Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Not a fan on 20s on our cars, but yours are sweet. I think they work so well because of the black w/chrome lip. I think black wheels with that chrome lip look great on black cars, and your car sure looks clean in those photos.

1999 Z28 A4

Nice... where did you get the nittos for that price?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Looks good. I have always thought that T/A's pull off the 20's better than Camaros. I think they would look rediculous on my car, but they look good on yours. I have a friend here in town who has 20" American Racing wheels on his WS6, doesn't look bad either.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by nmartin View Post
    Can't agree with you more blacking out my tail lights along with changing my center caps to match the L.O.B badge and embroid L.O.B headrest are the next cosmetic upgrades.
    noooooooooooooooooooooo the honeycomb lights are the best oem lights on a car period ...i cant believe people want to black them out ........especially black cars...black honeycomb with the red light! perfect..most people who black them out eventually go back to stock . i imho think you should run the oems ...

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    noooooooooooooooooooooo the honeycomb lights are the best oem lights on a car period ...i cant believe people want to black them out ........especially black cars...black honeycomb with the red light! perfect..most people who black them out eventually go back to stock . i imho think you should run the oems ...
    Thats what I needed to hear because I prefer the car keeps its stock look but the all black is growing on me I was looking at the example below. Well I will wait on that but Im definitely doing the Last of the Breed headrest and the center caps to add subtle touches.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikZ View Post
    Nice... where did you get the nittos for that price?
    You are the only one that notice that killer deal. I paid 97.00 for the fronts and 167.00 for my rears. My best friend works for toyo tires and gave me his discount. I could have got some T1R's or Invos but even at employee pricing they are pretty high but better than any deal you can find so with my next set I think I will upgrade to the T1R's.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i agree keep them the way they are. they look good on the car
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

Quote Originally Posted by nmartin View Post
    Thats what I needed to hear because I prefer the car keeps its stock look but the all black is growing on me I was looking at the example below. Well I will wait on that but Im definitely doing the Last of the Breed headrest and the center caps to add subtle touches.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Great idea on the headrest. Great look for sure.

As far as the tails, how about a set of LT1 tails from the junk yard, black those out, run them for a while and if you don't like it you can just bolt your old OEM lights back on no?

The car looks awesome either way you go. Cheers...
    02 CETA #654 7800 miles
    09 G8 GT liquid red, sport/premium/sunroof red/black int
    07 Tahoe LS

...you'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'cause I'll have the only one there is around

2000 Camaro B4C

wow not many cars can pull off 20's, but those look damn good

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

Those look really good

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

i personally think 20s look good on TAs but not Camaros. Not usually a fan of wheels that big but the car looks good!

black
    02 HAWK aka the beast

your WS6 looks sexy.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

If you don't mind me asking... how much did getting your fenders rolled cost you and who did it?

I think I may need to do the same to avoid a rub with my 17x11's.

I love the look of your T/A! good choice going with the chrome lip! Trust me a buddy of mine has an 02 GT mustang he blacked completely out. We're talking lights rims (no chrome lip).... I mean everything! It looks like trash! To do it right you have to keep something to break up the black. It just looks more refined.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking... how much did getting your fenders rolled cost you and who did it?

I think I may need to do the same to avoid a rub with my 17x11's.

I love the look of your T/A! good choice going with the chrome lip! Trust me a buddy of mine has an 02 GT mustang he blacked completely out. We're talking lights rims (no chrome lip).... I mean everything! It looks like trash! To do it right you have to keep something to break up the black. It just looks more refined.
    Butler tires rolled both rear fenders for $100.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Looks...good on your car. I think it updates it a little now since all the muscle is going bigger

It has a big wing!

I was totally expecting a ghetto ghetto looking set up and was blown away...

Great job,looks really good!
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

01 Trans am

was expecting worse but it doesnt look bad

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

It looks great! I don't have ANY issue with the way 20s look on f-bodies, as long as the rims themselves are tasteful. I've seen some hideous looking 18, 19, and 20" combos on F-bodies (most 15, 16, and 17" combos I see are traditional or OEM and look fine), but I've also seen great-looking examples of each as well. BTW, with the taller tire your rear gearing had been changed to negatively affect the acceleration. Tires with an aspect ratio of 25 but retaining the same widths will give you your acceleration back, but if you don't want to sacrifice a little ride quality for the acceleration, throw some power parts or lower gearing at that car (3.73s maybe).

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    It looks great! I don't have ANY issue with the way 20s look on f-bodies, as long as the rims themselves are tasteful. I've seen some hideous looking 18, 19, and 20" combos on F-bodies (most 15, 16, and 17" combos I see are traditional or OEM and look fine), but I've also seen great-looking examples of each as well. BTW, with the taller tire your rear gearing had been changed to negatively affect the acceleration. Tires with an aspect ratio of 25 but retaining the same widths will give you your acceleration back, but if you don't want to sacrifice a little ride quality for the acceleration, throw some power parts or lower gearing at that car (3.73s maybe).
    Well i have a 12 bolt moser rear end that came with the car, does that help any?

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

The gearing is what matters for acceleration, not the strength. I don't know what transmission you have, but a lot of auto f-bodies have a 3.23 rear gear ratio and manuals commonly have a 3.42. If you don't have either of those two gears out back, then you are likely running a highway gear, probably a 2.73, which is in no way good for acceration. I have only run into one or two 4th-gen cars with that rear gear. Anyway, when you put on a tire with an overall height that is greater than stock, you effectively reduce your gearing. This is what took the edge off of your acceleration. The tires you put on are just over 4% taller than factory. If you were to replace them with 275 or 285/25R20 tires out back and 245/30R20 tires up front, you would get your gearing almost exactly where it was when stock, with a difference in diameter of only .5% or less. Or you could replace your rear gear with a 3.73 gear or 4.10 gear, which should make up for the tire height difference and give you quicker acceleration. I don't know what your rear gear is in your Moser, but any increase in gear should reverse a lot, if not all, of the negative impact on your acceration. Please keep in mind that larger diameter tires are also harder on your factory brakes, not only because they weigh more but also because the taller diameter provides the tire with added leverage against the power of the brakes.
    Last edited by RJWZ28; 06-11-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information