02 z28

ditto

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

+3

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

wesman has been banned from the thread.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

batta bing, batta boom............your outta hheerreeeeee
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 m6
    SLP LoudMonth, SLP CAI, SLP MAF, Hotchkis SFC
    12.76 @109 1.96-60ft

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

man wesman is awesome why do you guys gang up on him?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

maybe because insulting people isn't allowed??? i've said it numerous times, do not attack the person. poking some fun at their car is ok. so long as it's in fun and not meant to be demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Always something positive to contribute.

Just STFU retard, nobody wants to skim through your worthless posts
    one of my friends has a tt supra '94, I ran him like a month ago, me being at 368rwhp, he claims 390rwhp.. all he did to the stock, a better catback, a new boos controller kit with aftercooler, just a few bolts on..and ran on race gas and whooped me by 3 cars 30 roll to 110ish. I do plan on revenge after a cam install soon.
    but yeah, he wants to get a single turbo setup instead of the tt since single is more efficient most of the times, and he'll boost that to get 550-600rwhp.
    I plan to counter his mods with AFR head and cam, and a procharger.. it will put me right in that range...

Stay tuned...literally

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You are the one with the Username that says "king of n00bs" below it.

If you like imports so much go to a different site, this site isn't about imports or how great some of you think they are, take it somewhere else.

Everyone ignore shady milkman...he's on drugs.

No its not. But the kill story was posted about a Supra. You really need to do a little more research on the stock I6 2JZ motor. IF you really have seen one blow with only 600 HP then the guy did something wrong or the car was not tuned or set up right. I know a few guys in the Mississippi and South Florida areas with crazy Supra's all North of 600 HP and been there for a long long time on the stock internals. If you are really curious, go over to the Supra forums and you will see for youreself. That is one import that just about every domestic guy respects! I have owned 3 fbodies and am on my second Corvette so I am GM through and through, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Heck, look at some of the posts on here! Guys are saying that they would own a Supra if they could afford it!!

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Yeah, those N/A Supras are junk. Its because they have a terrible comp ratio. Those motors are made for boost. But they can be built to kill anything out there.
    I raced one a few years ago in my other 94 Z. I was bone stock down to the filter. I don't know what he had, except for some stickers, but we were even til 60, then I let off because I didn't know if there were any cops behind us.
    The turbo and non turbo have different motors.........

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    all he did to the stock, a better catback, a new boos controller kit with aftercooler,...
    Gotta get me one of those "boos" controller kit's. Could come in handy one day, especially after a couple of Budweiser's...

As for those three car lengths, sounds more like a driver issue, than a cam one. Although he's making a tad more power to the wheels than you are, at those speeds (assuming your in the right gear at the start, of course), he shouldn't of been that much ahead of you once 110-mph was realized....

hhehhe, boost yah, booze it up

he's M6 mate.. so loses 15%, I am A4 lossing 18-20% from crank power.. oops... I drive it like a stole it, so does he, so no driver issue, his tq and rwhp is better... and he's M6, much better from a roll to race, if it was from a dig we may be side by side...

he's M6 mate.. so loses 15%, I am A4 lossing 18-20% from crank power...
    Not too much of an issue when your running on street tires. Also, you didn't mention anything about a stall speed, so in my opinion, that's where your problem is, and not the cam...

I drive it like a stole it, so does he, so no driver issue, his tq and rwhp is better... and he's M6, much better from a roll to race, if it was from a dig we may be side by side...
    M6's are not better from a roll when racing an auto with a stall at those particular speeds (again though, no mention of a stall on your part, so I'm assuming your not running one). Also, his rear wheel torque might have a better peak, but what does it average (got a dyno sheet)? What cam are you running to make the power that you do? Before I installed my 224/228 @ 110, I ran low twelves with the stock cam, with the same supporting mods in my sig....

In my opinion, yes, it's definitely a driver issue. Driving it like you stole it doesn't mean one is a good driver. Shift points, and stall is what counts when running an A4, not dyno numbers. What does his Supra trap? What does it run in the 1/4? Too many variables to blame the cam. With the power your making (running a stall), and if your a good driver, you should be, at the very least, grazing the 11's...

