Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Consider the C5 Z06. You'll have a decent car to start with, handles well, and of course has the LS6 which I put in my SS Camaro. I easily modded it to 500HP and in the lighter Vette would be a nice package. No worries about the rear end either. My insurance only went up $33.00 bucks a month when I replaced the SS Camaro with the new Z06 so don't believe all the horror stories about skyrocket insurance rates for Vettes.
    I dropped a small fortune into my Camaro, and trust me, the F-Body will never handle like a Corvette, if that's important to you. Some people aren't really into carving up the corners.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Consider the C5 Z06. You'll have a decent car to start with, handles well, and of course has the LS6 which I put in my SS Camaro. I easily modded it to 500HP and in the lighter Vette would be a nice package. No worries about the rear end either. My insurance only went up $33.00 bucks a month when I replaced the SS Camaro with the new Z06 so don't believe all the horror stories about skyrocket insurance rates for Vettes.
    I dropped a small fortune into my Camaro, and trust me, the F-Body will never handle like a Corvette, if that's important to you. Some people aren't really into carving up the corners.
    You talked me into it!!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

RED
    2001 m6 CAMARO SS-SLP

+1
    c5zo6
    2001 camaro ss m6 slp options
    slp loud mouth - k&n filter-SLP LID

WE have to fight off a new breed of ricers

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

hell yeah if you can afford it get a Z06. Full bolt-ons alone will put you close to a pullied cobra.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Just for the record...I dropped a brand new LS6 crate engine [rated at 405HP] in the SS then modded it with a decently aggresive cam (571/573-112 LSA) high side of moderate but not radical by any means, very streetable. Then LT headers, into a free breathing (catless) SLP Loud Mouth I system. Intake duties were also handled by SLP with their complete cold air intake sytem. Other stuff like double roller timing chain, pushrods etc.. no more power making stuff, reinforced the entire driveline, anyway, on the Dyno she went, after break in and a GREAT tune, no handheld stuff for me, this is the real thing here. 436RWHP on a Mustang Dyno, the only REAL type of Dyno. That's about 500Hp at the motor.
    My point here is that is doesn't take much to get the LS6 to that 500HP mark, note that I didn't touch the heads, no aftermarket Mass airflow, and stock LS6 manifold. Now my SS was a portly girl at about 3600lbs.
    Imagine the type of power to weight ratio you would enjoy in that Z06!
    I know because I drive a 505HP Z06 everyday, and it's better than you can even imagine my friend, and think about this.
    YOU wouldn't have paid the $75,000.00 OTD price I had to!
    Case closed...

black
    99 z28 a4

dunt buy anything u can afford to fix...lol

black
    00 camaro Z28

dude i go for the maro gets great gas mialege for a v8 and with the left over money u can make it as fast as the cobra! the cobra without the supercharger is nothing! ive been in a cobra as well its sick but im not much of a ford guy. watever way u go u wont be disapointed! dude u should test drive both too! get the maro man dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it now lol

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Has one of each...

I love em both! The 03 Mach1 and the WS6 are so different. I rarely drive over posted speed limits. I am a professional driver and my livelyhood depends on me behaving behind the wheel.
    The DOHC 4.6 and the push-rod LS1 are both great motors. The stang is a better daily driver...more civilized. You sit higher in the stang and the visibility is better all around. The stang has a smoother ride and less interior noise. Both my stang and my ws6 have had exaust mods and breathing mods and both have aftermarket tuning hardware installed. I stuck the big SLP package into the ws6 and had the guys at an SVT shop here install some go-fast toys on the mach1. Both cars have close to 400hp.
    The ws6 shifts better. The mach1's clutch will cause leg cramps in city traffic. The mach1 grinds second gear if you drive like grandma. The mach hates it when i short shift. The ws6 is more forgiving. The ws6 doesn't mind 90 octane as much as the mach1...the ford likes champagne...the ws6 will drink cheap wine.
    Takes forever to defog the stang on a cold wet day. The ws6 is a better winter car. Ya...I drive it in snow...ws6 came from quebec...so. The stang takes too long to get warm. The ws6 has these huge plastic knobs that work great with gloves on. Both cars have cheezy plastic interiors. The ws6 seats hug you better but rip and tear after a while.
    My t-tops don't leak or squeek ever. The hatchback release is k.o'd on the ws6. Remember to open a window or door before you close the hatchback or else...it won't close. There's more room for stuff in the stang. No t-tops or hatchback or folding headlights to worry about. My ws6 has been an angel though. My mach1 is well behaved too.
    By em both. I did. Join the ls1 group and the stang group.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

