Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z06

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    just incase you didn't know, the SS is faster
    What SS is faster than the Z06. If it ain't stroked, FI, or sprayed I don't think so. Please don't bash me guys I love the LS1, LS2, LS6, and LS7. I had an 01' WS6 with intake and exhaust. Is the 414 hp you have at the rear or the crank? I'm not an excellent gear jammer so you might take me but I think given equal drivers my car is faster. 3,200lbs and about 400hp to the rear.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Talking My Z06 Purchase

I got my Z06 with 7,200 miles on it, a clean car-fax, and everything in my sig. but the Predator tuner for $34,000 even.
    02' Z06 EB/EB 4.6K miles, Longtubes, Off-road X, Pypes X-back, Blackwing CAI, Comp. Cam 238/240-.605/.609-112LSA, Comp. Beehive Springs, Comp. Titanium Retainers, Comp. Perf. Push Rods, Comp. Billet Double Roller Timing Chain, Hurst Short Throw, Cray 19"/20" w/ Toyo Proxes4 265/30/19's & 295/30/20's

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    What SS is faster than the Z06. If it ain't stroked, FI, or sprayed I don't think so.
    He said in that link "I think I'm putting 360hp to the ground" That's right at what a stock 02 Z06 puts out, but at a weight of 3650lbs compared to 3150 of the Z06, it defies the laws of physics if his car were faster.

As far as an LS1 F-bod needing xtra cubes, or a power adder to be faster than one, that's

full bolt ons in a coupe with a high stall and gears will be faster at the track or street than all but the best of Z06 drivers, and a stock cube H/C car set up right can be faster than a stock Z in any speed contest.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by F&Ybodlover View Post
    He said in that link "I think I'm putting 360hp to the ground" That's right at what a stock 02 Z06 puts out, but at a weight of 3650lbs compared to 3150 of the Z06, it defies the laws of physics if his car were faster.

As far as an LS1 F-bod needing xtra cubes, or a power adder to be faster than one, that's

full bolt ons in a coupe with a high stall and gears will be faster at the track or street than all but the best of Z06 drivers, and a stock cube H/C car set up right can be faster than a stock Z in any speed contest.
    Although I didn't state it in the post a heads/cam package would be considered power adders. I Guess what I should have stated was that no stock or bolt ons only SS will be faster than an equally driven Z06. You are absolutely correct about the drag stip comment but I would like to race a heads/cam LS1 with an A4 moderately stalled with 4:10's to 175mph on a clear interstate. It would even be cool if he won. I love all muscle cars I just hate to see them from behind! lol

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

myself vs a c5z06....only mods i could clearly see is that his exhaust was not stock..he had an xr1 stinger exhaust...........3rd gear 70-110.....me by 1.5-2 cars then he let the fuck off fast..lol.....i wanted to see what happend in some of 4th as well but he let off......i also had a weight disadvantage by about 100 lbs ........myself 215..my buddy 230.........guy in z06 prolly 170..looked like smaller guy..and his girl who was tiny and hot....they both looked shocked and she was laughin....good race....would like to race one from a dig as he would def have a lil more advantage.......more meat out back/weight dis/my clutch is fucked

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    myself vs a c5z06....only mods i could clearly see is that his exhaust was not stock..he had an xr1 stinger exhaust...........3rd gear 70-110.....me by 1.5-2 cars then he let the fuck off fast..lol.....i wanted to see what happend in some of 4th as well but he let off......i also had a weight disadvantage by about 100 lbs ........myself 215..my buddy 230.........guy in z06 prolly 170..looked like smaller guy..and his girl who was tiny and hot....they both looked shocked and she was laughin....good race....would like to race one from a dig as he would def have a lil more advantage.......more meat out back/weight dis/my clutch is fucked
    Does your stroker hit a mean lick? Coming from Lingenfelter I know it was done right. Do you live in the south east by chance? I would love to go down 2-3 times to a Lingenfelter 383. Not really I'd love to win but I don't see that happening. I'd still be grinning ear to ear and give you a thumbs up though!

