Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

witht the 1st wife we just grew apart and she deciced to have fun else where.......my 2nd wife is a totally different person........

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    I've married 4 times.....I don't have ANY good advice on marriage except DON'T.....especially strippers!!
    but i bet they are fun to play with

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

Marrage is what YOU and SHE make of it. I have been Married for 16 yrs. never broke up, speerated, or any of that. If any of you really think that being married is NOT a job, your wrong. You need to work at it to keep it healthy. Just my opinion though and it has worked for me and the wife!

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Damn this thread exploded lol, thanks for all the advice guys..................

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    people in general don't seem to be as genuine or committed anymore. i've been divorced from a chick who cheated on me after we were together 3 years. it's a crappy feeling but it opened the doors for me to meet someone who although we've been through more shit as a couple than probably 98% of other couple's will ever go through, we are still together and love each other and have a little girl together now. it's been an awesome experience. i think society has been demoralized so much that people just don't know how to truly handle the responsibilities it takes to make a true loving relationship last now. the older generations really didn't have as much to cloud their lives and i believe that's why they last a lot longer than the newer ones. guys are just as guilty as girls in newer relationships. there isn't a worse trend to either sex i don't think. bros do stupid stuff as much as the hoes do. you can be an ass or treat someone like royalty and there's no guarantee that it will last now. people just get too selfish in their own evil desires and let it tear their lives apart. it's sad but true.

Agree

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

i never understand it. this kinda thing happens too often. why is it people do this kinda thing after getting married, its kinda missing the point of getting married in the first place. its almost like getting married is just something to do. and it pisses me the fuck off, if someone isnt happy with a person, than talk to that person about it. dont go off and royally screw things up when it coulda been resolved better.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Ill wait however long cuz im not ever getting a divorce.. not an option!! Do it right, make it right the first and only time!

That ideal is true until you realise how many people that have gotten divorced said that same exact thing. Which is basically the whole problem with marriage. if your husband/wife no longer wants to be in a relationship you for whatever reason... you have no choice in the matter. It's over bottomline.

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

I think todays society in America is all screwed up, for many reasons. You have Hollywood constantly telling america that life should be glamorous, and should get instant gratification without having to work for it. You also have moral issues (as already pointed out) that are at an all-time high. You also have womens lib that has shrunk the penis of every american male. I could go on, but I won't. In short, make damn sure its the right thing to do. If you are not sure, don't do it. And you really can never be 100% sure...

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

My first wife was for all the wrong reasons. I was in the military, needed more money, young, and did it way to soon to really see what she was REALLY like. Got out of the Military beacuse of her and ended up divorced a year later. BIG BIG Learning curve. 3.5 years from meeting till divorce

My wife I have now, Is simply amazing. Wonderfull woman. Loves all the stuff I like to do (Cars, drag racing, Cruises, football, camping, fishing, going to titty bars, hooters) We never fight. We each have our own seperate bank accounts so My fun money is mine, hers is hers. Took me about 5 years after my divorce to find her but I am glad I took the plunge again. Just celebrated our 5th year being married (Got married 04/04/04 Ya I wont forget that date LOL) and have been together for 8 years.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by toityme View Post
    If you consider divorce as an option in your relationship you are more likely to get in a divorce. When you marry, you have to have the perception of you only marry once, so its gotta be the right girl.. cuz divorce really isnt an option....

Thats we discussed in my psyc/soci class.. I completely agree...

Ill wait however long cuz im not ever getting a divorce.. not an option!! Do it right, make it right the first and only time! Belong to one person in that way for the rest of your life.
    Sounds pretty good on paper (or monitor) doesn't it... As a matter of fact, I've a feeling we all feel that way when we take the marriage plunge.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way even with the best of intentions

The only advice I can give is don't give up too soon. Examine all avenues before signing those final papers. Counseling or whatever else. Especially if you have children.

Quote Originally Posted by ccusum View Post
    Marrage is what YOU and SHE make of it. I have been Married for 16 yrs. never broke up, speerated, or any of that. If any of you really think that being married is NOT a job, your wrong. You need to work at it to keep it healthy. Just my opinion though and it has worked for me and the wife!
    17 yrs here on my second. Hardest job I've ever had! And, not always very rewarding either

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Dont marry a woman that already has her OWN kids .. You think regular marriage is hard , just add that to it ..

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I believe one of the leading causes of divorce is financial problems.

Confirm/deny?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I believe one of the leading causes of divorce is financial problems.

Confirm/deny?
    I would say negative .. sure its easy to blame financial problems , but its already deeper than that .. Everyone know divorce destroys your credit ...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Dont marry a woman that already has her OWN kids .. You think regular marriage is hard , just add that to it ..
    That is what I always tell my son!

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    That is what I always tell my son!
    you have a son... I guess it wont work out for us.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    You're BF is gonna beat your ass for flirting with a chick

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    witht the 1st wife we just grew apart and she deciced to have fun else where.......my 2nd wife is a totally different person........Click for full size
    that pic

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    we he doesn't know wont hurt him

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

If you fight or argue and get caught up in little things, little fights,, little walk outs but always come back, what are you gonna do when a actual big issue comes along? Youre not gonna make it, and youre gonna tear apart. If you cant make it through the little shit, youll never make it through the actual hard shit.

Therefore, little stupid meaningless fights that happen quite often mean youre dooooomeddd!!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    ditto. Im exactly the same. Sometimes I think I'll never get married! I want it to be a one time thing so I may be waiting forever! lol
    haha on the same boat. Ive been close to marriage before,, and THANK GOD it didnt happen... looking back im like wtf was i thinking. But now, i have whole new perspective and out look about it..... No rush! Ill let the chips fall, if it happens, and it feels right, thats the best I can do.

if im 40 and getting married then ill be 40. I dont wanna be married just to be married.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information