Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    That sounds like valve seals. They will really make the engine burn oil full time just like rings will. But in way smaller amounts. The reason there is so much smoke on start up is that oil drips down into the cylinders as it sits and builds up. Like I said, replace the pcv first. Then worry about the valve seals. If the pcv doesn't help I would try a round of auto rx. auto-rx.com It's said to help some people with seals. Then maybe some high-mileage oil. If none of that helps and you don't install a 6.0 (do eeeet ) you'll just have to do valve seals. And at that point, you may as well do aftermarket springs for a future cam, then you might at as well stab in a cam. And why do that when you can slap on some ported heads pre-assembled with new springs and seals. Do you see why I have problems with my truck build
    Yes i see why now. If this fix is over a couple grand this thangs gone 6.0 my ass. I don't have that kind of money to put towards repairs i like it but just not quite that much.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Yes i see why now. If this fix is over a couple grand this thangs gone 6.0 my ass. I don't have that kind of money to put towards repairs i like it but just not quite that much.
    Sell it to me, or trade me.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

If you're going to sell it with the bad valve seals, try some 10w-40 or 20w-50 "high mileage" oil. It'll smoke less. But trade it into a dealer so you don't have a private buyer pissed at you and kinowing where you live when they change out to normal oil... But let me reiterate-pcv valve first. Valve seals shouldn't go bad suddenly but I imagine a pcv can get stuck open.

2011 Prius

I promise I won't drive back up there once the Suburban is fixed with my rifle demanding my car or money back.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Sell it to me, or trade me.
    I don't think i would like to trade it or sell it but if i have to...... I hate thinking about getting rid of it i like it soooooo much though.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

And based on previous comments, he'll have man juice and NAMBLA stickers all over that bitch. Sell the burb locally

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

If you're going to sell it with the bad valve seals, try some 10w-40 or 20w-50 "high mileage" oil. It'll smoke less. But trade it into a dealer so you don't have a private buyer pissed at you and kinowing where you live when they change out to normal oil... But let me reiterate-pcv valve first. Valve seals shouldn't go bad suddenly but I imagine a pcv can get stuck open.
    I don't wanna think about selling it man. Please have mercy. I love that truck. We'll see what ourisman can do with it. I'm like staring at it out my window just thinking about how mad i'd be if i had to let her go.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Well, you could run the aforementioned oil too for the sake of not being embarrased. I lol at smoking cars. My piece of shit doesn't even smoke. I just know after testing, symptoms, and how wet the cylinders are before a run that it's the valve seals. And it STANK like an outboard when using synthetic on start up. My last truck had bad seals and visibly fogged out our street though.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Well, you could run the aforementioned oil too for the sake of not being embarrased. I lol at smoking cars. My piece of shit doesn't even smoke. I just know after testing, symptoms, and how wet the cylinders are before a run that it's the valve seals. And it STANK like an outboard when using synthetic on start up. My last truck had bad seals and visibly fogged out our street though.
    Yea, i mean i'm not driving it until monday so i'm not touching it at all until ourisman takes care of it. They'll tell me whats wrong with it. I think i just need an oil change a PCV valve and spark plugs and it should be running like a champ again. Hopefully. i hope the seals aren't bad my dad doesn't think they are. He just think it needs a tune-up and PCV valve.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Yeah, I believe those factory platinum plugs are rated for 100k, so it's time. They'll be a bitch with 5 years on northern roads... Better have money for plug boots just in case.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Yeah, I believe those factory platinum plugs are rated for 100k, so it's time. They'll be a bitch with 5 years on northern roads... Better have money for plug boots just in case.
    I think 2k is enough to cover it.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

2k will easily cover a 6.0 with less miles than your motor too

2011 Prius

Yep... So could.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Thats ok i'll pass on the 6.0 i could just get bolt on's and a tune (performance truck tune) like black bear etc. and be right on par with a 6.0. Not really worth it.

2011 Prius

Thats ok i'll pass on the 6.0 i could just get bolt on's and a tune (performance truck tune) like black bear etc. and be right on par with a 6.0. Not really worth it.
    No replacement, for displacement, unless F/I.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I thought blue smoke was fouled plugs. Bad/worn valve seals? A few years ago a coworker of mine had a Formie and it blew blue smoke. He told me that he either needed a tune up or the valve seals were worn.
    the plugs were fouled because of the oil, the valve seals are allowing excessive oil into the combustion chamber, hence the blue smoke. Just changing plugs is not gonna fix the problem.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    No replacement, for displacement, unless F/I.
    I beg to differ.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I beg to differ.
    to a point i agree. theres 327 SBC that make stupid power revving up high, 4 cylinders that make over 100 horses a liter etc

Impounded
    gmcheviac

You can rev a 350 just as high while making useable power, even for the track. 8500+ rpm is unnecessary. But you're right ws6. Stick with your 5.3 and get all of the bolt ons (if you're keeping it, don't sell it to butt fuck lol) first. Then you'll have a nice sounding burb that'll get a mile or 2 mpg better and is rice-hunting ready. Get some tires and pull some diesels out of the mud too.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    to a point i agree. theres 327 SBC that make stupid power revving up high, 4 cylinders that make over 100 horses a liter etc
    But there F/I (4 Cyl) more then likely, hence why I said,"unless F/I."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information