Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd like to see some pics of how you have it mounted. I have an extra hood in the shed and this was one idea I was tossing around at one time. I'd like to do this or a hood tach like my brothers old 67 firebird had.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'd like to see some pics of how you have it mounted. I have an extra hood in the shed and this was one idea I was tossing around at one time. I'd like to do this or a hood tach like my brothers old 67 firebird had.
    idk about the hood tach... ive never actually even seen it in person. but u shoudl definitely do the shaker hood.

in fact, like someone said, just take one off of a mach 1 and fab it in. i really wanna see how THAT looks cuz i think itd be easier

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    idk about the hood tach... ive never actually even seen it in person. but u shoudl definitely do the shaker hood.

in fact, like someone said, just take one off of a mach 1 and fab it in. i really wanna see how THAT looks cuz i think itd be easier
    You can still order fiberglass versions of the T/A shakers. I see them in the back of magazines all the time. I've also thought about how to mount it but just haven't ordered one. I'm sure I'd end up screwing up the extra hood or something trying to cut it.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

You can still order fiberglass versions of the T/A shakers. I see them in the back of magazines all the time. I've also thought about how to mount it but just haven't ordered one. I'm sure I'd end up screwing up the extra hood or something trying to cut it.
    ill definitely look into that.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Thumbs up Shaker Hood

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    does anyone know of any shakerhoods or have pics of any 4th gen camaros with a shaker hood like the 01 mach 1's had.

a friend of mine borrowed his sister's mach, took em for a ride in it, and the shaker hood was just so damn cool i was wonderin if there were any for camaros

preferrably lt1 style if anyone knows of pics...
    Whats next , Mustang wheels ?
    No , seriously , I know what you mean. It does look kinda cool watchin that engine torque over to the right , though the little Mustang just barely is able to move enough to see it actually move. Now an LS1 can rock the entire body of the vehicle over to the right so there would have to be a lot of clearance. You could use a yoke supported from the front of the block to the fender apron,but that would cause the left front tire to lift off the ground. Hmm! Sounds like a project.

NBM
    2000 WS6

While Shaker Hoods may look cool They serve no purpose on non carburetorated cars............They may even look alittle strange.
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Blue on white
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    While Shaker Hoods may look cool They serve no purpose on non carburetorated cars............They may even look alittle strange.
    True on the no purpose for mine (still love it), but on this one http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43002 it is functional and there are also some nice pics showing a bit of the mount. The owner seems to have gone inactive for the last 7 months or so. I have emailed him without response.

Blue on white
    1999 Trans Am

I'd love to see the hood tach. Maybe you could find someone to photochop one for you...

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Whats next , Mustang wheels ?
    No , seriously , I know what you mean. It does look kinda cool watchin that engine torque over to the right , though the little Mustang just barely is able to move enough to see it actually move. Now an LS1 can rock the entire body of the vehicle over to the right so there would have to be a lot of clearance. You could use a yoke supported from the front of the block to the fender apron,but that would cause the left front tire to lift off the ground. Hmm! Sounds like a project.
    well the ls1 and mach1 engine have just about the same power, so idk about ls1 bein able to rock and the mach engine not bein able to. also, ppl just said the ls1 doesnt shakemuch cuz its well balanced... is that true?

and what do u mean a yoke? i didnt understand that. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    i would only do it for looks. maybe it will look strange, idk. thats why i wanna see a bunch of pics of it. on camaros and t.a.s

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Engine torque & having the engine balanced is two different things.The Ford has very little torque being a four valve & only about 281 cubic inches , where as the mighty LS1 has massive engine torque that can be produced from down low in the rev range all the way to red line so therefore it doesnt have to build revs in order to make prodigious amounts of what we in America love , "ENGINE TORQUE" . Where as the little ford has to build some revs just to make horse power , kinda like a Honda or most any ricer. That's why fords have to rely on power adders like blowers & nitrous in order to keep up with Trans Am's & Z/28's .
    The torque strap you mentioned is just that. An adjustable rod threaded on both ends with a yoke that mounts to the front of the engine block on one end & to the vehicle's frame or fender apron on the other end & keeps the engine from moving or torquing to the right under hole shots / burn-outs or just taking off full throttle from a stand still . If the gearing / suspension / converter & wrinkle wall slicks are set up properly the left front tire "IS" going to come up off the ground.Course this all depends on the weight / wheelbase / & torque of the engine.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

hmmm... i will def keep that in mind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information