Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 07 T/A Concept

flat black
    for whoever said that there was no green light for the camaro then why did GM release it at the Detroit auto show...im just asking im not tryin to start anything....but yea i think the bird concept looks sooo so much better than the camaro...the big 21/22" wheels need to go away though

white
    2002 ws6

well when i worked at chevy thats what they said and then of course i post and it comes out at the auto show...... ill just stop talking

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

1st pic is the shit!
    Two thumbs up and a boner!

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Wtf>>> Something Missing!!! What Could It Be???? What Is It@@@!!! Where Are The Goddamn T-tops At???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Blue/Green Chameleon
    95 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Wtf>>> Something Missing!!! What Could It Be???? What Is It@@@!!! Where Are The Goddamn T-tops At???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

check page 1 closer

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinLow89
    check page 1 closer

Talking about original photo, the black one, even the one you are referring to, the blue one, doesn't look like T-Tops, looks more like a Vette style removable 1 piece glass top.

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Here's a though. Get ride of the 2nd generation and add back in the 1st generation ram-air hood, hood mounted tack, and ironing board hood. That would belend in much better as the Camaro takes its lines from the first generation Camaro.

Don't get me wrong, the black rendering is real sweet. GM, want more CUSTOMERS??? Get the 20W-50 out of the eyes and ears for once.

Metallic Navy Blue
    1998 Trans Am

Hopefully when this new Camaro gets here it will be much more refined than they were. Thats one of the main compaints I always see in Magazines, "...cheesy plastic interior trim...", "...very costly insurance...", things of that nature. I realize we all love our F-Bodies but I can admit that our cars dont have the nicest quality interior parts, and although the purpose of them isnt really supposed to be refinement, I fully believe that its one big reason why Mustangs are still here and F-Bodies are on, lets say hiatus. The leather seats in newer Mustangs are gorgeous, I mean ike 94-02 Mustangs, havnt seen brand new ones yet. Im almost convined that my 'leather' seats in my 98 TA are fake leather. But anyways, the interior is just one thing, there are other areas too but the point is when I read the new Car & Driver, or the new Motor Trend, the only bad thing that any of the editors can can say about the new Camaro is "this is the car that should have been here years ago"

I wrote gm and sent the picture of the black TA they wrote me back but they pretty much said don't call us we'll call you. LOL......I think more people should forward the link or picture to them. I pretty much said cash in hand will take one is red.....how long to delivery!!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

NICE work on that concept art there FlyinLow, but I think you'd have to incorporate the RamAir hood considering like all the best T/A's have had! Sweet pix though!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

It has the hood that all the best T/As had . Too bad it wont have a Poncho motor too.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I think it looks too much like the camaro and need more features similar to the ls1 t/a's...
    Last edited by GottaHaveLS1; 02-07-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Transam

bad bird

it still looks bad ass i would by it

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    If Camaro is a sucess in 2008-2009 they will bring back the Firebird.
    Quote Originally Posted by _JB_
    I kinda agree with that. I think if the Firebird is to ever come back, the GTO will have to be gone first.
    Well there may be hope since they HAVE stated the GTO will cease production with the '06 year,

AND

Pontiac need something to compete with all the new muscle on the market

AND

I predict the Camaro will be HIGHLY successful!

Here's to HOPIN'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blunce
    Well there may be hope since they HAVE stated the GTO will cease production with the '06 year,

AND

Pontiac need something to compete with all the new muscle on the market

AND

I predict the Camaro will be HIGHLY successful!

Here's to HOPIN'!!!!
    Yeah, but I found out the GTO was only planned to run for three years anyways. So now, I bet the Camaro will come back, and how successfull it is will depend if the bird comes back or not.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Thats just a pic of the '07 camaro concept!

Quote Originally Posted by lrader99
    for whoever said that there was no green light for the camaro then why did GM release it at the Detroit auto show...im just asking im not tryin to start anything....but yea i think the bird concept looks sooo so much better than the camaro...the big 21/22" wheels need to go away though
    hell yeah on those damn wheels! This is American muscle, not Japanese crap.

I am for the blue one in 09 as a 40th ann

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I wouldnt worry to much about the 21' rimsthey are to exspensive for a regular production,

RED
    2000 WS6 TA

21's are doable. Chrysler is putting them on everything. The problem is, GM can't see past it's SUV market to care about anything else. The Camaro/Firebird continually out performed the mustang at every turn. Why then, couldn't GM sell any F-bodies while ford was sellling every mustang it could print? Poor management, poor marketing, poor vision. Dodge pickup trucks weren't even on the radar until they came out with that new "Kenworth Tractor" front end. They couldn't make enough of em then. People didn't care that they weren't any better than any other truck, they just looked cool. How do you explain the PT cruiser taking off the way it did? IT LOOKED COOL!!! Nobody cared that it was just a rebodied Neon. And speaking of Neons, what does one of those SRT turbos cost, 30K? No shortage of buyers for those. How many Challengers do you think chrysler will sell if they decide to go with em? GM just doesn't care. They consistanly give us souless garbage like the impala and monte carlo and then, when they have a decent idea like the GTO, botch it so completely that it drives me to fits just thinking of the potential. GTO's are nice performance cars, why aren't they more popular? CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE A GRAND F*&%ING PRIX!!! All that potential wrapped in BS plain brown wrapper. They tried to correct that with some cheesy boy racer add ons, but too little, too late. Such a wasted opportunity, I almost want to cry. God forbid the car guys and designers should be turned loose on something. AMERICANS DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS IF IT LOOKS COOL!!!! And another thing, Why can't I tell my $32,000.00 Z/28 from an $18,000.00 plain jane V6 car? Back in the day, you could tell an SS from an RS from a plain jane car. Those cars looked the part. With the newer camaros, you had to walk up to it to tell if it was a Z or a V6 car. Yeah, I'm gonna pay 30 large for that. Camaro's and Firebirds could be successful, GM just has no idea how to do it. Do you honestly believe that in the realm of 30 thousand dollar Hondas, Neons and Mitsubishi freekin Lancers GM couldn't build a nice hot selling pony car, especially in light of the success of the new Mustang? How many Chrysler 300s and magnums got sold last year? I don't think GM, with the current management, will ever be able to get it together and make anything but trucks, well, if history runs true anyways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information