Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullshit Man!!!

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

i think the Steve Miller Band said it best when he said.....

GO ON, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN! !

18x12 Classics w/335's and room for 345's

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird Phoenix View Post
    Contact the BBB and the local news station to raise hell.

This is exactly why I would rather give painting my own car a try (granted yours was wrecked) than deal with bs like this. Sucks man.
    Filed that complaint on 5/15 But after that, the shop called me and found shady biz

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Can I be the dikhead here and say why the fck didn't you pull the car out of that shop the first 5 times you had a chance in Dec Jan Feb Mar and Mar when you showed up and he did no work??? You treated this guy like he was your friend instead of your buddies by 1. Telling him to take his time because you didn't need the car BS NEVER tell anybody to "take your time" because you know what? THEY WILL! 2. you paid him $3000 up front full payment??? What??Why? When does that ever happen?
    Dude I don't mean to be a dick, but seriously you set yourself up here for failure several times. You should have pulled your ride months ago instead of letting it get to this point. Yes I fully understand NO shop should work like this and yes I know this guy is a jerkoff for sure, but c'mon you gave him every opp to be one. GL in the future

RED
    2002 FORMULA

I think most states it is a crime to write a bad check, people go to jail for that. Go to the magistrat and file a warrent. Funny how people find money when the police get involved. I had a guy write me a bad check for 167.00, judge tore him a new one. If you touch the guy just sign your car over to him, he will own everything you have.

White

Angry

The shop called me early 5/15 cuz they found some shady biz. They took pics of the whole thing both when it arrived and during the tear-down and assessment. Some things I knew about on sight and some were explained:

Here is a pic of the rear bumper CETA mod. I ran my hand along the paint soon after it dried and noticed the lumps in the paint (gotta look close). There are multiple spots like this.

In the next pics...I noticed all the crap that was spread across the entire rear end of my car. At first, I thought it was bird crap or something like that, but I found out that it was actually paint!!! I was told that if it can't be buffed out, then it HAS to be repainted...even the tail lamp has this crap on it!!

If you notice in the previous pics in the earlier post you can see the outer fenders already on the car, but this is what the the new shop found after removal for more assessments. The right inner fender was still bent and the left....YIKES!! Before they cut open the inner fender I was told that it was still bent and folded. It would have been easier for the old shop to just buy a new one.

Last edited by Mieux97; 05-17-2009 at 10:33 AM.

White

Angry

The right side of this frame, while still partially bent, looks FAR better than the left. It's badly in need of work and the old shop claimed that this frame IS str8 The frame holes were slotted so as to "fit" any parts that would be attached i the future. You can also see the spot welding on the radiator retainer(?) but more on that to come.

Lastly....so far to date....the radiator retainer. This is pitiful at best!! In looking over this, I was told that the old shop not only did a poor job on the paint here (overspray on blk container that should have been covered and paint coming off top of retainer), but the welding was very shitty in that he had a bunch of spot welds and clump welds everywhere. The old shop also welded this thing in about 2" back from where it should be, and still maintains til this moment that he is entitled to keep the rest of the $2000 for parts and labor.....!! He's about to get raped w/o the lube!!!

The new shop offered the owner at the old shop the chance to come in to his shop and they could go over ALL the details face to face, but the owner refused (no secret as to why).
    Last edited by Mieux97; 05-17-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Additions.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Shit man, that really sucks.

I hope you can her back to normal with no more headaches after this.

White

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Can I be the dikhead here and say why the fck didn't you pull the car out of that shop the first 5 times you had a chance in Dec Jan Feb Mar and Mar when you showed up and he did no work??? You treated this guy like he was your friend instead of your buddies by 1. Telling him to take his time because you didn't need the car BS NEVER tell anybody to "take your time" because you know what? THEY WILL! 2. you paid him $3000 up front full payment??? What??Why? When does that ever happen?
    Dude I don't mean to be a dick, but seriously you set yourself up here for failure several times. You should have pulled your ride months ago instead of letting it get to this point. Yes I fully understand NO shop should work like this and yes I know this guy is a jerkoff for sure, but c'mon you gave him every opp to be one. GL in the future
    It's all good, I don't see you as being a dick, but just givin critical feedback and that's fine. My bad...the $3000 wasn't all paid up front, but 2 separate payments. I was not driving the car Nov-Feb anyway (Chicago winters are not kind) and fig that it was just a diff way of storage (cuz I don't have a garage). Had the car been finished on time and properly, then the time would not have been an issue, but, in hindsight, it didn't quite work that way and I am glad that it's elsewhere now.
    Last edited by Mieux97; 06-10-2009 at 12:43 PM.

