Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^yup.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post

Hopefully the road teams losing trend continues tomorrow.
    So far, so good. We shall see...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

crap..

If shanny had balls and took RG3 out as soon as he re-aggravated his knee we would've had a chance. I know it's an excuse but it's true.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

crap..

If shanny had balls and took RG3 out as soon as he re-aggravated his knee we would've had a chance. I know it's an excuse but it's true.
    It is true. He started showing signs that he was hurting long before he got his knee crunched.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

crap..

It IS true.

red
    95 Z28

If I was the Colts I'd be really happy with my choice of Andrew Luck. The Colts may have lost today too, but Luck has a much better chance of being around for a long time. RG3 looks to be very injury prone, which will only be compounded by his style of play, where his running ability is so much a part of his game. I just done see him being around as long. Hopefully he is though, he is exciting to watch and great for the skins.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Wild cards

Sat:

HOU V CIN
    GB V MIN

Sun:

BTL V IND
    SEA V WAS
    1 for 4. Not bad.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    1 for 4. Not bad.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    If I was the Colts I'd be really happy with my choice of Andrew Luck. The Colts may have lost today too, but Luck has a much better chance of being around for a long time. RG3 looks to be very injury prone, which will only be compounded by his style of play, where his running ability is so much a part of his game. I just done see him being around as long. Hopefully he is though, he is exciting to watch and great for the skins.
    maybe he can change is name to MV2....Michael Vick 2.0? Those running QB's won't have the staying power anyway vs the traditional drop back passer. Teams will use them up and then dump them. Luck will be around long after MV2 and Russell Wilson are gone and in litigation with the league concerning concussions.

RG3 is not Michael Vick. I'm so tired of the (code word) superficial comparisons. He'll be good even if he doesn't run much, but no QB can play well when injured like that. I hardly blame him for the ugly game.

I blame the coaching staff, for not making any clever in-game adjustments (like using Cooley in a two TE set) and not having Cousins prepared. While still failing (despite a roster of fast young players) to find a return man who can both catch and get some good returns now and then, too. The coaching staff should not be given extensions. I also blame Cousins himself for not being prepared. (And look at how much hair the young man has lost. Hmm, juice?) Another problem - the bad hands of Paulson and Hankerson resurfaced, and Washington cannot have both players playing much next year.

There's also an area that the media seems to be almost completely ignoring: dirty play by Seattle that the refs condoned. Seahawks players were practically starting wrestling matches with Redskins on some returns and in the backfield. That's the secret of why Seattle has so many wins? Google "seahawks play dirty." F- that team and go Falcons. Goodell and his protect-the-QB crusade while ignoring rule-breaking that is unpleasant to watch. Beyond Seahawks fans and thugs, I can't imagine many viewers enjoyed the game much. Without the manhandling, Washington might have managed to squeak by (to a loss next week). Redskins next year - more talent, but I worry the playoff outcome won't be much better.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    maybe he can change is name to MV2....Michael Vick 2.0? Those running QB's won't have the staying power anyway vs the traditional drop back passer. Teams will use them up and then dump them. Luck will be around long after MV2 and Russell Wilson are gone and in litigation with the league concerning concussions.
    I was thinking of the same comparison. He's got talent, but you can already see when he's injured it takes soooo much from his game when he cant run as effectivly. Defenses can drop back more, and sit on his passes. In the long term I see more promise for Andrew Luck and his playing style. Just the way it is in the NFL. Griffin is going to continue to take some big hits, just the nature of his style.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    RG3 is not Michael Vick. I'm so tired of the (code word) superficial comparisons. He'll be good even if he doesn't run much, but no QB can play well when injured like that. I hardly blame him for the ugly game.

I blame the coaching staff, for not making any clever in-game adjustments (like using Cooley in a two TE set) and not having Cousins prepared. While still failing (despite a roster of fast young players) to find a return man who can both catch and get some good returns now and then, too. The coaching staff should not be given extensions. I also blame Cousins himself for not being prepared. (And look at how much hair the young man has lost. Hmm, juice?) Another problem - the bad hands of Paulson and Hankerson resurfaced, and Washington cannot have both players playing much next year.

