4 11.76%
  • Stingray Vette

18 52.94%
  • C6Z06/427 Vert

12 35.29%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

The more gears in the transmission is to get the cars to meet the BS cafe' standards while still keeping the HP& TQ

I believe those numbers are for the bottom line of the Vettes. Haven't heard of a Z06 or ZR1 class type 2014 Vette yet.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 07-25-2013 at 09:59 AM.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Tony Stewart smokes the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray | Fox News

Video inside

Why do these #'s seem too small?
    460 hp running low 12's seems to be right on par IMHO.

(the old engine in my Camaro was ~520 fwhp, and ran 11.70's - Camaro is a bit heavier, etc, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    What mustang forum are you from? GTFO
    I've been a member on LS1.COM since 1998, jackass. I don't know what happened to my account, it got corrupted during one of the board crashes, so I lost all of my history. Anyway, the new Stingray is ugly, get over it. You'll agree once you see one.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    460 hp running low 12's seems to be right on par IMHO.

(the old engine in my Camaro was ~520 fwhp, and ran 11.70's - Camaro is a bit heavier, etc, etc)
    12.2 isn't a horrible time but it could be and probably wil lbe better once more drivers have a crack at it.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    I'm interested to see what Chevy will bring out over the next couple of years after the Viper TA taking the #1 spot at Laguna.
    I doubt they care much about the new Viper. The brand new Viper, when it first came out, still got beaten by the outgoing ZR1. Dodge had to release some special add-on package so that the Viper would barely beat the ZR1. The new Viper was a little underwhelming.

And I always love the anti-stingray comments. (it's easy to spot the C6 owners). Lots of people hated the C6 when it came out, so a few folks hating this one isn't surprising. The overwhelming majority loves it.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by ITLXLR8 View Post
    I've been a member on LS1.COM since 1998, jackass. I don't know what happened to my account, it got corrupted during one of the board crashes, so I lost all of my history. Anyway, the new Stingray is ugly, get over it. You'll agree once you see one.
    It was joke buddy but I know that being from KY it takes a little longer for these things to set in so I forgive you.

As 5.0 pointed out so many people said the c6 was ugly when it came out. The same thing about the new m5, the same thing about the new camaro, the same thing about the new STIs, the EVO X when it came out etc. Enthusiasts get attached to styles and looks and seem to reject change of the styling at first. I personally do not hate the new vette, chevy has had a hard time with rear end styling recently though.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I doubt they care much about the new Viper. The brand new Viper, when it first came out, still got beaten by the outgoing ZR1. Dodge had to release some special add-on package so that the Viper would barely beat the ZR1. The new Viper was a little underwhelming.

And I always love the anti-stingray comments. (it's easy to spot the C6 owners). Lots of people hated the C6 when it came out, so a few folks hating this one isn't surprising. The overwhelming majority loves it.
    When are you picking yours up? Chevy cares about their fan base who can 1) afford the car and 2)wants it to be on top (it's called rivalry, something the Corvette and Viper have). Easy rook, you're stuck back in the mid 90s with the LT1 fail optispark. Which, by the way, if I recall correctly received free cooling by the water pump over a shatty design (leaked). It's easy to spot C6 owners? I can tell you it's far easier to spot the nut swingers.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

When are you picking yours up? Chevy cares about their fan base who can 1) afford the car and 2)wants it to be on top (it's called rivalry, something the Corvette and Viper have). Easy rook, you're stuck back in the mid 90s with the LT1 fail optispark. Which, by the way, if I recall correctly received free cooling by the water pump over a shatty design (leaked). It's easy to spot C6 owners? I can tell you it's far easier to spot the nut swingers.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post

What can I say? I'm bored on a Friday afternoon...

Arctic White, red/gray

A huge majority of corvettes sold are not the top dog ZR1s or Z06s. Chevy cares about middle aged and senior citizen men and women who can afford the base c6s because that is where they make there money on from the corvette.

A huge majority of corvettes sold are not the top dog ZR1s or Z06s. Chevy cares about middle aged and senior citizen men and women who can afford the base c6s because that is where they make there money on from the corvette.
    Thank you for rewording what I already stated in my first point. 5.0 and I have been discussing the second. The ZR1 barely lost to the Viper- barely. It's splitting hairs. I stated that I was curious to see what GM has up its sleeve over the next couple of years. Being that the out going ZR1 barely lost? I'm sure the C7 variant, if and when it's built- will crush the new Viper.

red
    95 Z28

You're trying too hard. I'm sorry my opinion bothered you that much. How's your C6 treating you?