What does that Supra run...?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Not too much of an issue when your running on street tires. Also, you didn't mention anything about a stall speed, so in my opinion, that's where your problem is, and not the cam...

M6's are not better from a roll when racing an auto with a stall at those particular speeds (again though, no mention of a stall on your part, so I'm assuming your not running one). Also, his rear wheel torque might have a better peak, but what does it average (got a dyno sheet)? What cam are you running to make the power that you do? Before I installed my 224/228 @ 110, I ran low twelves with the stock cam, with the same supporting mods in my sig....

In my opinion, yes, it's definitely a driver issue. Driving it like you stole it doesn't mean one is a good driver. Shift points, and stall is what counts when running an A4, not dyno numbers. What does his Supra trap? What does it run in the 1/4? Too many variables to blame the cam. With the power your making (running a stall), and if your a good driver, you should be, at the very least, grazing the 11's...

What does that Supra run...?
    who said I have cam mod? go read the thread bud... I said I'll take a revenge when I will mod with a cam meaning i'll get 40rwhp gain minimum. or stall it, or slick tires etc.. pick one, there's many ways i can shave the 3-4 car difference... and yeah, no stall, so go figure, he droped his shit in 2nd and ate me at launch and I recouped at higher gear 3rd... so no drivers issue... i do have 15 yrs driving experience mate... let's not try to blame the driver for the fact that a M6, 30rwhp and much more torque whooped me by a few cars... he had the better car overall...

i do 12.6, he does 12.2-12.1 @ track... let's not forget he was on race gas, which added another 20rwhp at least to his turbo setup..

now, on the lighter side I did whoop a Supra don't know the year, I know 94-98 M6 TT, not long ago, driving back from the mall. I beat it by 2 cars not more than 2.5,, can't tell the distance too well when they are behind me, I can be pretty accurate when they are in front, but a win is a win. the race was from 40s roll to 125ish.. then I bailled out, freaking cops will hang you in TX. I think they made it a felony, or are very close to passing it as a felony to race...

Please don't imply that I'm some sort of spring chicken there, mate, as I've been racing for the last fifteen plus years myself. You claimed to have 368 rear wheel horsepower running an A4, so of course I'm going to assume your running a cam (you didn't embellish your mods in that thread that you wanted me to re-read, just your horsepower numbers, and a stock cammed '99 LS1 doesn't make that much power to the ground that your making, without some serious modding of course (again, which wasn't embellished upon)...

I'm not taking anything away from that Supra, as I already know that there very quick cars. But when your talking about a 368-RWHP car, up against a 390-RWHP car, dyno numbers become irrelevant. It's all about the driver, the gearing (stall, if auto), and weight. Once we get into power levels, we need to see some graphs, because a cam that averages 400 horsepower under the curve, will annihilate a cam that only peaks at 450, on the street...

not implying anything mate. my mods are in my sig .
    I think we're on the same page, like I said there's plenty of options to anihilate his supra by a mere bolt on like cam, stall, etc etc..... I would call it a drivers race when 2 cars have the same or very close rwhp, tq and same tranny, suspension mods.., both stalled or non etc... because if we mix and match then it's not linear comparison. that's all.
    yes, with the power I am making and a 3200 stall and a cam that matches the stall caliber I am in 11s easily. true. and also, I did not look down to you in any way, just reiterrated what my experience in the race was... again my mods are in the sig/profile...

I don't know this guy personally, but he does post on Supraforums.com
    STOCK engine(Stock head, Stock block with upgraded turbo and fuel system)
    and well into the 9's. Not too shabby for a little 3.0 I-6.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Supra's price's are insane when I was in middle school my dad got my brother from the auction it was a 93 TT paid 10,000 for it with 30 thousand miles we thought that was rediculous, boy he wishes he would of kept it. There was also a yellow RX-7 with 45,000 miles not long before the fast and the furious, it sold for 7 grand, try getting either one of those cars for that now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information