Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I gotta disagree - apparently none of the Monday stuff has really came out of his mouth as far as I know. I heard today that Favre said today that he hadn't said anything about what came out Monday, but rather that he'd play if he felt that he was healthy enough.

Yes, he has the Vikings over a barrel, but if he isn't healthy enough to play, he shouldn't. He isn't trying to avoid anything - the Vikings haven't pressured him to be in training camp, and frankly, he doesn't need to be in training camp. You know it, I know it, and the Vikings know it too.......

as the story goes, I guess we'll see.............either way, the show will go on - with or without him........it just won't be as fun without him for the Vikes

We are getting at the same thing really, just different routes. Bottom line, none of this has come out of his mouth yet though and he has an established history of back and forth on this matter. I think he will be playing this year as a Viking.

White
    '10 ZR1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    We are getting at the same thing really, just different routes. Bottom line, none of this has come out of his mouth yet though and he has an established history of back and forth on this matter. I think he will be playing this year as a Viking.
    Maybe I misread what you said

black
    02 ss camaro

Favre will be back. He's just gonna jag everybody around till the regular season starts so that is all the media talk's about...Anybody else tired of hearing about this clown?

Hopefully, someone will knock his old ass into retirement this year so he won't have a decision to make next year.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

I gotta disagree - apparently none of the Monday stuff has really came out of his mouth as far as I know. I heard today that Favre said today that he hadn't said anything about what came out Monday, but rather that he'd play if he felt that he was healthy enough.

Yes, he has the Vikings over a barrel, but if he isn't healthy enough to play, he shouldn't. He isn't trying to avoid anything - the Vikings haven't pressured him to be in training camp, and frankly, he doesn't need to be in training camp. You know it, I know it, and the Vikings know it too.......

as the story goes, I guess we'll see.............either way, the show will go on - with or without him........it just won't be as fun without him for the Vikes

He didn't go to camp last year and started game 1 by completing 14-of-21 passes for 110 yards and one touchdown pass against the Browns, the Browns. Sounds like to me he needed camp.

With or without Brett, Saints win game 1 without breaking a sweat.

black
    02 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    He didn't go to camp last year and started game 1 by completing 14-of-21 passes for 110 yards and one touchdown pass against the Browns, the Browns. Sounds like to me he needed camp.

Sounds to me like Peterson carried the ball 30+ times that game.

Saints win or lose game 1 will break a sweat. The Vikings have a hell of a pass rush that is very capable of knocking Brees on his ass on every snap.
    As long as Peterson doesn't cough up the ball,that's going to be a close game....regardless or not if the Favre is taking the snaps or not on the Vikings side

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

hahahaha...any douche that thought he was done is a moron. he said today that he'll play for the vikings this year if he feels he is up to it. so...there you have it...he'll be playing again this year.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post

It sounds like to me Adrian Peterson carried the ball very well, and the Vikings didn't need to throw the ball as much, just as importhater said.

We'll see about game 1 when it happens.
    Last edited by FasstChevys; 08-05-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    Sounds to me like Peterson carried the ball 30+ times that game.

Saints win or lose game 1 will break a sweat. The Vikings have a hell of a pass rush that is very capable of knocking Brees on his ass on every snap.
    As long as Peterson doesn't cough up the ball,that's going to be a close game....regardless or not if the Favre is taking the snaps or not on the Vikings side
    The Saints have one of the best O lines in the NFL (4 of the 5 starters are Pro Bowlers and the other was a first year starter last year filling in for another Pro Bowler) and Brees is one of the least sacked/hurried/pressured QB's in the league.

In last year's NFCCG Brees was playing tight and Payton was calling very conservatively, that is what resulted in a close game.

Once they got their confidence back and started calling a reasonably aggressive game, well, you know what happened since I'm sure you watched the Superbowl.

Saints win game one:

Saints - 38
    Vikings - 24 (with Brett) 17 (without Brett)
    Last edited by gwballin; 08-05-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

It sounds like to me Adrian Peterson carried the ball very well, and the Vikings didn't need to throw the ball as much, just as importhater said.

We'll see about game 1 when it happens.
    Honestly, do you think that the play calling would have been the same had Brett been capable of performing better than he did?

Did AP suddenly get so much worse as the year went on making the team rely on Brett more?

I think the answer to both questions is no.

Brett got better throughout the year because he was practicing with the team. Maybe he might have been at that level game one last year had he gone to training camp. I certainly think he would have been able to perform better than he did had he gone.
    Last edited by gwballin; 08-05-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yep - I just heard about it too.

Last year was fun, and was a good run - too bad he couldn't go one more.

I wonder what the odds in Vegas are now -
    When was the last time the vikes won a superbowl?........... NEVER, nuff said

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    When was the last time the vikes won a superbowl?........... NEVER, nuff said
    I agree .. if he is there or not Vikes dont go to the Bowl .. playoffs ..yes.. Bowl..No...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information