Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Mustang GT

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    i have yet to lose to a 05+ mustang

Is that a big surprise? Look at your RWHP. Do the Z28's and SS's come with that kind of power stock? If so, I'll admit that i'm wrong . Run into an 05/06 Mustang with some stage 2 cams and then come back and talk to me assuming the stang has an equivilent driver as yourself.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardTurbos
    No lie, I beat him by more than five. Why is that so hard to believe? A 300hp car vs. a 350+ hp car? Did you also miss the part of my post where I said it was a vert?
    It's not hard to believe that you beat the Mustang, it's hard to believe some of the things on here though, since I've seen the two cars go head to head and also have raced one myself. Also, I've driven an ls1 before too. Then again, most guys on here are racing 05/06's with 50 to 100 more RWHp than stock too, which explains the stories.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    i will never understand why there are mustang owners on this site tring to back up their cars, dudes there will ALWAYS be a rival / supremisy issue with the mustang vs. the camaro so dont try to regulate on this site
    I'd regulate on the street if I could. I just don't get a chance too. Okay, gotta go to the Mach 1 board to expose the lies and throw up the ole
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-05-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    I'd regulate on the street if I could. I just don't get a chance too. Okay, gotta go to the Mach 1 board to expose the lies and throw up the ole
    Mustangs don't rule these streets, LS1's do.
    GT (left) vs. LS1

FORD SUCKS!

but Cobra's are nice

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

An Ls1 has never ruled me yet. It better have some serious tricks under the hood if I run into one.
    My Stang sucks a lot of air through this C&L intake I have.
    Anyway, Here's another vid I just ran into today of another sorry 05/06 whooping up on an 03 Cobra. Modded I'm sure, but according to you guys, this car may get into the 13's with a 200 shot and a supercharger.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f...7b89409097.htm
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-08-2006 at 12:37 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I know, I know. Ls1's run times like that with only Cold air intake right?

wicked heritage

BLACK
    2006 FORD V6 MUSTANG

what's up guy i'm new up here i'm a 100% mustang lover but i love camaro's my cousin got's a ss supersport camaro. i love it is a nice sweet car and is fast as f@#$ and he loves my 06 black mustang and my othere cousin got's a trans am wr6. i think mustang's vs camaro's vs trans am's vs gto. i think the s@#$ is stuped because the real enemi is the ricerocket's not the american mucle car's so that's what i think. i'm from oceanside,
    Last edited by STANDSPEED; 06-08-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by STANDSPEED
    what's up guy i'm new up here i'm a 100% mustang lover but i love camaro's my cousin got's a ss supersport camaro. i love it is a nice sweet car and is fast as f@#$ and he loves my 06 black mustang and my othere cousin got's a trans am wr6. i think mustang's vs camaro's vs trans am's vs gto. i think the s@#$ is stuped because the real enemi is the ricerocket's not the american mucle car's so that's what i think. i'm from oceanside,
    I'd actually agree with you on that cept one thing. I'd get the Nissan skyline or the Supra. Those cars can be insane. I guess I don't care. If a car is fast, I want to drive it.

wicked heritage

BLACK
    2006 FORD V6 MUSTANG

is all good......but i don't like ricerocket's i now there fast but is not for me i'm a american mucle car fan........:firedevil............. and i'm from a car club call '' wicked heratige'' why we call it like that because where briging back the legends of the oldschool american mucle car's. we don't like import's is only mustang's / camaro's / gto's / trans am - fire birds/ you name it. so that why

Im gonna agree with stock 05+ mustangs are an embarrasment. Barely faster than old stangs with more HP.
    324hp/333tq

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    I thought the new '05+ GTs ran 0-60 in 5 flat? I keep hearing everywhere that they are running stock LS1 times now.

RED
    2000 WS6 TA

I don't know about the street or running from a roll or whatever. Go to the track for a day and watch. Stock Stang GTs are MID 14 SECOND CARS. LS1 with a few mods will bust high twelves on a good day. Mine will run low 12s with a cam and exaust. My friend's LT1 TA would turn high 13s STOCK. Does all depend on weather, temp, humidity etc etc, but for the most part a stock GT is good for 14s.

