Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New camaro

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

haha just stop. You're wrong. It is you who needs to open up his narrow view as you put it and realize you are, as I said an anomaly. The v6 CTS and the Camaro SS aren't compared because as I said one does not replace the other. One is a performance vehicle with no back seat room and 2 doors. The other is a refined luxury cruiser. There will be very few people who cross shop them.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    haha just stop. You're wrong. It is you who needs to open up his narrow view as you put it and realize you are, as I said an anomaly. The v6 CTS and the Camaro SS aren't compared because as I said one does not replace the other. One is a performance vehicle with no back seat room and 2 doors. The other is a refined luxury cruiser. There will be very few people who cross shop them.
    Nope, you're wrong. I AM an anomaly, that's for sure. But not in the way you say. When it comes to cars, i'm just a regular guy.

That said, I am going to "stop" because it's clear we aren't changing each other's minds.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Not for the new 2016 CTS-V they don't. Sedan only.
    2015 they do...and you damn well know they will have a 2016 2door CTSV sooner than later. We just went through a body style change not even a few months ago so lets not start splitting hairs to make points....................................

Arctic White, red/gray

We are comparing the new model vehicles on the new chassis and at the new prices for 2016. I don't really think it is splitting hairs. I didn't know they got rid of the coupe either until I was on the website building cars for the hell of it.

But yes there may be a 2 door coming in the near future.... that depends on how the last gen CTS-V coupes sold. But they might not be 2016s either.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I worked in car dealerships for almost 20 years and I would talk to people who were shopping for cars and wandered in the parts department, looking at accessories, and some of the stuff that I would hear cross shopped would blow you away.

"I am thinking of getting a Buick Regal or a 4Runner"

"After I leave here (looking at the Supra Twin Turbo) in going across the street and checking out the (Lexus) GS300 ( an NA six cylinder).

"I just test drove a Chrysler 300C but I am going test drive that Camry (4cyl) to see if I like it better"

People be crazy.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Um...they make a 2 door and a 4 door CTSV...might want to go back and research that one a little.
    I don't need to do any research. They don't make one anymore, and have announced no plans to build one in the future. The ATSV coupe has taken the place of the former CTSV coupe. Cadillac's offerings are now perfectly in line with BMW and Mercedes, which are its primary competitors. BMW doesn't make a 2 door M5 for good reason... because they have the M4 to satisfy the 2 door market. You might be able to argue that the M6 is just that, but I still don't see Cadillac entering that segment anymore trying to sell a few niche market vehicles here and there.

2016 Cadillac CTS-V – Feature – Car and Driver

The eagerly awaited bazooka version of the third-generation Cadillac CTS, designed to fight for America’s honor against its European competitors. Unfortunately, this time around, there won’t be a station wagon or a coupe—or a manual option. That’s a crime, but the automatic sedan is what sells.
    2016 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Is Unlikely to Happen, Which Is Not Exactly a Bad Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    You simply have no idea how the car buying public shops. No idea.

You have to be able to zoom out from your narrow enthusiast viewpoint to understand.
    Zinergy pretty much has this covered, but what you're not understanding here is that you and your little group of buddies do not in any way represent the vast majority of buyers. It's asinine to think that people shopping for a Camaro SS give a shit about a four door V6 luxury sedan. It's two completely different cars for completely different purposes that rarely have mass market appeal to two entirely different groups.

Priorities are different for the average shopper. And it's exacerbated by the fact that as the price keeps rising, more and more of the younger enthusiast population is priced out.
    Yes, priorities are different for average buyers. This isn't about that. It's about the fact that most buyers don't go shopping and looking at two separate vehicles that meet two entirely different sets of criteria. Hmm, I think I'm going to go look at either a cruze or a loaded one ton diesel. I am of course exaggerating, but the point stands.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 03-17-2016 at 01:54 PM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Zinergy pretty much has this covered, but what you're not understanding here is that you and your little group of buddies do not in any way represent the vast majority of buyers....

...most buyers don't go shopping and looking at two separate vehicles that meet two entirely different sets of criteria. Hmm, I think I'm going to go look at either a cruze or a loaded one ton diesel. I am of course exaggerating, but the point stands.
    Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer
    Whamhammer
    I worked in car dealerships for almost 20 years and I would talk to people who were shopping for cars and wandered in the parts department, looking at accessories, and some of the stuff that I would hear cross shopped would blow you away.

"I am thinking of getting a Buick Regal or a 4Runner"

"After I leave here (looking at the Supra Twin Turbo) in going across the street and checking out the (Lexus) GS300 ( an NA six cylinder).

"I just test drove a Chrysler 300C but I am going test drive that Camry (4cyl) to see if I like it better"
    Thank you for another opinion from the real world.

red
    95 Z28

Ahem...

Thank you for another opinion from the real world.

You're delusional. How about the opinion of a GM executive that zinergy posted? Is that not the real world? Yeah... the only opinions that you deem to be "from the real world" are the ones that agree with your narrow minded and blatantly wrong mindset. I'm comfortable knowing for sure that I'm right on this one and you're just wrong.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I'm comfortable knowing for sure that I'm right on this one and you're just wrong.
    I'm comfortable knowing it's YOU who disagrees with me. Zinergy and I agree on alot of things...you and I agree on nothing. It's when you agree with me that I get worried.

But i'm glad you are comfortable in your "knowledge". Good luck with that.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I like both the new Corvette and the older style CTS-V and have a hard time determining which I would want more. Where do I fit in?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I like both the new Corvette and the older style CTS-V and have a hard time determining which I would want more. Where do I fit in?
    Well you have a problem because as 5.0 just informed me, you can't cross-shop those two cars.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I would take the new Camaro over the new Corvette in a second.

I still find the C7 to be "less than attractive" while the new 2016 Camaro is gorgeous.

I never cared for the the 5th gen but GM got the looks right with this version.

Now let those Camaro guys go talk to the C7 guys about that rear...

In reality, I'd take a new truck over either.

In my area now, you can't enjoy a fast car anymore because every time you step on the loud pedal someone will either pull out in front of you while they never put down their cell phone, or the local constabulary will show up looking for what made all that V8 noise.

I don't want to pay extra for something I can enjoy less than 1% of the time I am driving it.
    Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Finally a newer Camaro I really like a lot. I like the appeal of the ZL1 as much as when the LS1 SS came out.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Arctic White, red/gray

I still can't believe a loaded CTS 3.6 liter v6 twin turbo premium can be a 80,000 dollar car. This isn't even the V I'm talking about, just the normal CTS, loaded with the 3.6 liter v6 twin turbo.

silver
    2002 ws6

Cadillacs are pretty good

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

But if I'm spending $80k on a car, you can bet it will be for something other than a Cadillac.

You buy a car like that for luxury and prestige.

Any of the Panzerwagen brands carry more of both in that price range.

I would actually just lease a Panzerwagen though.

That way it would be gone before it started bleeding my checking account dry with expensive parts.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Hi.
    I already knew you could, but you won't buy one.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I know, I don't buy anything fun

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I'm going to look at a CTSV and a 2016 Camaro after work today because I can.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

I still can't believe a loaded CTS 3.6 liter v6 twin turbo premium can be a 80,000 dollar car. This isn't even the V I'm talking about, just the normal CTS, loaded with the 3.6 liter v6 twin turbo.
    I agree. This is largely why I have become much less of a car guy in recent years. I'm still spending stupid money on my hobbies, but I can spread the money across more lower-priced hobbies this way. With cars getting so damn expensive, and coming with so much more power and tech from the factory, it's just not as much fun anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information