Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    I saw my first trans am when I was 16. It was silver, and driving up the road towards a neighbor's house. I remember the nostrils, and the sound, and I instantly fell in love. I got my first ws6 when I was 17, and loved the car from the first second. When I first took it for a test drive, I knew it was a monster. I got it with less than 20k on the motor. When i sold it with over 145,000, I regretted selling it. It had its problems, but it was still strong, and looked better than the first day I got it. After 3 years I wanted another one bad. The one I got had been run into the ground, and had its problems, but they're fixed now, and the car is good as new. On another note, these cars aren't for just anyone. These cars are for a real sports car entheusiast. You cant call urself a true motor head until youve owned one of these. Until you've shed all the blood and skin that goes into modding the cars. Sure they have their annoying problems. The studdering, the leaking, the electrical gremlins, the sticky clutches, but when they're running at 100%, its not driving a car, its driving a work of art. The way everything works together, shifts smooth, the roar behind you from the exhaust, I truely believe that these are the best cars to drive on the road, and the most fun. They're a drivers car. Period.
    +1,000,000 a driver car indeed
    and with the Trans am's from the Smokey and the bandit era with the 455 in them are one one of the most well put together cars from the factory in the use idf only corvettes were built with all sheet metal and a back seat then they wouldent need a trans am has any one noticed with you look at a trans am from about 500-1000 feet away how it looks like a prototype corvette ? ( i was mountan climbing one day and i was 1000 feet about a mountan and i was like wow is that my Muscle car its spoiler looked integrated and i couldent help but to drool and Thank God for Letting me accomplish my Goal and building a Trans am from scratch and being able to drive it on the street at that ,
    Trans' ams are not for the faint of heart and Truly the Hardcore Driver Car

Truly,
    Warren Jones

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Click for full size
    saw Smokey and the bandit in 77 was 11 years old and loved them from then on ...
    X2 except I was 10 in '77

My first Pontiac was an '89 Formula which got wrecked and was replaced with an '89 Formula 350. Sold the 350 in '92 and hadn't a performance car until this spring when I got great deal on an '01 WS6 M6. I love driving it and looks awesome just sitting in the garage!
    Last edited by JF01WS6; 12-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Snaggletooth, I had the same year but it was chocolate brown with pinstripes with little bitty feet as the pinstripers trademark. I can't remember his name but he was very good.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

my first trans am was a 75 .. it looked like this

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

First 1989 Firebird Formula WS6 (got wrecked)

Second 1989 Firebird Formula 350 WS6(Replaced wrecked above)

Current 2001 Firebird Trans Am WS6 M6

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I don't own a T/A but I'm sure those that do own only bought because they were unable to get an SS...lol.
    Started looking for an ss but when I saw the TA with a kick ass interior I fell in love with it.The interior of the Camaro is lacking compared to the TA the Camaro's down here are also a dime a dozen as for the trans am there's a bout 4 of them 2 black ones a white and a red

Don't get me wrong I would buy an SS in a hearth beat but the TA just has an edge that I just can't explain. I drive the car sitting in it I guess so the nicer seats more confortable for me anyway and the round vents etc... Plus it pulls the 1/4 at 105mph at 13.5 bone stock what a feeling....And as you will see I in a place in my life where I could afford a toy for Sunday driving. Little problem my Durango ussually doesn't move much when the car is not in storage even with the hemi
    Last edited by Durango; 12-06-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    ^^^^^^
    The same for me word for word
    SAME FOR ME 2

Black

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    i wish my family bought me a new camaro or something of the like when i graduated:headdown kickdirt: i bought my t/a as a grad gift to myself since my dad, who is loaded, wouldnt get me anything
    Good for you man I was in the same boat you will thank him later. Lert me guess nobody gave him anything for free so why should he lol

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I have loved Trans Am's since I was a kid. My first car was a 78 black TA. I got my current 99 by claiming it would be a work car. Well it is kind of. I work on it, thats like driving it to and from work.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I wanted a T/A after my brother-in-law took me for a ride in his 99 black on black T/A for some white-knuckle driving. Then he sold it to some guy for his wife to drive A year later I'm looking through the Thrifty Nickel and wat do I see for sale at the Ford stealership OMG its a 99 black on black T/A. So me and the brother-in-law go take a look and come to find out its the one my brother-in-law sold with only 2500 more miles on it, a new ws6 hood, SLP intake and exhaust, full lowering kit and 18" Foose Nitrous wheels. I bought it 2 weeks later after they installed a new window motor.
    Last edited by HOBS; 12-06-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Black
    99 Formula

I tried to buy a new Z28 cause they were cheaper and the dealer wouldn't sell it to me. Driving home I literally swerved into the Pontiac dealer as I almost past buy thinking Oh yeah, a TA. Drove home with my new Formi. I truly love this car.

