Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You know all Marines go to Heaven Now. They dont send them to Hell anymore. They were so many of them down there, Satan was afraid they would take over.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    Listen airman, if my ass is on the slab i want to know that people back home are questioning the who/what/when/where/why of my ass being on the slab. You don't just blindly follow.

If you were president and people were grilling you non-stop over this war and others you would do everything in your power to do things right, timely, and in order because you know the american people will eat you alive if you fuck up. You don't just give someone a free pass and let them do what they want, the american people must look over the shoulder of the president and hold him accountable for the saftey of the troops in harms way.

A very good example is that troop that said "WTF?" to rumsfeld about the armor plates for the GOV's. The american people heard that and went ape shit and if you don't believe things got into high gear because of that you are fooling yourself.

The president works for the american people and the american people want to make sure things are going right.
    Actually, yes you do. You do as your told when your told to do it and you don't question it unelss it violates the UCMJ (ex. killing civilians). You let the people above you worry about the reasons and you just do the work. Thats the way the military is. Anyone who has been in long enough knows this.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

The American people know just what the Military want them to know . If the guys overseas do something that the Gov dont want you to know about, you wont know it..

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    Actually, yes you do. You do as your told when your told to do it and you don't question it unelss it violates the UCMJ (ex. killing civilians). You let the people above you worry about the reasons and you just do the work. Thats the way the military is. Anyone who has been in long enough knows this.
    You are confusing work with thought. The job the miliitary wants you to do has nothing to do with your political beliefs.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

You are confusing work with thought. The job the miliitary wants you to do has nothing to do with your political beliefs.
    Actually it kinda does. If you don't belive what the military/government is doing maybe you should get out or not have signed up in the first place.

Mexican killed my car

Actually it kinda does. If you don't belive what the military/government is doing maybe you should get out or not have signed up in the first place.

So because i disagree with the Iraq war policy i'm not fit to protect my country?

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

So because i disagree with the Iraq war policy i'm not fit to protect my country?
    If you dissagree that being over in Iraq is not protecting our country and that is the direction our military/government is moving in and will be in for decades (we will be in iraq for several years to come) then yes.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

are you in the service CCM???

Mexican killed my car

If you dissagree that being over in Iraq is not protecting our country and that is the direction our military/government is moving in and will be in for decades (we will be in iraq for several years to come) then yes.
    Other shit goes on besides Iraq scooter. When i first went in i didn't like the idea of us being in south korea. But i was still in, and when 9/11 happened i was the one getting the 20mm rounds ready for the f-15's flying around.

If you think Iraq is all the military is around for you are sadly mistaken. I still support the afgan offensive, i support going into iran, and whatever else may happen.

I'm sorry that you with your "wealth of military experience" here doesn't believe i should fight for my country because i don't support a policy, but show me one person military or civilian that agrees with all the policies of their workplace.

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    are you in the service CCM???
    I just got off active duty so the wife can work her career, and i'm getting ready to sign up for the air national guard here.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

so you and Capster are/were with the Air Force???

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Just establishing that a person that has been or is in , knows more about what is going on and what they are talking about ...

Mexican killed my car

yeah

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Other shit goes on besides Iraq scooter. When i first went in i didn't like the idea of us being in south korea. But i was still in, and when 9/11 happened i was the one getting the 20mm rounds ready for the f-15's flying around.

If you think Iraq is all the military is around for you are sadly mistaken. I still support the afgan offensive, i support going into iran, and whatever else may happen.

I'm sorry that you with your "wealth of military experience" here doesn't believe i should fight for my country because i don't support a policy, but show me one person military or civilian that agrees with all the policies of their workplace.
    I know that not the only place we are at right now, but the fight is generally the same everywhere we are at. Human rights and protection against terrorism. I don't understand how you can support afghanistan and iran but not iraq. Imagine if we had left Iraq the way it was. The instability in the middle east as it was.. not you have Iran fixing to build nukes and afghanistan with a rising rigime of militants quickly gaining support. Who is going to give? You think that they will all be satisfied within the confines of their own countries. When the smoke clears who will control the oil? People always are saying its all about the oil. So who would you rather be in control of it?

By the way, my mom served 20 years, my uncle served 20 years, my cousin served 8 years in the marines, both my grandparents served 20 years. It runs in the family and I grew up in it as a child of a single parent who deployed to Iraq and spent 4 years in the phillipines as well. I have 1 year under my belt right now. Ill be leaving for Kunsan ABS in Korea here in about 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Capster78; 04-05-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Mexican killed my car

I don't understand how you can support afghanistan and iran but not iraq. Imagine if we had left Iraq the way it was. The instability in the middle east as it was..
    If you think we are going to have any control over stablizing the middle east anytime in our lifetimes you need to send me that shit you are smoking.

not you have Iran fixing to build nukes and afghanistan with a rising rigime of militants quickly gaining support. Who is going to give?
    I support the job in afghanistan and iran

You think that they will all be satisfied within the confines of their own countries. When the smoke clears who will control the oil? People always are saying its all about the oil. So who would you rather be in control of it?
    We aren't in control of it and we won't be. Thanks to this invasion we have traded one enemy of the USA (saddam) for a pro-iran government in iraq. Things are just going to get peachy now.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

If you think we are going to have any control over stablizing the middle east anytime in our lifetimes you need to send me that shit you are smoking.

I support the job in afghanistan and iran

We aren't in control of it and we won't be. Thanks to this invasion we have traded one enemy of the USA (saddam) for a pro-iran government in iraq. Things are just going to get peachy now.
    It can be done, it will just take a great deal of time. This is why we are over there and will be over there for a very long time. We may never completly control it, I agree with you there. We may, however, be able to confine it or buffer it so It does not get worse than it is.
    Last edited by Capster78; 04-05-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

WOW Korea. Now there is a hot spot. This thing in Iraq is nothing compared to what that could turn into

Mexican killed my car

It can be done, it will just take a great deal of time. This is why we are over there and will be over there for a very long time.
    It won't be done in our lifetimes or our children's lifetimes. You can't force democracy on people that don't want it.

I don't agree with iraq, but i would do my job to maybe help save the lives of the guys we have on the ground there. If those army types run into a shitload of crazies that outnumber them i want to be the one that helps out with the air support to give them a hand. I'm not fighting for a "free iraq" i'm fighting to help our guys come home alive.

That is how you support the troops without supporting the policy of this war.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Not to mention, ill be serving a 2 year tour there. There has always been tension there between North and South Korea. It won't take much to set that off all over again there. Especially with N. Korea threatening to start a nuclear program.

Mexican killed my car

Not to mention, ill be serving a 2 year tour there. There has always been tension there between North and South Korea. It won't take much to set that off all over again there. Especially with N. Korea threatening to start a nuclear program.
    North and South korea are getting friendly again. Most of the beef there is just between us and north korea. I don't see the north trying to take the south anytime soon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information