White

Quote Originally Posted by rideon1200 View Post
    I think most states it is a crime to write a bad check, people go to jail for that. Go to the magistrat and file a warrent. Funny how people find money when the police get involved. I had a guy write me a bad check for 167.00, judge tore him a new one. If you touch the guy just sign your car over to him, he will own everything you have.
    No way in hell would I hit that dude...that aint worth my job. The bank says that the check won't clear til as late as 5/19. I am gonna cash the check b4 going to the court so he don't try to cancel the check after finding out he gettin sued.

NBM
    99 TA

what a mess, i'd be lookin for a new car if that was me, and that mess that used to be a car would have mysteriously burned down along with that first body shop.

White

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    what a mess, i'd be lookin for a new car if that was me, and that mess that used to be a car would have mysteriously burned down along with that first body shop.

Ya know...i wish i could!!

White

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Shit man, that really sucks.

I hope you can her back to normal with no more headaches after this.
    she will be back to normal by week's end

RED
    2002 FORMULA

Well, you can't get more then you paid. I have a feeling once he gets served, he will call you to pay the rest of the money back. He is just hoping you will forget. Proably does have that much tied into it. People dont work for free and parts arent that cheap. He should have just done the work. Cheap price usually means cheap job.

White

Well, you can't get more then you paid. I have a feeling once he gets served, he will call you to pay the rest of the money back. He is just hoping you will forget. Proably does have that much tied into it. People dont work for free and parts arent that cheap. He should have just done the work. Cheap price usually means cheap job.
    I am hoping to get what I paid plus court costs.

White

Well...tho he kept $2000 I put in that I was suing for $2200 to cover the court and tow fees. We go to court on Jun 18. Hopefully he wont show up cuz it will be an easier win.

White

The latest on the bird:

These are pics taken days ago. The car was started for the first time on Jun 4, but wiring issues delayed the completion (needed solenoid, which GM took forever getting it to the shop...almost 10 days!!)

New inner fender

Bumper support installed after frame corrected

Welds being corrected
    Before

After

Shitty heat extractor job

Painted

Last edited by Mieux97; 06-10-2009 at 01:12 PM.

White

More shots of the car coming together

Radiator and pulley installed.

Under hood shots(old shop wanted extra $$$ to do this!!)

Last edited by Mieux97; 06-10-2009 at 01:12 PM.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

I learned the hard way. Never pay a contractor, mechanic or hooker up front. Pay after the job is done. He has your 3000.00, what does he gain for finishing the work. You paid him his profit. Also, would a reputable garage need money up front for parts.
    Well, in most cases I've had to pay for my parts order up front. I use my credit card in case the parts don't show I just dispute the charge. I just ordered a S/C for my car. On credit card, all up front and I'll pay the guy for his labor and profit after the car is done. But, the parts are mine no matter what.

Don't forget the auto shop has the security / ability to slap a lien on your car if they do the work or problem analysis. I still hate that law !!!

Looking forward to my new parts installed. Hopefully, by end of next week. ;-)

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I worked at a MAACO. Even on nicer cars they charged more on there were too many corners cut. Not to mention for most MAACO's they just hire too many unqualified people to prep the cars so it'll come out looking good and peels off a few months later.
    See there is the key. I did all my prep work on my truck and took it to MAACO. They have shot a bunch of my cars. I do the prep myself and just ask for good coverage with no drips. Once or twice I'll had to have them reshoot the car because the paint was thin on a lower panel.

It has been 15 years since I had MACCO shoot my truck. It has been outside since then. I just wax it evey six months.... sometimes I clay bar it. It's stood up to the test of time without too many touch ups. ;-)

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Wow, I just read all this thread. Sorry to see all the hassle you went thru Mecinoid! Let this be a lesson to people who read this, so they can learn. Glad to see you should have your car by the end of June, maybe before that. The first huge red flag was the guy saying he needed more than 1/3 up front money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information