Okay please don't grill me for this but this is what i've found... For the price of the cobra i'm all about the c5z06 or an f body plus mods... but go with the z06.
    No one's really mentioned that a 450whp 500whp cobra isn't as bad ass as it's made out to be. An f-body with much less rwhp can easily hang with a cobra like that. I dunno what it is but that's how the cobras are... even roll racing.
    PLUS
    the traction issue is a nightmare.
    I saw a 450awhp evo keep dead nuts even with something like 600whp cobra. The cobra came out on M/T's and the back end still had no problem comin out when he put it in 4th at around 100.... in mexico...
    a C5 z06 doesn't have near the problems and looks so damn good!
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...g-B_152803.htm
    Click on this and go to about 4:30.... it shows a bolt on fbody that loses to a "460rwhp" cobra... and a STOCK (w/ DR's) c5 z06 keepin with it, which puts down nowhere near 460rwhp...
    Last edited by chevyss1234; 10-24-2008 at 12:34 AM.

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Smile

[QUOTE=chevyss1234;1687100]No one's really mentioned that a 450whp 500whp cobra isn't as bad ass as it's made out to be. An f-body with much less rwhp can easily hang with a cobra like that. I dunno what it is but that's how the cobras are... even roll racing.
    PLUS
    the traction issue is a nightmare.
    I saw a 450awhp evo keep dead nuts even with something like 600whp cobra. The cobra came out on M/T's and the back end still had no problem comin out when he put it in 4th at around 100.... in mexico...
    a C5 z06 doesn't have near the problems and looks so damn good!

Ohhhh...so street racing and bragging rights and "the kill" are the object of the game? Then it doesn't matter what car you buy then...cobra or vette or camaro or ws6...etc. If it's all about the "win"? Build a car that is designed to win. Put the right rear gear in and cheat. Lie and cheat. The car's gotta be on da bottle. Minimum 4:11 locked rear end. A good driver knows how to back pedal and gather up a car that's gettin' loose in the rear.
    I have yet to see an f body with much less rwhp beat a 500 hp terminator unless the cobra was driven by a bafoon. Lots of skillful drivers don't seem to have traction issues with their termies. A solid rear axle vs an independant...apples and oranges. If it's street racing...light to light or rollin' down the freeway...and you don't need more than 140mph top end...try some 4:11's with a bottle...2 stage...or throw a tank of av gas in there, 110 octane...bigger injectors...cam...and learn how to drive. Please don't race on the street...try a track.

Get a f-body for half the price, put a s/c or h/c on and put it on a diet.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

if u still aint figured out wat car is better, u need a different sort of help if u kno wat i mean

black
    2001 Camaro SS

Very perceptive transammapleleaf.... it's "whose the most fast and furious"... i'm not sure what you're implication was but i guess we've seen two different things because i'm guessing you've seen what you're talking about and not just jumping all over someone because you don't approve of street racing, so let's go ahead and clear everything up so there's no confusion.
    The guy did back pedal and gather up the rear in that race but it still cost him his acceleration which cost him the race... i don't care how good of a driver you are... if you put to much power in car that doesn't have the proper setup (which costs MORE money), it's very hard to get traction. even if you are an excellent driver, i do imagine you have a good bit of experience judging by the fact that you're 43...
    I just used a street race video, and a race i saw as an example doesn't mean my point is wrong or invalid. And it doesn't mean i participate in street racing or think it's a smart thing to do, because of course it's not. i've just been around a little of it on rare occasions. (and yes i do admit that i have raced before)

so just because you don't like street racing (i never said i did either) or think what i said was wrong doesn't mean you need to be disrespectful because you obviously were... being tongue and cheek, talking down to me and drawing rediculous and insulting conclusions. (a big shot of nitrous and 4:11's are also tricky to control when every thing else is stock... even for you mapleleaf.)...
    So don't get all huffy and go to extremes. There's no need try and classify me as some ignorant punkass street racer who believes "naws" is the key to everything.