Quote Originally Posted by LS666
    I don't know about the street or running from a roll or whatever. Go to the track for a day and watch. Stock Stang GTs are MID 14 SECOND CARS. LS1 with a few mods will bust high twelves on a good day. Mine will run low 12s with a cam and exaust. My friend's LT1 TA would turn high 13s STOCK. Does all depend on weather, temp, humidity etc etc, but for the most part a stock GT is good for 14s.
    yeah in some fantasy land. Do you neverland or something?
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 06-09-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Camaro's, 05/06's Mustangs and Mach 1's are all so close that I decided to post these. Camaro's and Mach 1's both think the 05/06 can't hang so I thought I'd provide a little proof that they're wrong .
    I had to post this since this is supposed to be impossible assuming both drivers are honest about mods. The first vid ought to make you Ls1 guys happy.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...4C4C5B9C72.htm
    http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sz28camaro.flv

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...9989FD9A20.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...456F2B819C.htm
    You know I agree with you to a point that everyone exaggerates their "kills" and races on here but be realistic its a testosterone man driven website put together to stroke egos about each one of us having the fastest car in the world .. even though its not .. we love our cars and to each of us its the best.

But with that being said .. These videos are poorly done .. at night .. cant hardly see wtf is going on in them so really it doesnt back up much at all about whose faster. Races I like to see are those on a track side by side .. daylight.. time slips .. no bullshit about anything because its documented and its exactly the same circumstances.

My car looks damn good, its faster than most cars I drive by on a daily basis, and the audio visual system sounds amazing. These are all of the things I want in my car personally. Girls love it. I love it. I love girls in it while they love it ..

Mustangs will always be the our arch rivals as camaro drivers and vice versa. We all have different tastes and preferences. But whats really important is we all like American Muscle... Fast cars... Fine women .. and none of us are ... so cant we all just get along haha
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Black
    2000 Z28

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    I don't even waste my time anymore with GT's. Punks pull up and wanna race me all the time. I just rub my fingers together and ask how much? I've decided that beating on my SS against a GT should be worth something. If I posted every GT kill I'd be a thread hog. As far as the new mustang GT's go... They still suck ass like before. I'll never respect a naturally aspirated 4.6. Untill they come with the 5.4 they'll suck.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!

Blue
    2005 Corvette Z51

I've never seen a stock 05+ GT break 14 at the track. I saw A LOT of 14.3's and 14.4's...a few...very few...14.1's and 14.2's.

My stock 2000 SS A4 ran 13.9 and 13.6 on its two runs, and I forgot to let air out of the tires, so I spun a lot both times.

Since I sold the SS and got an 05 Z51 Vette, I don't even bother racing GTs anymore. I tried a Mach 1 (prolly a 2003) b/c I wasn't sure how fast they were. Evidently, not very. If it wasn't for the roaring of the guy's engine, I wouldn't have even thought he was racing me. LOL

RED
    2000 WS6 TA

"yeah in some fantasy land. Do you neverland or something?"

Truth hurts, I know, but it's the facts. Go spend some time at a local 1/4 and watch the new stangs. It's embarrassing for the fords. I don't what kind of mods will quicken them up, like the free mods or exaust work on an LSX car, but STOCK 05+ GTs are nothing to worry about for any STOCK LSX.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

the new gt's should be getting atleast 250 - 260 at the wheels. I would be sick if I bought a new stang and it only got 220 (or 120!??!?! like one guy said) at the wheels

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by rsuplita
    I've never seen a stock 05+ GT break 14 at the track. I saw A LOT of 14.3's and 14.4's...a few...very few...14.1's and 14.2's.

My stock 2000 SS A4 ran 13.9 and 13.6 on its two runs, and I forgot to let air out of the tires, so I spun a lot both times.

Since I sold the SS and got an 05 Z51 Vette, I don't even bother racing GTs anymore. I tried a Mach 1 (prolly a 2003) b/c I wasn't sure how fast they were. Evidently, not very. If it wasn't for the roaring of the guy's engine, I wouldn't have even thought he was racing me. LOL

I had an 01 cobra (same engine as the Mach 1)with exhaust, CAI, MAF, short-throw that I would occasionaly beat a stock c5 with. It would consistently beat any stock Lt1, vette, maro or firebird. It wouldn't even be close to the stock c6 that I own now. It sure was fun to drive though. Even with having the vette, I do miss that car!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information