Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by The Project View Post
    Does this mean we're going to have the 10th, 20th, 60th anniversary memorials on this.
    Yearly!

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Yearly!
    The Memorial Cruise has grown every year! 82 cars last year. Should crack 100 this year weather permitting...Look for the post in the Eastern Section.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by DKITCHEN View Post
    The Memorial Cruise has grown every year! 82 cars last year. Should crack 100 this year weather permitting...Look for the post in the Eastern Section.
    I will have to check the post out. 100 perfomance cars... I know they could not be all f-bodys.. But hell T-Tops off.. American flags waving out the T-tops... And the thump of true duals and a cam... Would bring tears to my eyes as I cruised.

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

6th grade when this happened... Didn't know to much about what was going on.. But it sure does suck.. God Bless everyone involved and God Bless the USA!

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Yearly!

That's what I'm afraid of. Heck I remember seeing the 60th...or was it 65th anniversary on Pearl Harbour. Isn't it time to let go

Let me understand this.....you got a few buildings blown up (and people died)....welcome to the real world.

You are NOT safe...enjoy your life.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

That's what I'm afraid of. Heck I remember seeing the 60th...or was it 65th anniversary on Pearl Harbour. Isn't it time to let go

Let me understand this.....you got a few buildings blown up (and people died)....welcome to the real world.

If you are in Canada.... WTF does it matter to you?

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    If you are in Canada.... WTF does it matter to you?
    Just stating my opinion...plain and simple...and yup Canadian by choice

I just don't understand why a yearly rememberance...time to move forward, not look back.

Maybe finish (or start building) the freedom tower or whatever that memorial is...it's taking an awfully long time.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Just stating my opinion...plain and simple...and yup Canadian by choice

I just don't understand why a yearly rememberance...time to move forward, not look back.

Maybe finish (or start building) the freedom tower or whatever that memorial is...it's taking an awfully long time.
    Blame Canada.

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Blame Canada.
    Yup I guess

Not feeling the here

Problem is...a lot of the world blames the USA and loves

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Let it go? Are you f'n crazy?

No, we don't let things like that go here in the USA! We remember and honor those that gave their lives for our freedom!

And we remember the lives of those that were taken away on 9/11.

And, we don't forget who did it either.

What can I say ... I hold a bit of a grudge.

Let it go?

I don't think so!

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Let it go? Are you f'n crazy?

No, we don't let things like that go here in the USA! We remember and honor those that gave their lives for our freedom!

And we remember the lives of those that were taken away on 9/11.

And, we don't forget who did it either.

What can I say ... I hold a bit of a grudge.

Let it go?

I don't think so!
    You know.....holding a grudge isn't good for your health. I hear yoga helps.

If you know who did it...why are you in IRAQ?? Seroiusly.

Just make sure you hold the "grudge" against the right group of people. Why on earth were Sikh's in the USA killed after the attack? Just for being Sikh's? And, why were Sikh temples fire bombed? No one knew the difference between a Taliban and a Sikh?????????? Someone needs to get out more!!

The US had 1 (that's one) attack on your own soil...Many countries have been victims of terrorist attacks (not just the US).

Remember the bombing campain of the IRA in England 20 odd years ago where women and children were killed? After a while people just learned to accept it. Ask yourself this....why did it stop????

It drives me nuts that the same things are done and said year after year. I guess it makes good news and "special reports". Can't wait for "9/11, 10 years later. What have we learned. A CNN special report".

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by DKITCHEN View Post

Sounds awesome!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Just make sure you hold the "grudge" against the right group of people. Why on earth were Sikh's in the USA killed after the attack? Just for being Sikh's? And, why were Sikh temples fire bombed? No one knew the difference between a Taliban and a Sikh?????????? Someone needs to get out more!!

The US had 1 (that's one) attack on your own soil...Many countries have been victims of terrorist attacks (not just the US).

Remember the bombing campain of the IRA in England 20 odd years ago where women and children were killed? After a while people just learned to accept it. Ask yourself this....why did it stop????

It drives me nuts that the same things are done and said year after year. I guess it makes good news and "special reports". Can't wait for "9/11, 10 years later. What have we learned. A CNN special report".
    Wow, you just don't get it. That's OK. You don't need to.

I wonder if you'd feel different if it was your mother who was killed on 9/11. Or, maybe your father, or brother or sister or spouse.

Maybe not.

I know it's the real world as you put it. But now it's hit our soil. And we're not going to let it go... This shit has to stop. Everywhere. And that's what our country fights for. Freedom and security. For all.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

To remember thoose that have fallen. To remember them on that day once a year. We use these days to honor thoose that have fallen for our freedom.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I'm watching the news feed from 9/11 as it happened. Just watched the plane hit the 2nd building. So hard to watch.

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

Wow, you just don't get it. That's OK. You don't need to.
    Problem is I do get it.......but a lot of americans don't. They just wrap themselves in the flag and sit in the sand.

I wonder if you'd feel different if it was your mother who was killed on 9/11. Or, maybe your father, or brother or sister or spouse.
    I have lost a wife and 2 year old daughter to attacks. TRUST me I get it a lot more than most. However, I go after the right people and don't make mistakes or shoot people in the streets of the USA.

I know it's the real world as you put it. But now it's hit our soil. And we're not going to let it go... This shit has to stop. Everywhere. And that's what our country fights for. Freedom and security. For all.
    It's just the first attack. There will probably be more...unfortunately.

"Freedom and security. For all" I highly doubt it. If your fights were just...you'd be loved not hated by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    To remember thoose that have fallen. To remember them on that day once a year. We use these days to honor thoose that have fallen for our freedom.
    ..."to honor thoose that have fallen for our freedom" Aren't you talking about Vetern's (ie Rememberance) Day?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I'm watching the news feed from 9/11 as it happened. Just watched the plane hit the 2nd building. So hard to watch.

None of that footage will ever be easy to watch.

Ever...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

..."to honor thoose that have fallen for our freedom" Aren't you talking about Vetern's (ie Rememberance) Day?
    Um, Veterans Day and Memorial Day and any other day we feel like as well.

I'm sorry for your loss. And, if you want to just let it go, then let it go. That is your choice. Don't tell me too.

People and even nations may hate us. But we're always the first they all run to when they need help! Interesting isn't it?

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by 980birds View Post
    There is a political/debate forum for this.
    This is a thread about 9/11, and I'm just stating how I view this day. It was a coup pulled off by our government to advance our global interests. I hate it, I will NEVER recognize it as any type of holiday, and it also gives me an image of an Eagle crying, but for different reasons.

There is absolutely no comparing this day to Pearl Harbor either. We had a clear mission after Pearl Harbor and in the end we won the day.

When will the "War on Terror" be won? The War on Terror is B.S., the department of homeland security is B.S., and the Patriot Acts are B.S.

Fuck 9/11.

Yes people died. It was terrible. But what we did after it was much worse, and the future isn't looking any brighter.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Trolls have found this thread.

I call BS on a couple of remarks here, but nonetheless:

America could care less what the rest of the world thinks. We are appreciative of true allies who support and grieve with us, but we have learned the hard way that too many countries are ambivalent in their dealings with the USA and cannot be relied upon. To them - since they won't lead - they can either follow or get the hell out of the way. Funny how the "diplomatic" countries always seem to be able to do that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information