By the way I haven't had an LT1 car in a lot of years. Might want to try to find some new material.

Arctic White, red/gray

Thank you for rewording what I already stated in my first point. 5.0 and I have been discussing the second. The ZR1 barely lost to the Viper- barely. It's splitting hairs. I stated that I was curious to see what GM has up its sleeve over the next couple of years. Being that the out going ZR1 barely lost? I'm sure the C7 variant, if and when it's built- will crush the new Viper.
    Most likely but I think 5.0s point is chevy clearly doesn't care too much about it. Dodge comes out with a brand new car, and the comes out with a new special editions whose sole purpose was to beat the zr1 around 1 track. Chevy could have done the exact same thing with either the new c7 or the going out c6. Car manufactures do it often, create a special edition, one final hoorah version of their top dog car that is more track oriented.... but chevy hasn't and so far no news of there being one. Instead they create a z06 convertible which isn't as fast as the cars they currently have. They also clearly do not care about it regarding the c7 either. We do not see them(yet anyway) trying to rush a new model out the doors with big power. I am sure GM will have high end models and I am excited to see what they come up with but the point is they do not care to the point where they are changing their planning or budgeting to get it out the door asap.

I believe that a majority of vette owners couldn't even tell you the times of either the zr1 or viper. Most do not track their cars, most have never even been to a track day.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

GT500 looks to be the underdog in this poll...

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    GT500 looks to be the underdog in this poll...
    Go figure lol on a GM site.

Not to mention the corvette is a superior car in almost everyway. The only thing it lacks is the hp of the stang and back seats.

Now if ford still made the ford GT I would have a tough time picking a vette over that. Those cars are pure awesomenessism... except for the fact that they seem to have crazy electrical gremlins.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-02-2013 at 12:21 PM.

red
    95 Z28

Most likely but I think 5.0s point is chevy clearly doesn't care too much about it. Dodge comes out with a brand new car, and the comes out with a new special editions whose sole purpose was to beat the zr1 around 1 track. Chevy could have done the exact same thing with either the new c7 or the going out c6. Car manufactures do it often, create a special edition, one final hoorah version of their top dog car that is more track oriented.... but chevy hasn't and so far no news of there being one. Instead they create a z06 convertible which isn't as fast as the cars they currently have. They also clearly do not care about it regarding the c7 either. We do not see them(yet anyway) trying to rush a new model out the doors with big power. I am sure GM will have high end models and I am excited to see what they come up with but the point is they do not care to the point where they are changing their planning or budgeting to get it out the door asap.

I believe that a majority of vette owners couldn't even tell you the times of either the zr1 or viper. Most do not track their cars, most have never even been to a track day.
    I think it was a case of Dodge completely redoing the viper, and when it comes out, it runs on par with a corvette that is at the end if its' life cycle. I'm sure GM was pretty happy that their ZR1 that was designed five+ years ago is still good enough to run even with Dodge's brand new Viper. Hence them not caring. A new ZR1 is coming, and I doubt GM has anything to gain by trying to instantly top the Viper. Dodge just didn't set the bar that high with the new Viper. And that seems to be the prevailing opinion of a lot of Viper fanatics.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    ^^
    This, add a few bolt ons and it will be faster then the GT500
    Faster for about a total of 45 minutes. By then the GT500 would gain 75 HP with a CAI and tune. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as to basic mods on a GT500.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You're trying too hard. I'm sorry my opinion bothered you that much. How's your C6 treating you?

By the way I haven't had an LT1 car in a lot of years. Might want to try to find some new material.
    It didn't, I was bored at work and nothing passes time like meaningless shit talking on the internet. The C6 is a bad mother fucker as always thanks.

red
    95 Z28

It didn't, I was bored at work and nothing passes time like meaningless shit talking on the internet. The C6 is a bad mother fucker as always thanks.

So you actually do own a C6?

That was just a guess on my part. lol

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    Faster for about a total of 45 minutes. By then the GT500 would gain 75 HP with a CAI and tune. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as to basic mods on a GT500.
    It's too bad you couldn't make it lose 600 to 800 pounds in 45 minutes too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information