Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! i hate that.. its not that i hate camaros.... i lady said to me TONIGHT actually... "so you traded that bike for a camaro" i just smiled and said yea i guess i did......

i thought of this.. try to make sense, its kind of confusing.......

trans ams look NOTHING like camaros.. not at all.. most people have never seen one, or havnt paid attention when they did.. so WHY THE HELL when they finally do see one put it together in their head that what they are seeing is a camaro?? it would be the same as calling a mini cooper a truck..

^^^ hope that made sense..
    kinda, but they do have similar bodies. so they aren't completely different. I love both of them. ta, camaro. all v8s

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

i was in no way downing camaros.....

by JUST looking at bodies.. if you have NEVER seen a camaro or trans am.. you wouldnt know that it was possible that they had same engine/chassis and stuff.. trans ams look more like exotics.. and much more expensive.. *usually

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Many kids around here buy Evo's and STI's. They do exhaust, intake, some do more, but they all think they are the shit and look down on our cars. When I had my WS6 my friend with the STI would always run his mouth until I killed him from a roll AND a dig. Now that its gone he thinks he is the shit again. Oh well, I hope to get another LS1 when tax returns come in.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Many kids around here buy Evo's and STI's. They do exhaust, intake, some do more, but they all think they are the shit and look down on our cars. When I had my WS6 my friend with the STI would always run his mouth until I killed him from a roll AND a dig. Now that its gone he thinks he is the shit again. Oh well, I hope to get another LS1 when tax returns come in.
    Yeah i hear ya my town is full of kids w/ sti's,wrx, and evo's it seems like alot of the youth these days are not even aware of our cars and the respect they command nowa days since they have been out of production for so long ...its all about AWD 4 door farters

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    kinda, but they do have similar bodies. so they aren't completely different. I love both of them. ta, camaro. all v8s

...I really don't see how they at all resemble each other. So I get alittle confused when people say they do. First off TA's have more curves, from the front to the rear which the rear is most noticeable when you're driving. Secondly, they have more air ducts.
    Third, the TA's front pop-up lights. Forth, the big honeycomb tail-lights. Fifth, TA spoilers are bigger then Camaro's. Sixth, they have completely different ram air hoods, unless you get the aftermarket one that resembles the TA's for a Camaro. Seventh, different hubcaps. Eighth, we have a filler panel, Camaro's don't. Ninth, different side mirrors. The only way they are similar to me is the inside of the cars are KINDA the same. However, their engines and other mechanical parts ARE the same. I like them both too, but they have their differences body wise also.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    ...I really don't see how they at all resemble each other. Seventh, different hubcaps. .
    Who has hubcaps? But anyway.. 4th gens prob have the most differences bewteen cars compared to the other gens.. but they all do share similar lines, etc. But to someone that does something (like sewing..) A stitch is a stitch to us.. but to them.. "Oh no! How can you not tell the difference?"
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Who has hubcaps? But anyway.. 4th gens prob have the most differences bewteen cars compared to the other gens.. but they all do share similar lines, etc. But to someone that does something (like sewing..) A stitch is a stitch to us.. but to them.. "Oh no! How can you not tell the difference?"
    ...my fault. Rims. But yeah, they do share some of the same characteristics, but between the two they are unique. I never have called a Camaro a Firebird, or a Firebird a Camaro. An SS a Trans Am, or a Trans Am an SS. I wasn't trying to argue about it, just the difference's I've always seen which to me verify them as different body wise.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I never have called a Camaro a Firebird, or a Firebird a Camaro. An SS a Trans Am, or a Trans Am an SS.
    I should hope not, lol.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

haha..

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I've got a WS6 Camaro according to some people.

Pewter
    2000 WS.6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    I can definetely Relate to what you have all said.
    I bought my first Firebird in Spring 1990 (`79 Trans Am) and have owned nothing but Birds since (`94 Formula `98 Formula).
    These Cars are obviuosly built for Enthusiast, and we will allways love and appreciate them. For every 1 person you meet that likes your car there are 10 that could care less and 5 of them want to put you down or make stupid uninformed comments about it.
    The punk kids that always want to mess around don't bother me as much cause I was arrogant and full of angst once just like them.
    I look at it this way My LS1 turned 10 yrs old last month and it is still capable of blowing the doors off of 95% of what is out on the road today. It is the last gasp of pure muscle from a line of cars that in Enthsiast circles has become somewhat of and Icon. So go out there run through the gears and enjoy your little peice of History. And don't worry about the Na sayers their just pissed because they can't go by a new one anymore.
    Im so upset - i see that you have a 98 formy nbm m6....I had one too! but she got repoed due to some f'd up circumstances... Congratulations on STILL owning 1 of 22... I had no idea mine was so rare!!

