Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    are you putting any go fast stuff on? now would be a good time for stuff like the oil pump and long tubes. also what rod bolts are you putting in it may as well fix the week point and put arp bolts in. and if you can a oil pan baffle.
    Read the first post, I put everything up that I'm doing to it

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post

reminder to self; i still need to get an oil pick up, oil psi snsr, valley gasket, valve seals and i think that's it.........
    get an adjustable pushrod lenght checker specially since you milled a good bit off the heads.
    ordered mine for $11.99

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Looks like you got a lot more work done S. Looks like it is coming together nicely.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

sorry i missed the oil pump just making sure you get it all now

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

didn't do much tonight ... honed the block, cleaned up my heads, put new valve seals on (my teacher got them for me, how nice!), ported my oil pump and took measurements

tomorrow the block will be finished, the heads assembled, crank polished, bearings installed and crank/cam installed. i MAY have the engine finished and put back together by thursday and hopefully *fingers crossed* have my new clutch installed, engine installed monday then dynoed tuesday/wednesday

all this hard work will pay off in a month of resting after this is complete /

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Last night finished the block assembly. Kind of at a stand still now for a flywheel ... waiting to hear back from KYSpeed to see if I can get one shipped today for delivery Monday I still need that stupid sensor everyone told me not to break off, an elbow line and to double check that all my gaskets are there. Now the stress starts... although still on track to be dynoed by next Thursday

Tonight I will be assembling the heads, degreeing the cam and starting to install everything

Picking up my injectors Tuesday, now I just need headers and an ORY to be set until I order a rear end

Now taking applications for a sugar daddy!
    Just kidding

blue
    1998 camaro z28

my right hand is all sorts of torn up, three of my knuckles are busted, my pinky joint is torn up and all sorts of cuts. i had to clean it out with peroxide to get all the oily grime out, yuck. but it's a labor of and 400% worth it!
    eh i lil oil and octane in the blood stream never killed anybody or wait maybe it just never killed me? nice build tho btw!

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz98 View Post
    eh i lil oil and octane in the blood stream never killed anybody or wait maybe it just never killed me? nice build tho btw!
    i cleaned em up with alcohol. ooooo the burn. i got chewed up by the crank and rings last night for sure. and only in between my fingers yuck. but gotta do the alcohol to get the crap out of the cuts!

& thank you!

blue
    1998 camaro z28

i cleaned em up with alcohol. ooooo the burn. i got chewed up by the crank and rings last night for sure. and only in between my fingers yuck. but gotta do the alcohol to get the crap out of the cuts!

& thank you!
    hahaha damn i never got that torn up doing rebuilds well lately the first few just left so many scars and shit that its to thick to get cut agian. but i spose i didnt car to clean mine out like you cause i dont need pretty hands lol

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i didn't see any mentions of long tubes ? you arent going to run that engine with stock manifolds are you ?

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz98 View Post
    hahaha damn i never got that torn up doing rebuilds well lately the first few just left so many scars and shit that its to thick to get cut agian. but i spose i didnt car to clean mine out like you cause i dont need pretty hands lol
    mine is spotless now im not too worried about the cuts and scarring or anything. they just sting bc i work at a computer all day and they feel funny on the keys

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i didn't see any mentions of long tubes ? you arent going to run that engine with stock manifolds are you ?
    dont have any yet. i'm looking. the car won't be driven until at least february so i will be getting some shortly after im driving again.

i have to sell my heads, intake/rail, two sets of injectors and all that jazz before i can get headers and an ORY but i have someone interested so hopefully they'll follow thru
    Last edited by tep98ws6; 12-10-2009 at 08:28 AM.

hugger orange

double check your crank trigger rings to be sure they are gapped right and not nicked or damaged in any way before you go too far!

cleaned my heads up last night I'm lapping valves putting the heads back together and dropping the cam and oil pump in tonight!

keep your fingers crossed that my PTV is good and I don't have to flycut the pistons!

NBM
    2002 Camaro

You upgrading the injectors too?

If so, it might not be a bad idea to get the car running on the factory injectors and then swap in the upgraded ones after it is broken in.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    You upgrading the injectors too?

If so, it might not be a bad idea to get the car running on the factory injectors and then swap in the upgraded ones after it is broken in.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

dont have any yet. i'm looking. the car won't be driven until at least february so i will be getting some shortly after im driving again.

i have to sell my heads, intake/rail, two sets of injectors and all that jazz before i can get headers and an ORY but i have someone interested so hopefully they'll follow thru
    ahhhhh ok...sucks you dont have the LTs now..to put them on..save you a ton of time

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ahhhhh ok...sucks you dont have the LTs now..to put them on..save you a ton of time
    i know right! i'm pulling some strings to see if BF will get them for me haha
    either way if i can't do them right away, i do have access to a lift at school so it shouldn't take too terribly long

Black
    2002 SS camaro

this car is goingto be pertty sick, after you you get it going aging post a vid of it, i want to hear it run

blue
    1998 camaro z28

mine is spotless now im not too worried about the cuts and scarring or anything. they just sting bc i work at a computer all day and they feel funny on the keys
    lol sadly all the shit i said i manged to get two perfect circle cuts on my thumbs today its really weird dont know how and there are so perfect its like i stuck them in a hole punch but all i did is swap a battery and lossen a belt then tune wtf damn 4cyl cars sneaky bastards

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    this car is goingto be pertty sick, after you you get it going aging post a vid of it, i want to hear it run
    I should have some video by next Friday

I am excited.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information