of the stories here, I have to say that I've only once gotten another TA to wave at me on the road. I see them from time to time, and its not like our cars are very good at hiding in a crowd - of course they stand out, that what they were made for. But every time I pass one they never acknowledge me/see me. What's worse is that my dad bought the new mustang gt when it came out back in '05, and we all know that Ford sells more mustangs than they can make. Anyway, whenever we go for a ride, every mustang on the road waves, gives thumbs up, talks to us. What gives?

I can throw a rock in any direction in town and hit a mustang, the bastards are everywhere and if they had any common sense they would drive a termi or a Lsx car

Black
    00' Firehawk T/A

I get "Is that a real Firehawk?"

I'm also running a cam (TR224) with open headers. It's sounds like a damn race car, and when I give people rides it's awesome to see the huge goofy looking smile on their faces.

BTW, Saying that mustangs are every where is a terrible excuse for why you don't like them. It reminds me of people who have some vendetta against the iPhone because everyone has one. Yes, having something that's rare is a plus, but I think it only goes so far. If T/A's where everywhere, I still would think they look kick ass. I wouldn't switch to a mustang even if mustangs where much rarer than T/A's.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Come to my town and you will find your statement invalid...

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

Gas Station Mechanic: That sounds like a huge engine, whats in it?

Me: 5.7 w/ Cam

Gas Station Mechanic: Man I bet that runs at least 16.5.

Me: ?? Nah more like 18.90s ( and just when I thought it couldnt get worse)

Gas Station Mechanic: Oh is it a v6 then?

Then I just said yea and left. I was in shock this dude even worked on cars.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 20WS601 View Post
    Gas Station Mechanic: That sounds like a huge engine, whats in it?

Me: 5.7 w/ Cam

Gas Station Mechanic: Man I bet that runs at least 16.5.

Me: ?? Nah more like 18.90s ( and just when I thought it couldnt get worse)

Gas Station Mechanic: Oh is it a v6 then?

Then I just said yea and left. I was in shock this dude even worked on cars.
    You should have told him what it really does and let his mouth drop.

Basically would have been a to a mechanic.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

I used to get some stares with my EM1, but this car is totally different lol.

I once made a point of looking at other drivers and notice how they will wrench their necks to look at my car. I get some compliments, usually from someone with an fbody/gto/corvette, but generally if I'm at a gas station or a parking lot, and a mustang/s2000/etc. is next to me it'll just be an awkward silence as they keep glancing over at my car. In some cases, I assume they are reflecting on that time they still thought there car was gods gift to earth and someones stock flying wedge passed them.

I got my TR224 cam installed yesterday and it isn't fully tuned so idle to the untrained ear would sound like it's packing something way meaner. The entire evening from the time I had to deal with rush hour home to going to the market/mall quickly it was constant attention. I was just idling through a parking lot trying to keep a low profile and someone who was standing next to 350z went "holy shit!" as the whole group around him had to stare.

Best comment so far was from a MECHANIC a few weeks back.

Him: Wow sounds nice
    Me: Thanks haha.
    Him: That has to be a 5.0
    Me: It's a 5.7l actually.
    Him: Damn your monthly gas bill must be more than my car payment!

I live in Hawaii where there are a lot of nice cars too(along with clunkers). If I were back in Rhode Island I wouldn't be surprised if I'd get more attention, as a sub 14 second car is far more rare.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Best comment I had was from a mustang guy at quick trip.

Guy: Man thats a sweet car.
    Me: Thanks
    Guy: Trans am thats the way to roll i had 5 of them in my life.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

I was storing my car in my parents' garage last year. A contractor was there working on their evestrouphs, and my dad opened the garage door. The guy saw the car and asked my dad about it. My dad said it was his sons car, and the guy asked if I would sell it for $35k. That was only $5k less than I paid for it 5 years prior.

My dad told me about it later, and I said, "maybe for $60k"! I really don't want to EVER get rid of it, so it would take some convincing even at that price. I grew up with a dream of owning a firebird/camaro, and this car is more than I ever dreamed of.

Just yesterday, I was on the elevator in my building with a bunch of people. Everyone got off on the way up except myself and another guy on the floor above me. After it was just me and him, he said, "you have that silver car?" and I said yeah, and he said "I love that car man, I take it you are keeping it, huh?" and I said "OH YEAH!".

Things like that remind me that I made a good choice, but I really got it because I loved it, and not for everyone else. If I see someone with a nice Mustang, as they do exist, like the current 427 Roush, I am comfortable enough to compliment them...assuming they aren't all cocky and an ass. I have one of those in my building as well...it's a nice car all-around.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

I have two standing offers from guys that want to buy my car. I thought about selling it once for a Vette. Then I thought of what I could do with the extra dough and went out and bought a brand new Z to commute with and keep the miles off my baby. Then some guy rearended/totalled my Z in traffic with his Lexus LS400. I had the Z for four years. I was so glad I wasn't in my Bird on that day.

Another great compliment I received have been.... Wow is that the new Corvette?

One guy walking across the street came up to my window and asked to shake my hand.
    He said, "Damn Dude you did a great job on this car. It looks and sounds great and I just wanted to shake your hand. Great job."

Today, I was starting off really cautiously and there were some people supporting the local nominees for office on the corner. I got just a little churp as I took off (not passing anyone mind you). They jumped off the safety zone and one guy stayed there and was giving me thumbs up. Totally accidental. I love the torque my car has. I should have had the drag radials on. Street tires are just too hard on cold days for these cars.

So, I haven't posted pictures of my car lately. I know it doesn't look like much. It's just super clean. All the goodies are under the sheetmetal. ;-)

Red
    98 Trans Am

I was coming from work one day and was parking. When i got out of the car an old man walking his little poodle stopped and asked me where i got such a nice car. I told him I got it at a Ford Dealership. He look at me with the staightest of faces and said, probly from a dumb ass that got that new mustang huh? Beautiful car!
    I laughed my ass off. This man was like in his 60s at least.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

^^^^ That's about right ROTGL ^^^^^

I have to admit ... I wouldn't mind one of those Bullet Cars with a SC put on it though. Ford will honor full warantee 3-36,000 if the dealership installs it.

Most likely they just get Vortec's 3/36 warantee.... ;-)

The car would cost about $38K but still cheaper than stock Vette and just something different from the crowd of Mustangs running around. Yeah I know, still a Mustang. However, I like a little stealth and it would be fun beating a few F-Bodies with it for kicks. ;-)

Don't get me wrong LS1/SC > Mustang/SC .....
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-12-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

random guy at a gas station yesterday asked me if my car had a 454 in it.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I had a dude whistle at me today...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Then I went to Kroger and had some lil 7 yr old stopped his mom while I was driving by yelling "MOM, look at that car. that's awesome". I just had a big ass shit grin driving by.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456723 ... LastLast

Thread Information