Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Red
    1995 Trans am

I like them. have them on my car which I use for show. I get a lot of complments on them but only use them a few times a year. if they're done right LED and Hidden they look fine. go for it.

cameo white
    1976 Trans Am 455/4spd

I'm not calling it rice or stupid, like I said before. But when I see guys driving around with them on, I have to wonder why you need that kind of attention.

Seriously fellas, what's going through your head when you turn them on?

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

It's WS6's like this that scare me cause it looks mean as hell!

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

getting creative with some LED's is cool but the under body kits...i don't know....but i bet you could find a large gathering of supporters in a small roswell new mexico gay bar and at the local court house as well paying for tickets for being noticed.....jk...i certainly wouldn't drive with them on.... the last thing i want to do is attract attention from the local po-po's

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    1. Make sure the tubes are not visible at all and are hidden well under the car but placed so you see the light well on the ground. The ones you see the tubes hanging down with look like shit.

2. I wouldnt get neon. Get the led tubes now. There alot brighter, last a helluva lot longer and are more durable less change of breakage. If you got four tubs I think it would look good .. the two short ones one in front and one in back and then the two long ones going down the sides
    First I say do what you want, it's your car. Second I was thinking about doing it to mine, and third listen to this guy, My buddy has a civic with neons, and you could see the bulbs, which makes it look really unprofessional. And they were not the LED and they broke within like a month, he could have gotten them fixed for free, but they're just going to break again, so go with the LEDs.

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

Alot of you guys need to chill the fuck out. You can tell who the real enthusiests are, and who are not.

A real enthusist will not bash on other cars unless they are just completely redonculous. I'm talking tercell driving on two donuts, big ass aluminum wing, cracked windshield etc. etc.

I true car lover can respect and LOVE Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, and Imports for what they are.

I never really liked the guys that sat there and bashed on others cars because it wasn't what "they liked."

If the kid likes neons, let him have them. I personally think they can look very very good if done right. Then again, you can go WAY over the top. I also don't agree with driving on the highway/free way with them, it's too distracting. Parking lots, car shows, and to be flashy around your friends is cool and great.

Like I said, if half of you were the true car enthusists you all say you were, then you could respect the import as much as you do your Camaro. You could appreciate a Mustang the same way you like to see old Camaros. You could even enjoy seeing the jacked up, swampin' trucks.

I grew up in a family that hated Dodge/Chrysler. But if a Charger/Challenger/Cuda rolled by, they'd praise the driver and talk cars. They may give a little hassle just to shoot the shit, but it's all in good fun. I come from a long line of car lovers. My dad owns a 65 C20 truck, and a 70 Chevelle. My brother has a jacked up, throaty, swampin' Toyota Tundra. And oddly enough, my mother drives a Mini Cooper. And now I'm looking to buy an LS1 Camaro, and sell my old pride the 1980 Camaro.

I love the cars we have, they are completely differnt in every way, but they're unique and each do differnt things a bit better. I wouldn't drag the Chevelle with the Mini, but I sure as hell wouldn't try to out corner the Mini in the Chevelle.

I think some of you guys need to grow the fuck up.

/rant.

Peace guys.

(there's my liberal rant.)

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by jerry caesar View Post
    I'm not calling it rice or stupid, like I said before. But when I see guys driving around with them on, I have to wonder why you need that kind of attention.

Seriously fellas, what's going through your head when you turn them on?

i do it for the deaf people. they can't hear me, so i have to get their attention somehow.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i do it for the deaf people. they can't hear me, so i have to get their attention somehow.

Artic White
    2000 T/A

If you want looks, go for some stripes. If I were you, I would put the money towards a cat-back.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Not on the MBM

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Hey kid im not saying you shouldnt be driving the trans am becase im also 16 and im bout to drop an LS1 in my car. But there was somthing u forgot to think about when you bought it. Thats the neon lights. You have a fucking trans am which is a real car and why would u want to turn it into a little poser toy car. There is something you and everyone should see. Go to google.com and click on movies and type in ls1 and look for a video from ricekiller.com titled jared makes fun of camaro ss ricer or somthing like that and tell me if you still want the neons

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Hey kid im not saying you shouldnt be driving the trans am becase im also 16 and im bout to drop an LS1 in my car. But there was somthing u forgot to think about when you bought it. Thats the neon lights. You have a fucking trans am which is a real car and why would u want to turn it into a little poser toy car. There is something you and everyone should see. Go to google.com and click on movies and type in ls1 and look for a video from ricekiller.com titled jared makes fun of camaro ss ricer or somthing like that and tell me if you still want the neons
    i thought about it realllllllllllly hard an put neons on both cars. and i like how my poser toy cars look. according to you, i don't have a 'real' car now because of them? the whole ricekiller.com is a farce. jared didn't get enough attention at home. i watched it. i still have the neons on both cars.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

It's one thing to get other's opinions on somthing you want to do. We all do this from time to time. If you decide not do a particular mod, make sure it's because of a good reason (e.g. putting 22" wheels on a Camaro), not just because someone else says it looks totally stupid and you'd be a complete idiot for doing it.

Sure I've had some people on the board make hater comments (ricer ones) about my interior LEDs. I think the lights look great. Plus everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, who's seen the lights in person has told me they look bad-ass.

Bottom line, as it has been said over and over again, it's your car. Do what you want to it. I did.

black
    02 CAMARO SS

so wat

I'm 16 And I Have A Ducati 999 A 02 Ss Camaro And 98 Race Car (i'm Not A Spoiled Rich Kid)and I've Had A Reck In My First Ss But I Blame That On My Ego And Pride Not Age Or Experience..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information