Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bolt on help

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Problem with me at least is that the longer you own a loud exhaust, the more you get used to the sound and before you know it, you're looking to make it more aggressive. )
    Or you are on the other side of the fence,,,,when you get older you start looking at ways to quiet it down

black
    2001 ws6 trans am

Based on my own personal experience of hearing both the LM1 and owning the LM2, I personally prefer the LM2 sound. Sounds more like muscle to me. Not obnoxious and a nice, deep tone cruising around.

Problem with me at least is that the longer you own a loud exhaust, the more you get used to the sound and before you know it, you're looking to make it more aggressive. Kind of like the power itch. It's never ending. This is why a lot of people go for the Magnaflow with an electric cut-out. Best of both worlds.

Like some others have said though, exhaust really is purely personal preference. What some love, others hate. You can always sell it if you don't like it
    Why do people use magnaflow with a cutout? Could I potentially run a LMII with an electrical cutout, cause I think that would be perfect.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yes, you could...but a cut-out with stock manifolds probably isn't going to sound the greatest. Now if you had headers that would be a different story. The added electric cut-out is not part of the exhaust kit. It allows your exhaust to escape through the cut-out prior to going through the exhaust so you would be running open headers (very loud). When you want to just run your normal exhaust you simple hit the button to close the cut-out.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Problem with me at least is that the longer you own a loud exhaust, the more you get used to the sound and before you know it, you're looking to make it more aggressive. )
    Or you are on the other side of the fence,,,,when you get older you start looking at ways to quiet it down
    I can see that happening. I grew out of car audio when I was in my late 20's only.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^lol you guys are old.

It'll never be too loud in the stereo or the exhaust for me.

Tho there is something to be said for a quieter, deep rumble backed up by ultra-quick acceleration.

A guy I work with has a Nissan GT-R. When he went to the drag strip, it ran 11.19 @ 119. No drama at the line, no pre-start burnout, and all quiet compared to the other cars, and pretty much kicked the race cars ass.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I moved on to home audio

I can see that happening. I grew out of car audio when I was in my late 20's only.
    Luckily, I was already too old for the car audio craze when that came about. Just a radio with a couple of 6x9's worked fine for me

I moved on to home audio
    Yup, I can dig home audio When you get old you never want to leave the house anymore so it works out good

Pewter
    '00 SS

Im into all audio. Dont wanna "beat the block down" but I still love a great sounding stereo in my vehicles. Hell, my Mom has a system in her truck.

And yes, I'm 29. So I think that counts for late twenties. Haha.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

black
    2001 ws6 trans am

Yes, you could...but a cut-out with stock manifolds probably isn't going to sound the greatest. Now if you had headers that would be a different story. The added electric cut-out is not part of the exhaust kit. It allows your exhaust to escape through the cut-out prior to going through the exhaust so you would be running open headers (very loud). When you want to just run your normal exhaust you simple hit the button to close the cut-out.
    So only get cutouts if im going to change to Longtube headers? Otherwise itl sounds like crap?

Thread Information