• Professionally

19 13.67%
  • Mail Order

11 7.91%
  • Tunercats

1 0.72%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PowerKraus
    I own/use both LS1 Edit and EFI Live. I've also used HP, and I must say that HP and EFI Live have excellent forum support. Mucho info sharing..

I happen to really like the EFILive as software updates and support are free.....EFILive even has 'black box' recording so you do not have to connect your laptop for collecting data.

One thing you should look for is the ability to log w/o the laptop, like EFILive. I think HP and a couple others now offer this, and it is worth every penny.

Key is to GET SOME SOFTWARE ....and start unleasing all that horsepower.

Great to be here !

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    It must take a very small penis to have to feel the need to make yourself look so much better & smarter then anyone around you. I've got a few friends like that...most of them i just ignore knowing they in actuality are failures in life. As far as the point of my posts were that little information can be gained by looking at a gauge screen...at most you'd be able to see is max this or max that...you have an rpm & mph gauge on your dash so what exactly is so important in a gauge screen? A histogram I understand but gauge, no. I guess im cerebrally challenged in that aspect.
    As far as it "must take a very small penis," I would not know anything about that experience, as you must by your reference to it. I have no need to make myself "look so much better & smarter then anyone around" me. You were the one insulting anyone who does such monitoring as being essentially an idiot. When you do such things, you should expect a response. All I was doing is refuting your insultingly juvenile antics.

As far as being a failure in life, yes, people that are failures in life tend to have friends who are also failures. Misery loves company. I have no friends who are failures in life and, although I do not approach life as a competition with others for comparison purposes, I'll gladly stack up my accomplishments and credentials against yours (or even just those up until I was your age) in order to determine if your allusion to me as a failure in life is true.

If you can only see that "little information can be gained by looking at a gauge screen...at most you'd be able to see is max this or max that," then that's fine for you. However, I would like to be able to view more than just the "rpm & mph gauge" whenever I choose. If you do not, good for you, but that does not mean that anyone who chooses to do so is stupid. For some people, all they want to see is a speedometer and a fuel gauge, but I don't insinuate that they are stupid. Likewise, if others want to view more gauges, I don't ridicule them as idiots, as you have and continue to do.

To keep it simple for you, I'll just take one small example with one variable--mass air flow. I have no such stock gauge, yet I can glance at the screen and see what my current MAF is at any given time. A MAF histogram shows historical information in a frequency distribution graph over time, not just the MAF at a point in time. If I want to know my MAF right now, looking at the current reading is more useful than looking at a historical frequency distribution of all the previous MAFs throughout a given time. This applies to each variable that the software can monitor.

I'm glad to see it looks like you've come around, as your last sentence is my point, exactly.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

My "maps" or histograms can go by last, avg or count not sure about yours. I could also use a graph and see the last 30 seconds or the last 3 mins of a log if I'd like. Sorry but I don't think I can remember the last time the gauges were able to give me the useful information that i was somehow missing with a histogram or graph
    Last edited by foff667; 09-30-2005 at 02:38 PM.

On the Tour Bus...Waking in a new town every day

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

My "maps" or histograms can go by last, avg or count not sure about yours. I could also use a graph and see the last 30 seconds or the last 3 mins of a log if I'd like. Sorry but I don't think I can't remember the last time the gauges were able to give me the useful information that i was somehow missing with a histogram or graph
    I agree with that...
    I dont think the guages have ever given me any info I needed...
    I always use my Histograms and my scrolling chart as I can see lines showing where it was and where it is now...and I even usually can tell where its heading to as well

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    You were the one insulting anyone who does such monitoring as being essentially an idiot. When you do such things, you should expect a response. All I was doing is refuting your insultingly juvenile antics.
    aww did I hurt your feelings by saying "most real tuners never even use it, like myself." Im sorry maybe I shouldve worded it more like "most real tuners don't use it for tuning"? Again there is little info to be gained from looking at the gauges imo & I think its mainly there as a selling point since people say "ohh look at the pretty colors" the lure is great at first but you cant tune in SD looking at gauges unless your brain is an excel chart that can decifer, sort and calculate every frame of data.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Sorry, I was a little hard on you, but you kept coming with the insults to Ed and I , so I just gave some back with a little hot sauce on it. But, it was all somewhat funny. No harm meant.