Black
    2000 T/A

...I really don't see how they at all resemble each other. So I get alittle confused when people say they do. First off TA's have more curves, from the front to the rear which the rear is most noticeable when you're driving. Secondly, they have more air ducts.
    Third, the TA's front pop-up lights. Forth, the big honeycomb tail-lights. Fifth, TA spoilers are bigger then Camaro's. Sixth, they have completely different ram air hoods, unless you get the aftermarket one that resembles the TA's for a Camaro. Seventh, different hubcaps. Eighth, we have a filler panel, Camaro's don't. Ninth, different side mirrors. The only way they are similar to me is the inside of the cars are KINDA the same. However, their engines and other mechanical parts ARE the same. I like them both too, but they have their differences body wise also.
    not to get you down but....
    the only diference in the cars.....are the body panels, from the doors forward, the factory wheels(which are very similar, but different enough to keep everyone happy) and the rear hatch spoiler, a t/a hatch will fit a camaro and vice versa, why would u do that? idk, and the rear bumper, tail lights, valence etc. are also different.

other differences are some interior parts, like the door panels, and logos.

People mistake my Z28 for a bird, or a vette, and always mistook the bird for a camaro. people are just ignorant.

but get a Mitsubishi Evo 9 and people will be able to tell u how much psi it pushes stock...I'm like

Damn you Paul Walker.....you've cursed us all.... there will be 1000 years of rice..

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    the only diference in the cars.....are the body panels, from the doors forward, the factory wheels(which are very similar, but different enough to keep everyone happy) and the rear hatch spoiler, a t/a hatch will fit a camaro and vice versa, why would u do that? idk, and the rear bumper, tail lights, valence etc. are also different.

People mistake my Z28 for a bird, or a vette, and always mistook the bird for a camaro. people are just ignorant.

but get a Mitsubishi Evo 9 and people will be able to tell u how much psi it pushes stock...I'm like

Damn you Paul Walker.....you've cursed us all.... there will be 1000 years of rice..

...you're not getting me down, just proving my point even more, you just don't realize it, haha. And yeah, ofcourse people know about Evo 9's, and other imported cars. We live in an importers world right now. For every one muscle car guy, there will be ten importers that will always try running their mouths. Just go to a car meet. ...god forbid if my TA isnt good on gas mileage, or can't drift, or do whatever else an import could do.
    Stock we are limited at some levels, modded / tuned...f*ck imports. I'll give credit where it is due, but you still wont be seeing me in an import anytime soon.

...im just going to call a truce. To those of you who want to call a Camaro and Firebird the same car, go ahead. Whatever. To me there are differences within the 4th generation cars, dispite the same characteristics. All I was really trying to say was reguardless they are unique in their own way.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

All I was really trying to say was reguardless they are unique in their own way.

Well said.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Well said.
    Haha, thank you.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post

Also some other differences with the interior are the vents and the gauge cluster and the raido just an fyi.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    Also some other differences with the interior are the vents and the gauge cluster and the raido just an fyi.
    the gauge cluster is different???

do u mean the lights color?

because, that's all I see diff....

I miss my bird....

Dark Blue
    99 Firebird LS1 6 Speed

I dont know..I get good reactions everytime i drive my car..lol..Probably because i'm a tiny girl driving a huge 6 speed thats loud enough to be heard down the street..Although my dad always gives me crap about gas mileage, even though he drives a SRT10..What the hell..Its the price i pay for driving my dream car.. I love my bird..

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyBird View Post
    I dont know..I get good reactions everytime i drive my car..lol..Probably because i'm a tiny girl driving a huge 6 speed thats loud enough to be heard down the street..Although my dad always gives me crap about gas mileage, even though he drives a SRT10..What the hell..Its the price i pay for driving my dream car.. I love my bird..
    ha, a gorgeous girl driving a gorgeous car. what more could a guy ask for

White with Black Stripe
    1995 Trans Am

I've had some shit from people too. Everybody generally loves the car (chicks too lol) but some people are weird.

I was filling up my TA today and one of the gas attendants talks to me over the loudspeaker. He said "hey man I'll give you a quarter for your car" I just laughed and said very funny but I'm not sure what to make of it. I think he meant it as a compliment but who cares. Gave him a nice deep courtesy rev as I left

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information