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

well ever since my uncle bought his 96 LT1, i was about 5 when he bought it, and i rode in it i actually fell in love with the birds, as i grew older i saw all my friends drool over mustangs, and the typical civics and ricers, but not me i was an oddball i likes the trans am, the f-body, the bird, i love all generations of the trans am,i allwasy whent to the track and saw birds doing wheelies, and birds burning out, birds soaring out of the starting line and fly over the finish, damn, ever since i got my first job working at a body shop i started to raise money for my bird, i still didnt find one but i know i would so i just saved, i whent through 4 jobs the body shop,hobby lobby,at a near mall, and finally at the petstore i work at now, and then one day cruisin around on my pops tahoe i was driving by a near by dearlship, a ford dealership it was, i allwasy took that path since then, there she was, delilah, 2002 artic white trans am, damn i fell in love..
    then one day i decided to get of and take her for a spin, i finally drove my first ls1 wow what power at WOT, i told my dad i wanted it he said you sure im not paying for Sh** its your money, i said yes really, so he whent with me to co sign, and i came out with the brightest smile drove of in my TA, and well now she has me ind debt but hey its worth it my dream became true.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

See the "Official Show Your Birds thread" that is stickied up top of this forum.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

always thought F bodies were girl cars as a kid. tried to get a GTO for the longest time but couldnt afford one. driving down the highway saw a silver blur with 4 nostril looking things. stopped buy looked at it did a walk around said how this was EXACTLY the car i wanted now. about the time i was speaking out loud how i loved the car...the salesmen came up and thought it was going to be an easy sale.....then i saw it was an auto and flipped out callin it a piece of shit didnt want it tried to walk away and he kept saying "we can make this work!" i said nothing you say can make me want this car.
    then he said the how about we take some of the price off. 17.9K went to 12.9K and then too 10.2K ..2 years later its a beast runnin 12.1's on nitto 555's lol
    i love my car it makes me happy

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    always thought F bodies were girl cars as a kid. tried to get a GTO for the longest time but couldnt afford one. driving down the highway saw a silver blur with 4 nostril looking things. stopped buy looked at it did a walk around said how this was EXACTLY the car i wanted now. about the time i was speaking out loud how i loved the car...the salesmen came up and thought it was going to be an easy sale.....then i saw it was an auto and flipped out callin it a piece of shit didnt want it tried to walk away and he kept saying "we can make this work!" i said nothing you say can make me want this car.
    then he said the how about we take some of the price off. 17.9K went to 12.9K and then too 10.2K ..2 years later its a beast runnin 12.1's on nitto 555's lol
    i love my car it makes me happy
    i like that one

Red

These are incredible cars. Even though I have had multiple problems with my headlight actuator motors, rear end issues, electrical no start issues, leaky t-tops, ..... I still love my car. The style and shape of the car is still, in my book, incredible and state of the art from the aesthetic perspective, and I think very powerful from a horsepower perspective....I've heard them called "factory race cars", and I must agree wholeheartedly. I've never driven anything like the 4th gen T/A....I'm 52 years young, and plan on driving this car til Jesus comes back....Long live T/A's!!!

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

First car I ever got laid in was a black '97 T/A that my first girlfriend's daddy bought her for her 15th birthday when she got her permit.

Fell in love with the car more than the girl.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

I think some people are just born to like certain cars. My dad grew up loving mustangs and spent his life rebuilding them. For as long as I could remember I always loved the old 70's firebird body styles and dreamed of having my own. When I finally got a job and could afford it, I wanted to buy one, but went with an '01 because I needed a more reliable daily driver, and not a project car. Didnt really know much about the last generation f-bodies until I bought it, now I love it. Im saving up now to eventually have both generations in my garage

Red

I had a buddy in highschool who's dad was rich, and bought him a brand new red '73 TransAm with the machined dash and radial tuned suspension. Man, that thing would corner on a dime. I was not nearly as rich, and thought, I sure would like to own one of those someday, so, when I got a good job, I purchased a '77 T/A 6.6 and was in heaven. Handled like it was on rails, smooth ride, and get up and go. I put 242 gears in the rear and the topend was incredible. The 6.6 had bunches of torque and it showed up in the higher speeds...sweet rides, that generation. Tell ya this, it would be hard to choose between 2nd gen and 4th gen sitting side by side, paid off......

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Click for full size
    saw Smokey and the bandit in 77 was 11 years old and loved them from then on ...
    see above
    + 1 same here, funny it's the same yr I began hating Mustangs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information