TransAmMapleLeaf - "Build a car that is designed to win. Put the right rear gear in and cheat. Lie and cheat. The car's gotta be on da bottle."

Are you saying that's what i'm about? because it seems like it... or you wouldn't have quoted me and said it.
    that was rather ignorant... and if you want to deny it to save face that's fine... but i was talking about what car I THOUGHT was a better buy better not bragging rights, lieing, cheating, or basically anything else you brought up.
    So cool i'm glad you have you're own opinion, (we've obviously seen two different things) and i'm glad you wantd to share it but just remember that we're all friends here buddy.
    Last edited by chevyss1234; 10-26-2008 at 04:39 PM.

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    Very perceptive transammapleleaf.... it's "whose the most fast and furious"... i'm not sure what you're implication was but i guess we've seen two different things because i'm guessing you've seen what you're talking about and not just jumping all over someone because you don't approve of street racing, so let's go ahead and clear everything up so there's no confusion.
    The guy did back pedal and gather up the rear in that race but it still cost him his acceleration which cost him the race... i don't care how good of a driver you are... if you put to much power in car that doesn't have the proper setup (which costs MORE money), it's very hard to get traction. even if you are an excellent driver, i do imagine you have a good bit of experience judging by the fact that you're 43...
    I just used a street race video, and a race i saw as an example doesn't mean my point is wrong or invalid. And it doesn't mean i participate in street racing or think it's a smart thing to do, because of course it's not. i've just been around a little of it on rare occasions. (and yes i do admit that i have raced before)

so just because you don't like street racing (i never said i did either) or think what i said was wrong doesn't mean you need to be disrespectful because you obviously were... being tongue and cheek, talking down to me and drawing rediculous and insulting conclusions. (a big shot of nitrous and 4:11's are also tricky to control when every thing else is stock... even for you mapleleaf.)...
    So don't get all huffy and go to extremes. There's no need try and classify me as some ignorant punkass street racer who believes "naws" is the key to everything.

TransAmMapleLeaf - "Build a car that is designed to win. Put the right rear gear in and cheat. Lie and cheat. The car's gotta be on da bottle."

Are you saying that's what i'm about? because it seems like it... or you wouldn't have quoted me and said it.
    that was rather ignorant... and if you want to deny it to save face that's fine... but i was talking about what car I THOUGHT was a better buy better not bragging rights, lieing, cheating, or basically anything else you brought up.
    So cool i'm glad you have you're own opinion, (we've obviously seen two different things) and i'm glad you wantd to share it but just remember that we're all friends here buddy.
    Wasn't being condescending or talking down to you. Easy boy...down boy....relax. I defend the ls1's on the stang' group site and I defend the Stangs on this ls1 site...haha! I am divided...torn between two lovers. Street racers up here in Vancouver are mostly wealthy dope dealers and Asian gang members with tricked out import tuner rides. Money...blood money. Punks with $90K rides and 9mm Glocks with $150K of bling around their neck....and an 8-ball of blow up their nose.
    My close friend, Martin Rachelle, won the Summit Drag Racing World Series a few yrs ago....he helped me with my stang. He has an old malibu with a 427. Traction is the key. Traction is crucial. Spring rates...tire pressure, shock damping and rebound rates...tire compound. Martin would change these on his car depending on the weather, barometric ambient air pressure, track temp and surface condition. I watch Pinks and Pinks All-Out. I love the game. The lies and the cheats. I love the guys who sand-bag and lie about what they actually have. You misread me bro. You got defensive bro. Too defensive. Camaro is spanish for "shrimp".

Thread Information