Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Vette

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    What would that be called.....'internet respect'? Anybody can post about beating and LS1....or whatever....but that doesn't answer the question I asked - which was why do it.

"Knowing there (sic) enemies capabilities" is an old one, but I can't imagine that being your motivation.
    Look NEWBI.....i NEVER hear any shit from anybody on this site.......THATS "internet respect." Just about everone on here nows me and likes me. So if i were you i would look around the forums first before you post some BS like this. Sooo sorry i dont have a camera with me 24/7......but if you dont beleive me, i pretty sure i dont give a flying fuk. You were the only one making irrational statements. And the reason i posted it is because it was a "street race" and i wanted to post it.........seems you are the only person who has a problem with this.......if it would have been a Cobra or whatever i woulda posted it as well..........OK with you chief???
    Last edited by Stone; 04-04-2007 at 06:55 PM.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    go find a stock o4 gto......
    make sure youre nice about it though
    hey!! leave us alone, yyya jjjerk,lol j/k
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

My my...you do have a short temper though, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Look NEWBI.....
    Newbie. Hehe. Look...."YOUNGIN"....I'm only "new" to the redesigned LS1.com - I joined the original site in May of 98 - years prior to its crash and change of ownership (third time, I think), and probably years prior to you even being on the net. But anyway....cause all that is rather meaningless...

i NEVER hear any shit from anybody on this site.......THATS "internet respect."
    Oh. Well, now I know. Damn glad I don't care about it (speaking only for me, of course).

Just about everone on here nows me and likes me.
    Congratulations. Pat yourself on the back with you other hand, too.

So if i were you i would look around the forums first before you post some BS like this.
    You're not me, so I guess that's a moot point. And it wasn't "BS"...it was a question. Which you have conveniently not answered.

Sooo sorry i dont have a camera with me 24/7......but if you dont beleive me, i pretty sure i dont give a flying fuk.
    Huh? A camera? For what? And what do I not believe? Did I ever even imply that I doubted one of your "kill" stories?

What was that about giving a ****? And if you don't "give a ****", why reply?

You were the only one making irrational statements.
    Irrational? Please quote my "irrational" statements. Be advised that you might want to look up the meaning of the word "irrational" first.

And the reason i posted it is because it was a "street race" and i wanted to post it
    I see. So like....do you go over to....I don't know....LS1Tech.com (I'm on there too...different name though) and post similar stories in their "Street Racing Section"? How about one of the Mustang sites (on plenty of those)? Perhaps the Supra or Corvette Forums?

.........seems you are the only person who has a problem with this.......
    I asked a question....the same question, more than once. I never said anything about having any problem with it.

if it would have been a Cobra or whatever i woulda posted it as well..........OK with you chief???
    Doesn't matter if it is ok with me or not (and its been several years since I was Chief), nor does it matter if you beat a Cobra, or a Honda, or a bicycle. The question still remains the same.

And believe it or not, I did not pose my question with the intent of getting into a pissing contest. It was an honest question of curiousity.

Was, anyway.

"Newbie"....hehehe. Gotta love that one.

Wow.

Maybe secondgearscratch was onto something..

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Such as?

I dont want this to turn into a pissing contest, but you sure give a shit about nothing.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Read the top post again and youll see that i clearly answered you question

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I dont want this to turn into a pissing contest, but you sure give a shit about nothing.
    Ah. Cool. Gotcha. Deep thoughts....gotta love it. Which brings up another curious thought...if I give a **** about nothing, and you thus reply to nothing, then what do you give a **** about?

Bueller?

Read the top post again and youll see that i clearly answered you question
    LOL. Ya I saw that. Good explanation (and predictable) - thanks. Everybody that posts anything at all on any site on the internet now has a valid answer to a similar question. Oh well, I guess I'll just be left wondering (though I think I have a pretty good idea what the real answer is...and your dancing around it is pretty good evidence of the validity of that idea).

As asked above, do you do the same on some of those other sites I mentioned (or maybe some I didn't), or is this the only non-SRT-4, platform-specific site in which you have enough 'internet respect' that allows it? Purely a curiosity question.

Oh...and one more time...I am neither saying nor implying that I don't believe your stories. Not that it matters - just a comment.

"Internet Respect"....gonna have to do something with that one in a signature. Thank you.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Ah. Cool. Gotcha. Deep thoughts....gotta love it. Which brings up another curious thought...if I give a **** about nothing, and you thus reply to nothing, then what do you give a **** about?

Bueller?

