Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

A pistol is way more practical. Cops walk around with a pistol strapped to their belt, not a shotgun or rifle. When the situation arises, 9/10 times the pistol will be more useful. If someone is threatening your life, chances are, their 5 feet from you, not 50 to 100 yards.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by whoa guy View Post
    yea... your wayyy paranoid. let me know the next time you drive up to a riot and have to use it. cops see you w/that, its open season on Mod.

May posterity forget that you were my countryman.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    I think you are insane

But you make incredible sense and have convinced me

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    A pistol is way more practical. Cops walk around with a pistol strapped to their belt, not a shotgun or rifle. When the situation arises, 9/10 times the pistol will be more useful. If someone is threatening your life, chances are, their 5 feet from you, not 50 to 100 yards.
    When the situation arrives, 10/10 I want the most powerful weapon I can hold with 2 hands pointed at whoever I'm trying to kill.

gray
    07 duramax

I agree that 9 out of 10 times a pistol will be more useful.

I disagree, however, that a rifle will not be effective from 5 feet to 50 yards. at 50 feet, a person with a rifle is unstoppable to a person with a pistol. at 30 feet, they have a very good advantage and will probably emerge victorious. that is assuming I dont have to go to my trunk and unlock it, load a mag, insert mag, operate the action, aim and fire.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    When the situation arrives, 10/10 I want the most powerful weapon I can hold with 2 hands pointed at whoever I'm trying to kill.

^
    that guy knows, too.

Red
    2000 Camaro

irrelevent. i'm already beaten to it, but a rifle is much, much, much more damaging than a pistol. and when you're shooting someone, that's what you want. cops don't carry rifles, no. guess how many keep them in their car. i carry a pistol as well. does it mean i wouldn't rather have a rifle? no.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

You are not looking at it in the same way. If someone were to come up to you while you are in your car, good luck swinging the rifle around. The pistol will be the weapon of choice in that situation.
    I agree that a rifle can be effective in short and long distances, but not while your in the car or getting out.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by locrian View Post
    irrelevent. i'm already beaten to it, but a rifle is much, much, much more damaging than a pistol. and when you're shooting someone, that's what you want. cops don't carry rifles, no. guess how many keep them in their car. i carry a pistol as well. does it mean i wouldn't rather have a rifle? no.
    Of course they carry rifles and shotguns, but they don't walk around with em.

Red
    2000 Camaro

You are not looking at it in the same way. If someone were to come up to you while you are in your car, good luck swinging the rifle around. The pistol will be the weapon of choice in that situation.
    I agree that a rifle can be effective in short and long distances, but not while your in the car or getting out.
    sure. but that's a limited application, and no reason to not carry one in the car. besides, a SBR would be fine in a car.

Red
    2000 Camaro

Of course they carry rifles and shotguns, but they don't walk around with em.
    right, but you guys are getting on to him for keeping one in the truck. cops do the same thing. carrying a rifle is not allowed, of course. to much of a police state image. otherwise, i'm sure many of them would. they both have their uses. but only a fool would pick a pistol over a rifle for any combat situation
    Last edited by locrian; 02-16-2007 at 03:30 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

No, I am not saying to not carry the rifle, but carry both.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by locrian View Post
    carrying a rifle is not allowed, of course. to much of a police state image.

haha, you know what, I hadnt really thought of it like that.

youre probably 100% right. hahaha

Up to 30 yards it is HARD to beat a 12 GA .00 buck. Cops have them in their car. But their cops. CCW = handgun. Its hard to conceal a shotgun even in a car.

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    May posterity forget that you were my countryman.

and im also a fellow ar-15 owner... most concealed Handgun owners will tell you they've never had to pull their weapon.. your just f'in crazy for carrying an a/r everywhere. But its cool.. difference of opinion.. no harm done.

How else do you want me to inform you buy? Would a dead deer hanging from my porch make you happy?
    Yeah, next thing you know, we'll all have to scan and submit our CC cards prior to being allowed to comment in a handgun related thread.

IMO a pistol or better yet, .38 revolver is the best choice for carry in a car- if you had to choose just one weapon. But if not, then why not carry a rifle? Better yet, or in addition, a shotgun. These days, you really never do know what you're going to encounter, especially when entering new or relatively unfamiliar territory.

Quote Originally Posted by locrian
    but only a fool would pick a rifle over a psitol for any combat situation.
    I don't know man- the US military as well as those of other nations might argue with this theory.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    what use is it to carry that kind of firepower around with you anyway?Even if you are successful in anilating your "provoker",It is rest assured that in todays era,when all is said and done...the" self defense" plea is a thing of the past.You will undoubtedly will be sued by the victims family,mistress,pet dog,cat,and everything in between....so why even put yourself into that scenerio?just a thought provoking question..good luck though,just don't get caught by the blue's in the rear view mirror....

Red
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post

I don't know man- the US military as well as those of other nations might argue with this theory.
    ???

i don't think so. what are you talking about?

Red
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker View Post
    what use is it to carry that kind of firepower around with you anyway?Even if you are successful in anilating your "provoker",It is rest assured that in todays era,when all is said and done...the" self defense" plea is a thing of the past.You will undoubtedly will be sued by the victims family,mistress,pet dog,cat,and everything in between....so why even put yourself into that scenerio?just a thought provoking question..good luck though,just don't get caught by the blue's in the rear view mirror....
    yeah. take the bullet instead. good idea. it's cliche, but true: better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Yeah, next thing you know, we'll all have to scan and submit our CC cards prior to being allowed to comment in a handgun related thread.

IMO a pistol or better yet, .38 revolver is the best choice for carry in a car- if you had to choose just one weapon. But if not, then why not carry a rifle? Better yet, or in addition, a shotgun. These days, you really never do know what you're going to encounter, especially when entering new or relatively unfamiliar territory.

Fuck a .38. The great thing about a "car gun" is that since it doesn't have to be hidden on your body, it can be very large and hidden under a seat. When I'm out and about, I wear the largest gun I can conceal, a full-size 1911. In my car there is always a .44 under the seat to deter carjackers. A .38 will still get the job done most of the time but it is never silly to be thorough.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information