No, my histograms are not able to show what you describe that yours does. What software are you using? And, no, I don't tune with gauges, but only use them for monitoring while driving since I've got a computer hooked up anyway. Occasionally, I'll have the scanner open in a window just to glance at what's going on with the engine, or have several windows open, like the GPS software, or something else. The GPS is great on road trips.

Also, I have wireless broadband internet access so I can check updates on projects with which I'm working (when I stop for fuel and/or food, etc.--not good to do while driving, unless someone else is driving and I've turned the monitor to face me in the passenger's seat), or listen in to a sports game that's not on a radio station where I'm driving, or listen to a program from anywhere in the world. Sometimes I'll be scheduled for a conference session with colleagues, but I want to go off for a few days or whatever. I can go ahead and get on the road to where I want to go, and then when it gets close to conference time, pull over at a rest stop or something and tap in via the web, and I'm there at their meeting (well, at least on a monitor and speaker).

The software is great for tuning when I do tune. But tuning is only a once in awhile thing, and since the software has the scanner and since the computer is there anyway, I like to pull up the gauges just to tickle my brain a little bit with more information. I guess I'm just an information freak.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    No, my histograms are not able to show what you describe that yours does. What software are you using?
    hpt v2.0 beta

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

hpt v2.0 beta
    Thanks. So, you're a beta tester for them? Cool. I wonder how much longer before it's ready to release to the public? I've read that it is so much better than the "old" thing I've got.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

2.0 is supposed to be released to the general public sometime this week

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    2.0 is supposed to be released to the general public sometime this week
    i hope they take their time & just get it right the first time out...there are still a good handful of things missing or not completed as of my last version that i hope they get done...some may not even notice the things or care but the things that arent done I use fairly often

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I agree with getting it right before releasing it. I can wait a little longer. Just curious, how receptive are they to your feedback?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Lets just say that there are a few things In 2.0 that I am the sole contributor of
    so yes...they listen to our feedback

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Lets just say that there are a few things In 2.0 that I am the sole contributor of
    so yes...they listen to our feedback

yeah yeah, your so proud of yourself with those histos hey i got a writup in the help files I think so na na lol

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

yeah yeah, your so proud of yourself with those histos hey i got a writup in the help files I think so na na lol

I gues I shouldnt say sole contributor of...for th ewhole histogram thing...
    I just gave keith some great ideas and made a few extras that are going to be included with the default install

but a lot of the defaullt histograms...are ALL ME

yeah..its nice to be seen in print...might help me get a few more tunes
    Last edited by soundengineer; 10-04-2005 at 01:54 PM.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

but a lot of the defaullt histograms...are ALL ME
    to quote my 3 year old daughter "Blah blah blah" too bad it whiped out all the histo's i had already made up on my home computer

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

to quote my 3 year old daughter "Blah blah blah" too bad it whiped out all the histo's i had already made up on my home computer

should have saved them in another location like a good little monkey....like I did

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

So, which one of you two is the better tuner?

With all that good input/feedback, that 2.0 ought to be one great package! Are they going to give each of you some credit?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

well..there are several people who get mentioned in the Acknowledgments section....
    and I wont say that any of us is any better than any of the other guys...
    we all do things good or we probably wouldnt have been beta testers...
    the cool thing about 2.0 is as long as you follow some basic guidelines...it really does a lot of the work for you...
    you can set up any histogram to do anything you want...
    meaning some of these excel spreadsheets(most of them) can be converted into custom histograms with custom PID's...
    I am building a bunch of them and plan on sharing them on a page on my website...
    I have sent keith sevral histogrmas, and a few custom PID's that are in the release
    we all had some great input...and we all saw different things than the other people did...
    its a collabpration of great minds...which is why its going to amaze so many people..including guys that have ben tuing for years...and I believe even some EFI guys will be a little worried with the release...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I was just kiddin' with the "whose the better tuner" thing. Good beta testers are critical for any worthwhile product. Sounds like it will really be some great stuff! I'm looking forward to using it.
    Thanks in advance for all the great work and input y'all have given.

Pewter
    00 NHRA Trans Am

I use a Predator, not enough mods done to really need anything more.
    Last edited by Dano 00TA; 10-10-2005 at 02:24 PM.
    2000 NHRA Edition T/A Pewter
    A4 3.23 Midwest 3200, Lid, MAF Ends, Ram Air Kit
    NX wet Kit - Best 60ft:1.67
    1/8th:7.48@94.34n20
    1/4:11.67@116.58n20

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information