LOL. Ya I saw that. Good explanation (and predictable) - thanks. Everybody that posts anything at all on any site on the internet now has a valid answer to a similar question. Oh well, I guess I'll just be left wondering (though I think I have a pretty good idea what the real answer is...and your dancing around it is pretty good evidence of the validity of that idea).

As asked above, do you do the same on some of those other sites I mentioned (or maybe some I didn't), or is this the only non-SRT-4, platform-specific site in which you have enough 'internet respect' that allows it? Purely a curiosity question.

Oh...and one more time...I am neither saying nor implying that I don't believe your stories. Not that it matters - just a comment.

"Internet Respect"....gonna have to do something with that one in a signature. Thank you.

Ok guy.....since you want to be sooo nosey.......i get on the Supra, GTP, LS2, and 2 mustang forums along with various local forums........now that i see that you are mearly trying to turn everyone against me.......which by the way WONT WORK.....its all cool......so im gunna have to go ahead and give you.....this.......

Now go to someone that gives a ......cause its not gunna work here buddy

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Bueller?

Hey Blkcloud, do you have a sports car of any sorts? Just curius, you said you have been on this site since the 90's, Why, so long, what pleasure do you get from it. That is is you are against Racing. unless the Anti Internet racers logo means something else?
    It seems to me that you use alot of smart ass questions to sound like you are smarter than the rest of us, I dont think anyone on this site thinks you are though. Like you are trying to make us ponder on something. Like you are a teacher of sorts. Please stop, because it is anoying, you dont even clearly state your points, just talk (type) regular, say what you mean and be cool. Im sure you are a good guy, just join the dark side,
    Luke.
    Oh and one more thing, the Bueller? line may not have been communicated to the people on this iste whom are under 25 years old, considring that movie was from the mid 80's. Just some FYI.
    Now lets talk about racing again. K

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Bueller?

listen....the jig is up....i know who you are blackcloud....

youre Mrs. Watson......my freshman english teacher from high school!!!!!

i knew something in your very direct and analytical comments grasped on to my memory......
    you always did encourage me to reach my fullest potential in literature, so this is for you.....

for all intents and purposes, you are a newbie. im a newbie and it doesnt hinder my ability to have an opinion in the least. this community has been very helpful and accepting of my eccentric mindset, and they do not "haze". you claim to have been here since '98. we're all happy for you.

if i may be so bold, i think the issue here is trust. this, like most other things when conversing with strangers, is a give and take situation. the majority of us dont know each other on a personal basis and will probably never meet over a few cold ones so the friendships and mutual respect has to be established in a way very unbecoming of most people. you have to put yourself out there a bit, and you will (at least around here) experience reciprocity through comments, concerns, and jokes. to date you have not made any personal references (even in the most remote fashion) to give at least the illusion that you know what youre saying. people can only take someones criticism in small doses if the criticizer's credibility is in question or in your case, non-existent.

im not saying you have anything to prove because that would be just plain wrong. the only proof it seems on the interenet are videos and those are suspect at best. but i dont know you, and neither do most of the people you criticize. maybe if you revealed what you have done with cars, or even in life you might be received rather warmly. now im sure that to a guy that seems as impervious to things as you, this may not mean anything. but how can anyone trust what youre saying? how can people decifer your somewhat sarcastic and brash comments between a helping hand or just what they seem?

if you asked me what i have done in the automotive realm, i would reply that i was rather novice. but i have no apologies, and i can still have an opinion. if i dont follow whats being said, i chime in. if i question the validity of a statement, i do so in a non offensive manner (at least i hope). this site has a troll "problem" at best, and these people get on here with the sole intention of cutting others down. if they dont agree, they bash. and if the person doesnt bite, they instigate. and the manner in which they instigate is similar to your comments in this thread.

im not saying youre a troll. hell, youve made more than 10 posts so you must be ok.

i understand that you are a very literal and precise person, but if youre hear to start arguements then go elsewhere please. i for one have already went through this over at tech and if i could look up addresses my foot would be making housecalls.

everyone will vouche for stone because he is unassuming, unconfrontational, and basically, he knows his shit.

just let us know about you for a change. no car listed, which will unfairly or not, turn alot of people off to listening to you.

and if you didnt want to be heard you would never post.....

blackcloud....who are you?? we wanna know....
    Last edited by secondgearscratch; 04-05-2007 at 11:28 AM.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Look NEWBI.....i NEVER hear any shit from anybody on this site.......THATS "internet respect." Just about everone on here nows me and likes me. So if i were you i would look around the forums first before you post some BS like this. Sooo sorry i dont have a camera with me 24/7......but if you dont beleive me, i pretty sure i dont give a flying fuk. You were the only one making irrational statements. And the reason i posted it is because it was a "street race" and i wanted to post it.........seems you are the only person who has a problem with this.......if it would have been a Cobra or whatever i woulda posted it as well..........OK with you chief???
    If your gonna be a cop, you better learn to spell, you know, for all those reports your gonna have to write?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ok guy.....since you want to be sooo nosey.......i get on the Supra, GTP, LS2, and 2 mustang forums along with various local forums........
    Ok. May I ask what Mustang sites?

