Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I agree there is no reason to have someone out of the car next to an expressway unless there is a good reason and they are far removed. As long as the officer/deputy/trooper uses due care and common sense when doing so. Honestly if they are off the road and someone hits them, it should be the responsibility of the person that hits them; because theoretically the driver committed an infraction to put himself in the position of being pulled over in the first place... You can always argue that they were stopped for no reason which if proven so then the liability should fall on the dept. It's a huge grey area.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Nobody is whining about getting the speeding ticket. As stated before I know he deserved that, going 80 is dangerous for him and the people around him too. I just found it to be over the top that the sticker was forced to be removed right then, right there on an expressway of all places. If anyone knew this guy like I do it would make more sense and be believable to some, but it is what it is. If he wasn't speeding then no ticket would of been given and everything would of been just fine.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

To the OP....was it an active supporter sheriff decal or active member decal?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Active supporter decal

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Oh...then I say it shouldn't have been that big a deal to make u scratch it off.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Active supporter decal
    It still sucks that your friend had to scrape it off. Some cops are dicks but most I know are good guys and just like you and me. I just hope there isnt something he is leaving out. If not than the cop is a boner.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Very straight edge guy, doesn't drink or smoke. What can you do though.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I agree there is no reason to have someone out of the car next to an expressway unless there is a good reason and they are far removed. As long as the officer/deputy/trooper uses due care and common sense when doing so. Honestly if they are off the road and someone hits them, it should be the responsibility of the person that hits them; because theoretically the driver committed an infraction to put himself in the position of being pulled over in the first place... You can always argue that they were stopped for no reason which if proven so then the liability should fall on the dept. It's a huge grey area.
    yes you are right, the person hitting them will still be responsible. the injuries the person will get will be far worse than if they were inside their vehicle. This could all fall in multiple people been at fault including the officer and his dept.

I will be upset if i find out that a friend or family member got hit and they were out the vehicle in a busy highway scratching off a decal. you are putting life at risk because of a decal... I'm sorry but in my opinion that doesn't make any sense. Now if he tells him to get off on the next exit and it is out of harms way then i don't see a problem with it. It's all about prevention.

At end nobody got hurt and your friend will most like be more cautious in the future.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I've lived in orlando and south fl and I can say I'm not really surprised by what he did (I've had similiar experiences in both places). Maybe its the metropolitan areas that give cops high stress and thus make them on edge but it seems like almost every cop I've met has had an attitude... I'm not bashing police officers by any means just stating experiences, I've been pulled over for getting squirly in a turn and fully admitted to the cop I was wrong and stupid. The response I got back was that I was an asshole, I could have killed him while he was across the st in a parking lot , and that next time he'd arrest me ($225 ticket). And before anyone says maybe I was being rude, after the ticket he called my mom even though I was 19 at the time and explained to her what happened and even complimented on how polite I was being to him during the hole thing........

I also got pulled over in a friends camaro for doing 55 in a 45 verified by the cop, promptly upon pulling us over he pulled his gun and had us up against the back of the car while he cursed us out,made us empty our pockets and wallets for a search, and called my buds parents. (complaint filed and no follow up by police). And I've also had an experience where I had cruise control set at 50 and just as happened to the op's friend I got pulled over for speeding cop said he was doing 65 to catch up . This was at around 530 a.m I said I didnt see how seeing as I had cruise control set at 50? He said he was going to write me up so I simply asked for the radar gun to verify, he came back a few mins later and told me he wasnt going to show me and to quit driving like an asshole and told me to leave...

So ya like I said I have nothing against cops but out of the 4-5 times I've been pulled over I think maybe 1 time I was treated like an actual human being. The op's story isnt that far out of left field instead of assuming he's not telling the whole truth why cant people assume maybe the cop did overreact, they are only human...
    Last edited by redbird555; 04-16-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information