2000 Trans am Ws6

Passenger door hung

[IMG][/IMG]

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

busy guy

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

OP, I know your doing this in your garage but I thought its better to spray everything at one time because of the mixing of the paint in order to get the same coloring hue, Is this correct?

Are you mixing it exactly the same formula each time or did you get a 5 gal can of it and already know its going to match?

Only asking because I've never painted a car with the exception of touch ups with a rattle can on HMMWV and 2 1/2 ton trucks

Also it's looking real good.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Painting

I painted just the jams,nothing exterior.I`ve finished painting all that needed to be painted.The car will be sprayed in a booth,along with both bumper cover`s side skirts filler piece behind t-tops.As for paint I try to do everything at once but sometimes not possible.Yeah i sprayed everything in my garage an didn`t get one single piece of dust in the paint.I used a tac rag every time I sprayed a layer of paint plus wore a painter`s suit just incase,3 coats of paint an clear.I bought a gallon of paint an primer along with the clear reducer`s hardner....etc.I`ve painted before but never changed the color of jams before,alot of time an patience.I bought the best products PPG makes....now that I think of I must of easily spent over a grand just for materials.... minus upgrade an mods.Hopefully I don`t need anymore red.Thank you also for the complement.
    Last edited by Joels1; 03-17-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Spray tip

Also so far I lost the tip to my devilbiss spray gun,so I went to Harbor freight an bought a cheap spray gun for $15 bucks.I figured it`s just the jams no big deal but the gun sprayed friggen great.I can`t complain about that!

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Random Picture

Finished installing the passenger headlight motor which works great,no more grinding noise.Snaked the positive wiring through the firewall to the postive stud on driver`s side for the express window kits,kinda excited to see how fast the passenger window goes up an down.The only thing i`ve done on the driver`s side kit was run the positive wiring,I know that kit will be a days job.Tomorrow I`ll finish up the passenger side front marker light kit so that will be finished.Ordered the front marker light sockets,after all the work i`m doing don`t feel like dealing with issues due to the corrosion in the original sockets.Also ordered dynamat door kit,so i won`t be buttoning up passenger door just yet.Finished installing the rubber seal around door jam an t-tops an popped in the door sill plastic piece.
    Last edited by Joels1; 03-18-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Window kit

The passenger window kit is worth the money.Doing Driver`s this week,plus driver`s door motor.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Joels1 View Post
    Click for full size
    some times it hurts to see them apart like that.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    some times it hurts to see them apart like that.
    NEVER!!!
    Means you are improving!!!

Keep up the good work.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Things done

Ok most of wiring is done.Passenger door is almost ready,waiting on some dynomat for the doors.I got a small crack on passenger panel that I need to fix also.Reinstalled computer,replaced driver`s door motor an removed cowl panel to paint black.Tomorrow my marker`s light should be in,after that it`s fix driver`s window regulator install window express kit an then install door panel.lined up passenger door also it`s getting there........
    Last edited by Joels1; 03-22-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Replaced marker lights

Replace marker lights...you can tell why.Also installed dynomat on passenger door.Didn`t have much time to work on car today.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Hey Joel let me know if you notice a difference with the dynamat inside the door. I've been thinking about doing it.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Dynomat

I hope I can notice..haven`t driven the car in awhile but should make a big difference.Gonna be a little time cause haven`t got her on the road yet..but soon.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

My son said all i care about it working on my car.

Made a vapor barrier with two way tape holding it on,which it held on great.Did some cleaning up on the rear tail light wires...I`m on my 3rd roll of electrical tape so far lol.Finished running the positive wire under the dash an fed it into the drivers door kinda hard to spot the thicked red wire.Replaced all the bulb gaskets on the whole car.My son loves the t-tops.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Next

Next up,tackle the driver`s side door.In the picture you`ll see how the rivet hole that holds the window regulator got trashed cause of 3 rivets loosening up.So gotta fix that,finish wiring high voltage kit,dynomat an make vapor barrier.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Ok finished repairing driver`s door regulator which dosen`t look pretty but with plates on the front an inside of door,plus some some strong epoxy...don`t think it will come off.Repaired passenger door panel crack with the same epoxy plus some sheet rock joint tape.If your gonna repair that crack on the panel use some good epoxy,not some auto zone crap! Installed dynomat on driver`s doors,so doors are done.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Ok hope these pictures help some of you who are gonna install the driver`s side express kit.The kit works great.I have a picture of some of the tools I used.The last picture that show wires is exactly what wires get sodered together.Hope this helps.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Man that friggen driver`s door was a mother to align.I should of painted the strikers off the car instead of on the car.Just sucked adjusting without moving the striker if need be,but didn`t wanna take a chance in peeling the clear or paint.So I finished making an installing the driver`s plastic moisture barrier,hung the door panel an most of interior is done,except pillar gauges.Figured out what sealer I will use on the car, need to buy another gallon of clear an look into a flex agent for the bumpers.Anyone have issues with the rear interior panel behind driver`s seat that has the speaker in it? mine won`t stay in place keeps popping out.When you look at it you will see the door weather stripping an a friggen space between panel.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Ok..time to dive in head first.My interior hasen`t been cleaned in over a year due to sitting,body work dust an messy in general.damn I got my work cut out for me

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

did you change your sail panel? and whats that color? looks nice..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information