Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If the parts have a exempt code from the C.A.R.B. then they're not illegal. http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 04-05-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added link

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    If the parts have a exempt code from the C.A.R.B. then they're not illegal. http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
    I know people that had intakes that had the stamp on it and still got a ticket cop said smog legal or not its not stock and is still a modification.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    I know people that had intakes that had the stamp on it and still got a ticket cop said smog legal or not its not stock and is still a modification.
    yeah, just because it is smog legal its not street legal.. .its bs but i have always known that... you can pass inspection with a air intake, but you are not street legal unless you have the factory air box still attatched... can not relocate it

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    yeah, just because it is smog legal its not street legal.. .its bs but i have always known that... you can pass inspection with a air intake, but you are not street legal unless you have the factory air box still attatched... can not relocate it
    Yeah it's all bs my friend went to texas for basic training he told me their version of smog I thought he was bsing. I think I'm going to buy a house out there and stay here for awhile (I can make more here and houses are cheaper there). then move when I finally become a cop and can transfer.

Silver

Yeah it's all bs my friend went to texas for basic training he told me their version of smog I thought he was bsing. I think I'm going to buy a house out there and stay here for awhile (I can make more here and houses are cheaper there). then move when I finally become a cop and can transfer.
    yeah smog is fun out here... quick visual, plug you to the computer... no sniffer... you are done... a few cities are stricter but not many

silver
    98 ss camaro

yeah smog is fun out here... quick visual, plug you to the computer... no sniffer... you are done... a few cities are stricter but not many
    Yeah lot of open roads there warm weather, cheaper/nicer houses I'm down if verizon would pay me as much there as here I'm there in a heart beat lol. Have any of you heard about the cross country drive I'm trying to get going?

Silver

Yeah lot of open roads there warm weather, cheaper/nicer houses I'm down if verizon would pay me as much there as here I'm there in a heart beat lol. Have any of you heard about the cross country drive I'm trying to get going?
    no...

silver
    98 ss camaro

no...
    Long story short theres a major event in indy on sep 19-21 and some people where saying we should do a nationwide drive so I'm trying to run them both into one already got it going pretty good. I have thread going on this. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...3&goto=newpost (idea was originally to honor the new camaro but it just sounds like fun to me so whatever your reason its.) So we'd drive cross country stop at indy for this event the new camaro is hinted to actually be there it unveils a week before in detroit and gm's head executives are going to be at this 1+1=2. So we'll stop there and continue the ride to the other coast I'm in so we're going to start this from west and go to east. Route is still not set in stone waiting to see what everyone thinks had some suggestions of taking 40 to route 66 for some cool sites and old school dinners and places but not yet sure. Email me at slpgod01@hotmail.com I'm setting up a email list to keep everyone updated and email any ideas that you have. I've also contacted discovery channel to see if they want to cover it, and I always use chevron always worked best for me car seems to eat through shell and 76 so i'm trying to contact chevron and see if we can get so type of sponsorship or discount for gas the bigger we get this thing to better off it will be.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

god bless Texas.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Damn...I didn't know that. If they're concerned about too much power you'd think there would be a limit on hp from the factory...that would be my argument with them if I was pulled over. You have brand new cars with 500+hp out of the box and they're worried about a fuckin lid. With a half way decent lawyer none of those tickets will fly in court..