LS2.com? Hehehe. Started by folks that got pissed off at this one some time back. Mostly a "Bar-n-Grill" type of place.

now that i see that you are mearly trying to turn everyone against me.......
    Bzzzzt. But nice try.

which by the way WONT WORK.....its all cool......so im gunna have to go ahead and give you.....this.......
    Uh.....ouch?

Now go to someone that gives a ......cause its not gunna work here buddy
    Ah. So the translation to that is that you're not going to answer the question?

Ok. I'll stick with my perception.

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Hey Blkcloud, do you have a sports car of any sorts?
    Sports car? No. I have done a bit of racing though - but not sports cars. In fact, truth be told, I don't have anything that would really be considered a performance car at this moment (working on it....priorities).

As for sports cars.....I had a 1980 Vette many moons ago. Nice looking car, but slow and generally prone to falling apart. Would love to have an 02-04 Z06, but probably not in the cards right now.

Just curius, you said you have been on this site since the 90's, Why, so long, what pleasure do you get from it.
    I joined in May of 98 right after Gathering II (held annually in Atlanta). Back then, this was the place to be if you wanted to learn or talk about LS1s.

That is is you are against Racing. unless the Anti Internet racers logo means something else?
    Nope - not against racing. I'm not a street racer, but I'm not lecturing anyone about it either.

The "Anti Internet Racer" absolutely means something - though not what you infer.

It seems to me that you use alot of smart ass questions to sound like you are smarter than the rest of us, I dont think anyone on this site thinks you are though.
    Fortunately for me, that's not what I'm trying to prove, imply, or convince.

Like you are trying to make us ponder on something. Like you are a teacher of sorts. Please stop, because it is anoying, you dont even clearly state your points, just talk (type) regular, say what you mean and be cool.
    I am pretty sure I clearly stated my question (wasn't trying to make a point). I can repeat it, if you like - but I doubt that would do much good.

As for being annoying....I bet everyone is annoying to someone. It is not my intent to be annoying to you. So long as the folks that run this forum don't say otherwise, I intend to continue to post from time to time - just like you and everyone else here. You don't have to read/respond. And in fact, there is a neat "ignore" feature available for everyone's use.

Im sure you are a good guy, just join the dark side,
    Luke.
    LOL. I've been on several "Dark Sides".

Oh and one more thing, the Bueller? line may not have been communicated to the people on this iste whom are under 25 years old, considring that movie was from the mid 80's. Just some FYI.
    Now lets talk about racing again. K
    Good point. You're only 27....do you remember the movie?

2ndgearscratch's note is a bit long, so I'll get to that shortly.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    If your gonna be a cop, you better learn to spell, you know, for all those reports your gonna have to write?
    Yea i know....i usually check my spelling but i was in a rush and wanted to prove my point to this guy.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I'm sorry - what point was that?

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I'm sorry - what point was that?
    That you need to get off my fucking nuts

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    listen....the jig is up....i know who you are blackcloud....

youre Mrs. Watson......my freshman english teacher from high school!!!!!
    Uh. Probably not.

i knew something in your very direct and analytical comments grasped on to my memory......
    you always did encourage me to reach my fullest potential in literature, so this is for you.....
    Cool.

for all intents and purposes, you are a newbie. im a newbie and it doesnt hinder my ability to have an opinion in the least. this community has been very helpful and accepting of my eccentric mindset, and they do not "haze". you claim to have been here since '98. we're all happy for you.
    Ok. I'm a newbie. As far as you know.

if i may be so bold, i think the issue here is trust. this, like most other things when conversing with strangers, is a give and take situation. the majority of us dont know each other on a personal basis and will probably never meet over a few cold ones so the friendships and mutual respect has to be established in a way very unbecoming of most people. you have to put yourself out there a bit, and you will (at least around here) experience reciprocity through comments, concerns, and jokes. to date you have not made any personal references (even in the most remote fashion) to give at least the illusion that you know what youre saying. people can only take someones criticism in small doses if the criticizer's credibility is in question or in your case, non-existent.
    Who have I been criticizing? I asked a question. A no kidding, honest, curious question. Granted - it has turned into a rather humorous pissing contest of sorts, but that happens sometimes.

