Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: owned by evo

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I love this place. True American Muscle enthusiast here

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

canadian muscle.....get it right!!! mustangs and old school camaros are american muscle

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    HAHAHAHA

Hell no. Not even close. The VIII's dyno'd around 235WHP, the 9's dyn0 250WHP. Highest I've ever heard of was 260WHP, and those numbers were probably fidged anyway.

If you got pulled by an Evo from a roll he was definitely modded. Stock for stock an LS1 will destroy any Evo from a roll.

The 2003-2004's dyno 225-230whp, that is correct. THe 2005s dyno up to 250whp (like mine did). Most 2006 (9s) are doing 260-270whp. There have been tons of 270whp stock 9s.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Wesman is probably and avid oreilly factor fan and is still trying to put an end to the war on christmas. Anyone with half a brain can see that Wesman was proven wrong and decided to go off on a tyrade about the only short coming he could find.....NO SHIT A TURBO CAR DOESNT HAVE ASS LOADS OF LOW END TQ WHEN THE TURBO ISNT SPOOLED.
    We have a genuine O'Reilly protoge' here, maybe hell even be a senator some day, being able to ignore obvious facts over and over shit youre half way there.

Not to take sides here, but I dont understand the argument...

Under 3k RPMS, hes making ~145lb-ft torque. Ok, is that enough to get him from point a to b? Seriously, is less than that enough to pull the heavy car to Wal-mart? (I am really asking cuz then Ill take a side) If the car can move, then Id say driveability is fine.

If he got to a light and figured he was going to race on the street, I doubt hell launch at 3k rpms, but launch at a higher rpm. Possibly not 6500 cuz of possible wheel spin, but higher than 3k.

So!

You got a car that can be tame on the street when it wants to and fast on the street when it wants to.

If my car is running 12s, gets decent mileage, is a daily driver, but has 90lbs of torque at 2000rpms, I couldnt see why Id care.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Im rather surprised it is still open
    it's still open, because i am letting it sldie for now. it's starting to get into personal attacks, which i won't tolerate.

wesman - is an avid domestic car person. has a hatred for an import car. looks for any way possible to discredit the car.

4tun8 - is an avid import car person. sees a need to defend the import when the need arises.

i see nothing wrong with either peron at that juncture. it's when the personal attracks come out that i step in.

you know, i used to hate imports, no matter what they did. i got over it and came up with this analagy:

there are two types of performance car people. racers and ricers. regardless of them being domestic or import.

racer = someone who takes their car and modify it to run quicker.

ricer = someone who buys every little knick knack on the market, puts it on their car and 'thinks' it'll outrun everyone on the road.

i know they are spelled very closely to one another.

i consider 4tun8 and stonesrt4 to be racers. they didn't run off and put 22" wheels and 10ft tall wings on their car and come here spouting how they can beat ls1 cars.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

EVO's are nice rides with good technology. But, we love muscle cars here. Muscle car sound, looks, and attitude. So naturally we are gonna bash on imports. It is all in jest for me. Others might take it seriously.

Personally, I think EE and 4tun8 have quick and nice rides. The sound is a turnoff, and the 4 cylinder unfortunately, but still nice none the less.

If these guys had went the LS1 way, they would prolly have low 11 second cars that most of us would drool after.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

If these guys had went the LS1 way, they would prolly have low 11 second cars that most of us would drool after.
    I would end up doing something stupid with an LS1 car haha, I have connections with Turbo people....so I'd probably do twins and meth injection, speed density, and a host of traction mods.

I'm running 11s now on the 4 banger, if I'm going with double the cylinders I wouldn't be happy unless it was single digits haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    EVO's are nice rides with good technology. But, we love muscle cars here. Muscle car sound, looks, and attitude. So naturally we are gonna bash on imports. It is all in jest for me. Others might take it seriously.

Personally, I think EE and 4tun8 have quick and nice rides. The sound is a turnoff, and the 4 cylinder unfortunately, but still nice none the less.

Most understand that, its just that sometimes people take it to an ignorant level which is uncalled for. I have absoutely nothing agaisnt American cars. My choice was between the EVO and a C5 Z06. I ended up getting the EVO b/c the Z was 2x as much for insurance. I still plan to get a Z someday! BTW, if you dont like the sound of a 4banger, get an 02 dump or an external wastegate

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

An 02 dump? I took a lot of dumps in 02. About 365.

Seriously though, what do you mean an 02 dump? You have an exhaust cutout after the 02 sensor or sumthin'?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Most understand that, its just that sometimes people take it to an ignorant level which is uncalled for. I have absoutely nothing agaisnt American cars. My choice was between the EVO and a C5 Z06. I ended up getting the EVO b/c the Z was 2x as much for insurance. I still plan to get a Z someday! BTW, if you dont like the sound of a 4banger, get an 02 dump or an external wastegate
    +1 I heard an evo with an open wastegate before...oh my gosh its sex to your ears.

Ash, this must have been the race you were tellin me about the other night. We'll go Evo hunting here soon enough. If 4tun wants to meet up and make some pulls...440 hp might make a good race

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    Ash, this must have been the race you were tellin me about the other night. We'll go Evo hunting here soon enough. If 4tun wants to meet up and make some pulls...440 hp might make a good race

Definitely, I'm heading up to Beaver Springs in about an hour, you guys should head up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    An 02 dump? I took a lot of dumps in 02. About 365.

Seriously though, what do you mean an 02 dump? You have an exhaust cutout after the 02 sensor or sumthin'?
    It releases the exhaust from the turbo's wastegate to the atmosphere. Normally, the wastegate exhaust is rerouted into the system.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Definitely, I'm heading up to Beaver Springs in about an hour, you guys should head up.
    is that the track you usually race at? cecil or maple grove for me. i won't have mine back until next week and then i have to go through the break in process. i'll be taking it down to the west chester area once everything is good to go if you want to meet up

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    If you want to run another evo and video tape it and you're local to central pa (your profile says pa) you can run me, from a roll or dig doesnt matter either, would be a good time.
    since i started all this i guess ill jump in and post..
    well if you'd like to race me im down, although keep in mind it sounds like you have a heavily moded evo, and im a stock LS1.
    will, evo hunting sounds fun. count me in.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

This is my first time racing at Beaver....normally cecil or maple grove for me. Are you doing the Pinks all out competition at Maple Grove? I got in for that, should be interesting to race for 10 grand =p

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    since i started all this i guess ill jump in and post..
    well if you'd like to race me im down, although keep in mind it sounds like you have a heavily moded evo, and im a stock LS1.
    will, evo hunting sounds fun. count me in.
    who says you'll run him in your car

This is my first time racing at Beaver....normally cecil or maple grove for me. Are you doing the Pinks all out competition at Maple Grove? I got in for that, should be interesting to race for 10 grand =p

nah i didn't. if i were going to enter something serious like that i'd put a TH400 in.

I think Wesman really isnt explaining very well what he is trying to say. A car like that Evo with tons of top end power and nothing down low really isnt a fun car to drive, to me and I think to Wesman to. With the evo modfied like that, you have to go WOT and bring the boost up to do anything with it. With cars that make more lowend torque with either engine power or gears in the rear end, you can have fun all day long at half throttle lighting the tires up, dicking around, etc etc, without ever having to do up to 6k+. If you do not build boost in 4 cylinder cars, they dont go anywhere.

That I think is why he is saying its not a usuable power band for a street car. For a track car, who cares about low end, you are at your upper power band the entire length of the track.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information