pewter

haha thanks man....i was as well ....nope im in the northeast..rochester, ny .....car is pretty much as is from lpe as well.....still has stock exhaust manifolds on it.....long tubes are planned in the spring......lpe's dyno shows 395 rwhp 399rwtq with 0 miles on the car as the previous owner had it shipped straight to lpe before taking delivery when she was new...did suspension this yr as i really dont NEED more hp....more fun doin your mods slowly anyways so u dont tire of the car...did koni's and strano springs a few weeks ago.....i was lookin at c5z06's when i came across this car.....maybe an lpe twin turbo c5z06 next ..or c6 vert magnusson by the time im ready for another ride

pewter

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Where was that car when I bought mine?! I would be Hennesey Viper hunting in that car. Somebody will buy that car that has more money to toss around than I do and then never need to buy a set of tires for it. What a shame!!!!!

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

haha thanks man....i was as well ....nope im in the northeast..rochester, ny .....car is pretty much as is from lpe as well.....still has stock exhaust manifolds on it.....long tubes are planned in the spring......lpe's dyno shows 395 rwhp 399rwtq with 0 miles on the car as the previous owner had it shipped straight to lpe before taking delivery when she was new...did suspension this yr as i really dont NEED more hp....more fun doin your mods slowly anyways so u dont tire of the car...did koni's and strano springs a few weeks ago.....i was lookin at c5z06's when i came across this car.....maybe an lpe twin turbo c5z06 next ..or c6 vert magnusson by the time im ready for another ride
    I have never put her on the dyno but comparative ratings should put me at about 390-400hp at the rear wheels. I think from a dig it would be a drivers race and very close from 30mph roll on. No fun in computer racing though. I'm going the carbon fiber cowl hood and Magnusson in 2 years. Don't want to waste the long tubes.

pewter

I have never put her on the dyno but comparative ratings should put me at about 390-400hp at the rear wheels. I think from a dig it would be a drivers race and very close from 30mph roll on. No fun in computer racing though. I'm going the carbon fiber cowl hood and Magnusson in 2 years. Don't want to waste the long tubes.
    NICE..car will be nasssssty as hell then......sounds like u got me already ..at least till i get my long tubes

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

NICE..car will be nasssssty as hell then......sounds like u got me already ..at least till i get my long tubes
    Keep it safe man and keep the blue oval in the rear view every time you can!!!

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

omfg... thats basically my dream car right there... id pay that in a heart beat if i was old enough to be able to afford the insurance... gotta be 25 damnit

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by F&Ybodlover View Post
    just saw a black 02 with 45kmi asking $24,500 in
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=213
    good lord, that car is not in top condition at all...look at the leather seats and the scratches on the b-pilar

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    good lord, that car is not in top condition at all...look at the leather seats and the scratches on the b-pilar
    Not a twin turbo LPE Z06 you didn't. I saw no scratches on a reflection of road debris from the emaculately waxed paint. If I did not have mine I would buy it as is with very little negotiation on price.

Black
    98 Trans Am

The seats just have some normal wear, a cleaning and conditioning, would probaly make an improvement, and I don't see any scratches in thos epics, plus he dropped his price to $22, 500, someone might be able to snag that car for a little over $20k, it's not in showroom condition, but that's a great price for any Z06.

pewter

ok whats wrong with this car that hes now asking 22,500??????????? must be a salvaged title

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

ok whats wrong with this car that hes now asking 22,500??????????? must be a salvaged title
    No he was being critical of the LPE twin turbo Z06 at $55,000 on E-bay and said he found a Z06 for 22,500. That's when I made my comments about him not finding a low mileage LPE TT Z06 for 22,500.

pewter

No he was being critical of the LPE twin turbo Z06 at $55,000 on E-bay and said he found a Z06 for 22,500. That's when I made my comments about him not finding a low mileage LPE TT Z06 for 22,500.
    i relize all this.......im just asking whats wrong with the normal z06 with 40k miles on it for 22,500 ....click on the link.......extremely cheap

Black
    98 Trans Am

I think you got confused BLACKNIGHT, trhirdshift was being critical of the 02 in the link I posted not the LPE one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information