Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

NBM
    98 trans am

dang i learned a lot, thanks

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i'm not sure who you are on there...

guy in blue gloves = over confident, cocky and lets his guard drop... against some one like me he is his own worst enemy... i'd use him against his self...

guy in black gloves = acting with out thinking clearly... using what he was taught and not any of his own spirit and heart... after landing a blow takes a bit to long to land another one... against him i'd take advantage of the time to next hit...

both drop thier heads and fire away... VERY wrong... HEADS UP!!! hands infront!!!
    im the blue btw

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    im the blue btw
    hmm...

my advice would be tuck your chin down to the "V" where your brest bone stops... keep your arms up at all times!!! the other guy takes a shot then waits after he hits he is open... fire away at that spot!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

one more thing... before you throw a punch you're dropping your glove/hand arm down and back...

straight forward jabs and turn your shoulder with the jab to get more distance and power... your other hand should be up block and hooks that come in...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I haven't read any of the replies, but here is what I noticed (which may have been stated). Keep your guard up, practice jabbing with keeping it up. That was a nice hook you landed. And pace yourself, don't get too excited and wear yourself out. Other then that, you did pretty good.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

and watch his shoulders!!!

NBM
    98 trans am

do watching his shoulders predict what hes doing?

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

man this sucks, i can't even see the video because i am on duty but when i get home tommorow i will check it out.....I have not seen it but, here some common things guys do that you can work on.........
    Don't blink, yes keep your chin down but don't try to rest it i've seen people try to have a turtle neck and that just slows you down, don't plant your feet alot, only do that when you are going to do a powerful as punch, it is all pivoting and generating momentum from the your lower body, jabs are your bread and butter man, god knows how many guys get schooled with just jabbing, that can stop a man before i fight even starts........work on that jab, i can go on with alot.......but to me a jab is key, move with it get low and mix it up, and the most important i think is ring generalship.....
    man if you can control a ring. I'm not so good with it, but my partner is. I'll see what though once i see it tommorow....

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    man this sucks, i can't even see the video because i am on duty but when i get home tommorow i will check it out.....I have not seen it but, here some common things guys do that you can work on.........
    Don't blink, yes keep your chin down but don't try to rest it i've seen people try to have a turtle neck and that just slows you down, don't plant your feet alot, only do that when you are going to do a powerful as punch, it is all pivoting and generating momentum from the your lower body, jabs are your bread and butter man, god knows how many guys get schooled with just jabbing, that can stop a man before i fight even starts........work on that jab, i can go on with alot.......but to me a jab is key, move with it get low and mix it up, and the most important i think is ring generalship.....
    man if you can control a ring. I'm not so good with it, but my partner is. I'll see what though once i see it tommorow....
    haha ok its nothing too impressive

teal

i don't know about the shoulders thing, i'll tell you what, if you were to pay attention to my shoulders it would be to late........as it would be with anyone who knows how to punch..........personally i look right at the face and their gloves, some people position their hands look at how their gloves are positioned, better to look at the gloves. I really just kind of zone out and it comes natural, learn how to slip those punches. I'm pretty unconventional, i like angles alot.....I have not boxed in almost two years, but i should be starting again soon, i was thinking this week, i am wanting to join a gym by my house because now i have time again...........no more deployments for me

NBM
    98 trans am

dang i wish you lived closer so you could train me

teal

I have alot to learn though, but i am decent.........all it takes to get good is someone who beats your ass all the time, that is how i got on the train, i used to blink and look down, stand straight and lift my elbows up........talk about wating for a punishment. Boxing is fun though.

NBM
    98 trans am

i agree, very fun
    im eating peanut butter and bananas muahahah

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

do watching his shoulders predict what hes doing?
    yes... it also keeps you from telescoping... i like sparing with people who telescope cause they think i'm like bruce lee cause i block 99% of thier punches/kicks...

arctic white
    97 firebird

hey man dont feel bad when i was 16 i boxed a 19 year old and poped him in the nose and he said he was done after i got a good left hook and i thought it would start bleeding but it started running and he just threw up for about 2 minutes haha idk if he was tired or i hit him pretty good but its pretty common

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    i don't know about the shoulders thing, i'll tell you what, if you were to pay attention to my shoulders it would be to late........as it would be with anyone who knows how to punch..........personally i look right at the face and their gloves, some people position their hands look at how their gloves are positioned, better to look at the gloves. I really just kind of zone out and it comes natural, learn how to slip those punches. I'm pretty unconventional, i like angles alot.....I have not boxed in almost two years, but i should be starting again soon, i was thinking this week, i am wanting to join a gym by my house because now i have time again...........no more deployments for me
    maybe in boxing but very wrong on the street and martial arts... i can't imagine it would be right for boxing either... in order for your shoulders not to move at all you'd be square facing them... now your a big ol target... i'd rather make my self as small as i can... you shoulders always move with a swing... that is how you distribute effortless power...

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yes... it also keeps you from telescoping... i like sparing with people who telescope cause they think i'm like bruce lee cause i block 99% of thier punches/kicks...
    whats telescoping?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

whats telescoping?
    it's when your eyes look to the place your going to punch or kick... if you see some ones eyes move to the right they are more than likely going to throw there next punch/kick there...

NBM
    98 trans am

oh ok

teal

i just looked at it right now dude, your left hook has some potential....i like it.
    The two big things i saw was you looking down, that dude if he knew what he was doing could have given you a devastating uppercut.
    Like i said earlier learn to slip those punches man, bending your back is bad juju......you make it easy for the guy to knock you down or completley ravage your torso......that is a very bad thing to do............also if you want to duck don't bend forward........bend your knees..............and like someone said earlier dude, your stamina was taking a rain check.......doing some good ole calisthenics and possibly plyometrics (medcine ball) will help you out......hell buy a heavy bag man..........i'll look at again but i need to sleep......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information