As for personal references....it doesn't matter to me. At least not here and not right now.

im not saying you have anything to prove because that would be just plain wrong. the only proof it seems on the interenet are videos and those are suspect at best. but i dont know you, and neither do most of the people you criticize. maybe if you revealed what you have done with cars, or even in life you might be received rather warmly. now im sure that to a guy that seems as impervious to things as you, this may not mean anything. but how can anyone trust what youre saying? how can people decifer your somewhat sarcastic and brash comments between a helping hand or just what they seem?
    Your comment about sarcasm is well founded, and is a good point.

As far as "proof" and such....I have not requested any, and don't care if there is or isn't any. I'm not questioning anybody's story, or their car's potential, or anything of the sort. I don't need "proof" of these things.

if you asked me what i have done in the automotive realm, i would reply that i was rather novice. but i have no apologies, and i can still have an opinion.
    Concur.

if i dont follow whats being said, i chime in. if i question the validity of a statement, i do so in a non offensive manner (at least i hope).
    No issues here.

this site has a troll "problem" at best, and these people get on here with the sole intention of cutting others down. if they dont agree, they bash. and if the person doesnt bite, they instigate. and the manner in which they instigate is similar to your comments in this thread.
    Be what it may - to "troll" was not the intent. But I would add that "trolls" have always been a problem on sites like this - including this one, since its inception ~10 years ago. It is an unfortunate 'nature of the beast'.

im not saying youre a troll. hell, youve made more than 10 posts so you must be ok.
    Something about assumptions....

i understand that you are a very literal and precise person, but if youre hear to start arguements then go elsewhere please. i for one have already went through this over at tech and if i could look up addresses my foot would be making housecalls.
    Hmmm...what to make of this.

First, I'm here mostly for the entertainment.

I like LS1Tech (though Nineball and I used to go round and round and round and round), and that is typically where I go if I want technical information

You are implying that you would use violence because of things said on LS1Tech.com? That's probably not a good idea. It is the internet. If it gets to you that bad - might want to lay off.

everyone will vouche for stone because he is unassuming, unconfrontational, and basically, he knows his shit.
    Cool. Never implied otherwise.

just let us know about you for a change. no car listed, which will unfairly or not, turn alot of people off to listening to you.
    Ok. No kidding - my current 'car' is a 97 Mazda B2300 truck (good gas mileage, and hauls my RC airplanes very well). The wife has a 2002 330I. Yuk. Oh - I also have a Harley.

and if you didnt want to be heard you would never post.....
    Valid point.

blackcloud....who are you?? we wanna know....
    LOL. I am me!

That's the smartass side coming out....has tended to be prevelant, of late. I have to admit, I have enjoyed posting with other than my normal username. Maybe that's wrong, and maybe its bad, but I have enjoyed it.

Shame on me.

And all of this over a question. Amazing!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

That you need to get off my fucking nuts
    That was the point? I've posted to you on this one thread. That's on your "****ing nuts"?

So I ask again...what point is it that you were trying to prove?

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

That was the point? I've posted to you on this one thread. That's on your "****ing nuts"?

So I ask again...what point is it that you were trying to prove?
    To get off my fuking nuts.......want me to say it again?.........the point is, is that you tried to start shit between me and other LS1 members and it didnt work!!!! You asked a question and i answered it.......SO....im gunna say it again....GET OFF MY FUKIN NUTS!!! And why didnt you quote the post about people on here vouching for me b/c I DONT start shit and i know WTF im talking about.......so ill tell you again..... GET OFF MY NUTS

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. Ok. I'll try to do this without you getting too hot and bothered again....though your defensiveness is interesting. Anyway...

First, I'm not "on your nuts". Not even sort of. If you think so....well....might want to grow a pair, if you know what I mean.

As I stated above, I did not ask my question in order to start anything between you and other LS1.com members. If you believe that I did - oh well. You're loss, and I can assure you that I'm not losing sleep over it. I simply wanted to know what posseses someone one to do such a thing. "Because it was a street race" is a pretty lame answer (not really an answer at all), hence my continued postings.

I didn't quote about people "vouching" for you because I don't see where that is even sort of applicable. I'm not questioning your car, your credibility, or your stories. As such, what would they be "vouching" for?

I'll take your word for it that you don't start ****. I haven't looked, and really don't care. Ditto that you "know WTF" you're talking about. Neither of those (accurate or not) are germaine to what I was trying to learn.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information