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Damn...I didn't know that. If they're concerned about too much power you'd think there would be a limit on hp from the factory...that would be my argument with them if I was pulled over. You have brand new cars with 500+hp out of the box and they're worried about a fucking lid. With a half way decent lawyer none of those tickets will fly in court..
    Yeah but they don't give a fuck because they know most will just pay the ticket. That's just like all these photo radar tickets you get in the mail. You don't have to pay shit!!! They have NO way of proving you received it to pay it. Being that they are sent regular post you can just say you NEVER received squat. I have gotten a few and many of my friends have also with NONE paid and NO repercussion. Shit they made over a MILLION $ last year from 2 camera's......... Free money. NO ONE NEEDED TO PAY ANY OF THOSE TICKETS!
    Until they spend the money to send them out via carrier or singed mail they can't enforce that ticket weather your pic is on it or not.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah but they don't give a fuck because they know most will just pay the ticket. That's just like all these photo radar tickets you get in the mail. You don't have to pay shit!!! They have NO way of proving you received it to pay it. Being that they are sent regular post you can just say you NEVER received squat. I have gotten a few and many of my friends have also with NONE paid and NO repercussion. Shit they made over a MILLION $ last year from 2 camera's......... Free money. NO ONE NEEDED TO PAY ANY OF THOSE TICKETS!
    Until they spend the money to send them out via carrier or singed mail they can't enforce that ticket weather your pic is on it or not.
    true if you never signed a copy like you do when they give you a ticket in person. SO what they have speed radar cameras or are you talking about red light cameras.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

true if you never signed a copy like you do when they give you a ticket in person. SO what they have speed radar cameras or are you talking about red light cameras.
    BOTH!!

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Since freer flowing exhaust and intake contibute to better fuel economy and the resulting less emissions, as long as the cats are intact, they should be giving you a tax break for helping keep the air clean.

Heck my 383 stroiker can get 29-31mpg on the highway.

The cats are a federal thing. If a Federal Marshal looked underneath there would likely be no mercy.

That all said, officers of the law going out of their way to hassle car enthusiasts is just not right.

The last time I got pulled over I was at a gas station. The officer wanted me to open the hood and then he proceeded to tell me all about Camaros and hot rodding. He then told me to feel free to ride through his town any time I wanted as he liked the car. I'm glad I do not like in California.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Red
    1991 Camaro Z28

If cops are giving you tickets for smog-legal parts then they are just ignorant of the law and want to harrass you. My car is wildly modified and I have no trouble passing the emissions test.

Now, about the original article, from what I understand there were lots of kids there littering, doing burnouts in the parking lot, harassing the customers, etc. The owners of the complex called the cops to take care of those problems.
    1991 Camaro Z28
    350 L98 w/ T56
    12.80 @ 108.50 (1.92 60')
    355 RWHP & 360 RWTQ
    Work: Manley Performance Products

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin91Z View Post
    If cops are giving you tickets for smog-legal parts then they are just ignorant of the law and want to harrass you. My car is wildly modified and I have no trouble passing the emissions test.

Now, about the original article, from what I understand there were lots of kids there littering, doing burnouts in the parking lot, harassing the customers, etc. The owners of the complex called the cops to take care of those problems.
    see thats another story if thats the case but yeah the cops are just harassing people and I dont know if they can give your a ticket if it is smog legal but they are doing it anyone know what the actual laws are about popping the hood i've heard many that you can say no and you don't have to? I plan on doing this next time when my gf's not in the car i dont want them to try to fuck with her.

black
    1999 camaro z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin91Z View Post

I tend to agree. All of the sheriffs in my neck of the woods drive modified F-bodies, so I think the story in the article probably forgot to include the part about them racers being a nuisance. I know I have seen many people do some stupid shit and ask myself, "man where are the cops when you need them..."

In this case, they got what they deserved if they were being a nuisance.

I'm pretty sure they were a bunch of ricers having "Fast and Furious" flash-backs.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Even easier here in MD. No visual. As gay as MD is in some aspects it beats the hell out of Cali.

black
    1999 prelude

Hell in oklahoma I have a few friends with mildly fixed up cars and cops down here dont fuck with you...

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by John_stout View Post
    Hell in oklahoma I have a few friends with mildly fixed up cars and cops down here dont fuck with you...
    its true... my friend has a farm up there... all he does is get a farm inspection sticker on it...send it to you in the mail and you cant go further than 250 miles away fromthe farm... but they dont care they are cheap too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information