Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't share your enthusiasm for that choice Sherman. Good luck getting around in the snow in that. More than 3-4" and your done.
    We had front wheel drives back East, it's okay for light snow, but when you get dumped on (and you will) you'll be plowing snow with the front bumper and then it's tow truck time
    Got our first 4x4 living in Ohio back in the mid 80's, and never looked back. Everyone should have a 4x4 in the arsenol.

Maybe you need to think about moving out here to the desert South West
    My first car was a little FWD four-banger (1998 Cavalier) and I grew up in Michigan. When the snow got over six inches I was one of the only people on the road and went out to visit my snowed-in friends. There's a lot to be said for light weight and momentum. Ironically I now live in the desert southwest myself (will relocate to MI at the first opportunity) and drive a 400+hp Chevy 4x4 but back in Michigan the only places i drove my 4x4 Cherokee that I could not have taken the Cavalier involved no roads whatsoever.
    Last edited by RJWZ28; 01-15-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    My first car was a little FWD four-banger (1998 Cavalier) and I grew up in Michigan. When the snow got over six inches I was one of the only people on the road and went out to visit my snowed-in friends. There's a lot to be said for light weight and momentum. Ironically I now live in the desert southwest myself (will relocate to MI at the first opportunity) and drive a 400+hp Chevy 4x4 but back in Michigan the only places i drove my 4x4 Cherokee that I could not have taken the Cavalier involved no roads whatsoever.
    I've always had a 4x4 since i could drive, but after this weekends snow storm we got i think this little car will do fine. Busted through drifts just fine, the only problem I had was following a semi trailer and getting caught in his tracks. that being said I'll be looking for a truck this summer, too many things I'd like to have my own truck for like moving shit around. just a hassle to have to go to one of my brothers or dad to borrow their truck for ten minutes haha.

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    My first car was a little FWD four-banger (1998 Cavalier) and I grew up in Michigan. When the snow got over six inches I was one of the only people on the road and went out to visit my snowed-in friends.
    Michigan and Cavaliers...where else do I know that substitution for a truck. Oh yeah, now I remember.

Speaking of winter rides and the Yukon/Tahoe everybody needs....

Last edited by NaviDyn; 01-22-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Thread Information