Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Range

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

nice grouping tho, I betcha you can't do that kinda group with iron sights, its alot harder to do that than with a scope lol.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    packy, check out my new shit. I got it in the mail like 2 days ago. this isnt actually mine, because im too lazy to take a picture of it. Its an infidel style rifle in the 308 cal. 22inches to keep the MVs up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...S/Saiga308.jpg
    Spikito, Mail sent.

Mod,

That looks nice! Any plans for accesories?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    nice grouping tho, I betcha you can't do that kinda group with iron sights, its alot harder to do that than with a scope lol.

I bet you I can at 100yds...
    Last edited by Packy; 10-10-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    I bet you I can...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I bet you I can at 100yds...
    I am sure you can you are military if I am correct.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I am sure you can you are military if I am correct.
    Yes I am! We were giving him shit for being so close with a mega scope, but in retrospect he was doing the right thing in keeping the beginner chick inside the 100 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    Nothing. They are not interchangable. .308 and 5.56 or .223 AR's use completely different upper and lower receivers. You can get uppers for an AR to shoot .22lr, 9mm, and a buch of other pistols calibers, but .308, no.
    lol, i agree with you! but im waiting for the reply to see how its done!

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Spikito, Mail sent.

Mod,

That looks nice! Any plans for accesories?
    I have a eotech sight on it because its basically an ak. Ill be fucking thrilled if I can get 2 moa out of it. more and more home invasions occur with the criminals wearing body armor, if you know what I mean. This is my gun for that scenario. The 25 round mag they sent is plastic though.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I have a eotech sight on it because its basically an ak. Ill be fucking thrilled if I can get 2 moa out of it. more and more home invasions occur with the criminals wearing body armor, if you know what I mean. This is my gun for that scenario. The 25 round mag they sent is plastic though.
    Man the EOtech is really nice IMO. I have the 512 for my AK and I use the 552 for my M4 at work. I like them a lot. With the outer ring they have it makes shooting from 50-300 yds quick and accurate. Have fun with it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have 5 SAIGA's...one in .308. I modify the heck out of them. Great shooters.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Son..... Older brother maybe. But DAD oh hell no.. I know how my dad is and you're not him. Heck you could not follow or fit in his shoes.. Well I guess I couldnt either he had small feet....... I will allow the excuse of scopes if your old ass.. And your not that old of an ass. Ass yes... Old ass nah.. I guess you can no longer see thru the sights.. It just kills me to see all the youngins start on scopes... Sorry I dont need a scope to make a kill at 500 time and time again.. I was good before the corps. But in the corp you have to qaulify every year 250,300 and 500. I have always done better 300 and back. Oh well keep that sight clean then.
    LOL...well I am a full decade older than you according to your info there....and I am sure your Dad is a great fella....I know many Marines and they all are larger than real life in their minds when it comes to shooting...so I am familiar with your "abilities"
    I agree....Everybody should shoot iron sites no doubt. Get back with me in 2019 and let me know all about your 500 yard iron site shots will ya....

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Eotechs are the shit. Probably the best all around optics out there. And on the whole iron sight vs optics thing while I agree that you should learn to shoot with I/S switching to something that will make you shoot better is always a good move. And anyone who thinks they can hit targets better and faster with I/S has never spent to much time behind some good optics.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    LOL...well I am a full decade older than you according to your info there....and I am sure your Dad is a great fella....I know many Marines and they all are larger than real life in their minds when it comes to shooting...so I am familiar with your "abilities"
    I agree....Everybody should shoot iron sites no doubt. Get back with me in 2019 and let me know all about your 500 yard iron site shots will ya....
    Nope I freely admit with sights I suck under 300.. Can I shoot under 300 heck yes. But you might get to me with the 7.62 before I get a good shot with the .223. And why I would stay out of your range..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Now my Grandson ...I make him shoot his lil .22 magnum with iron sights....he is damn good with it...he got his first deer this year with my old single shot .223....about 50 yards...he hit him square at the shoulder....it has a 4X scope on it...but he shoots his .22 WMR just as accurate with I/S....
    But allow this...I wouldn't go "hunting" with my .223 out over 200 yards....the energy just isn't there for a clean kill....30-30 or my .308 is a different story....just depends on what your using it for....just like hammers in different weights for different jobs....pick the right tool for the job...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

By the way...my Grandson is 5...he will be 6 here in a couple of weeks and I bought him a new Henry Lever Action .22 Magnum...he is gonna shit

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Sadly I doubt ill ever get anywhere this girl. We hang out a lot, she really enjoys it, but im just not her type....she even knows I'm hung like a mule and that doesnt help.
    also, fuck off about the scope at 100...this was my first time out since i got the gun sighted...who the fuck sights a gun in at 500? I gotta make sure everything works, and that the scope holds its zero, then ill work on putting some distance between me and the target.

plus i was out there shooting with her....no way in hell id put her on the 500...i was contemplating dropping to 50
    Why do you even bother then? If I knew I couldn't get into a chics pants for whatever reason I wouldn't even talk to her let alone hang out with her.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well i take that back...shes in a long distance relationship, and considering ending it, just so she can be with other guys...shes been with him 5 years. If they break up, i have a damn good chance. But its looking like im gonna be in a relationship of my own before that happens, so I'm not too worried about it.

BUT NO TALKING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS....we are men, we talk about guns and tits

back on topic...I'vve never been the most proficient with iron sights...same with scope, im nothing special, but im better than most.

i only have one iron site gun of my own (i own two rifles) its a m44, 7.62X54R. I can keep good groups with it...but the sights are big...they totally cover an 8 inch target at 100.

I want to get an old Sharps 45-70 with the peep hole sights

gray
    07 duramax

Man the EOtech is really nice IMO. I have the 512 for my AK and I use the 552 for my M4 at work. I like them a lot. With the outer ring they have it makes shooting from 50-300 yds quick and accurate. Have fun with it.

I had to look up the difference between the two and now Im butthurt that I cant throw NV on my shit and go.

gay. Not like Im buying NV anytime soon though.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I have 5 SAIGA's...one in .308. I modify the heck out of them. Great shooters.

hell yeah. what else do you have, 12ga?

gray
    07 duramax

I thought this pic was applicable. My eotech used to be on this gun, but now im selling this gun to use for a trade in on a ar-10, cause 223 is pussy. This little 6 year old kid was a natural, probably all the video games, said the recoil didnt bother him. The stock worked perfect for him. Packy and Sarge will recognize the glasses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information