There's also an area that the media seems to be almost completely ignoring: dirty play by Seattle that the refs condoned. Seahawks players were practically starting wrestling matches with Redskins on some returns and in the backfield. That's the secret of why Seattle has so many wins? Google "seahawks play dirty." F- that team and go Falcons. Goodell and his protect-the-QB crusade while ignoring rule-breaking that is unpleasant to watch. Beyond Seahawks fans and thugs, I can't imagine many viewers enjoyed the game much. Without the manhandling, Washington might have managed to squeak by (to a loss next week). Redskins next year - more talent, but I worry the playoff outcome won't be much better.
    quit yer bitchin'........seattle is a physical team. It's what they do and it's how they win games. Everyone knows going in that their D is gonna beat the shit out of people and push them around. That's how the game of football is played....you force your will on the other team. From my vantage point I saw WAS players being just as active or more active after the whistle blew. All the good D's have a rep for being mean and dirty. That's just how it is.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I was thinking of the same comparison. He's got talent, but you can already see when he's injured it takes soooo much from his game when he cant run as effectivly. Defenses can drop back more, and sit on his passes. In the long term I see more promise for Andrew Luck and his playing style. Just the way it is in the NFL. Griffin is going to continue to take some big hits, just the nature of his style.
    When Indy got rid of Manning I was a little pissed at them. How do you trade your franchise QB that's done so much for your team and city? Looks like they did it at the exact right time and for the right person. Luck is a young Manning basically. Give him another couple years there and he's gonna be bad ass. To do what they did this year is pretty damn impressive really. They'll get a tougher schedule next year so that's when we'll find out exactly what they have.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

You have contradicted your own assertion here. You seem agitated that people compare RG3 to Vick, when in fact you just did it yourself. You are absolutely right that no QB can play at an elite level while injured like that. When healthy, RG3 is a great passer, as is Michael Vick. As many will certainly point out, Vick hasn't had much luck passing since his first two seasons in Philly. He also hasn't been truly healthy since then. Last season he was injured before the season started, and this year he was injured in the third game. The problem is that teams with QBs like Vick and RG3 do not put the same kind of emphasis on their O-line that teams with a pocket-passer do. Teams with a Brady or Manning know that it's either protect the QB or lose. Teams with a Michael Vick or Robert Griffin 3 under center can put the emphasis on offensive weapons...this effect is amplified by the fact that no offense is more exciting to watch, and thus no offense is more profitable to a franchise, than one with a dynamic running QB at the helm.

So while you can debate all day about RG3's talent vs. Vick's talent...the fact remains that this situation really is Vick 2.0, since both QBs put themselves out there in positions where they can get hurt alot more frequently, and thus their long term playing level is greatly affected.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    You have contradicted your own assertion here. You seem agitated that people compare RG3 to Vick, when in fact you just did it yourself. You are absolutely right that no QB can play at an elite level while injured like that. When healthy, RG3 is a great passer, as is Michael Vick. As many will certainly point out, Vick hasn't had much luck passing since his first two seasons in Philly. He also hasn't been truly healthy since then. Last season he was injured before the season started, and this year he was injured in the third game. The problem is that teams with QBs like Vick and RG3 do not put the same kind of emphasis on their O-line that teams with a pocket-passer do. Teams with a Brady or Manning know that it's either protect the QB or lose. Teams with a Michael Vick or Robert Griffin 3 under center can put the emphasis on offensive weapons...this effect is amplified by the fact that no offense is more exciting to watch, and thus no offense is more profitable to a franchise, than one with a dynamic running QB at the helm.

So while you can debate all day about RG3's talent vs. Vick's talent...the fact remains that this situation really is Vick 2.0, since both QBs put themselves out there in positions where they can get hurt alot more frequently, and thus their long term playing level is greatly affected.
    O-line has been Vick's main problem....he runs for his life on every snap. The other side is that the ref's treat those QB's different than they do pocket passers. Vick was dead on when he said that earlier this year or last year. The ref's do treat them differently but they should.....at what point do they quit being a QB and become a RB? I say once out of the pocket they're a RB but at the same time someone like Manning or Brady gets out of the pocket there's little to no chance they're going to run the ball for 15 yards......they'll throw it away first.

White
    '10 ZR1

Well, "that's that" I guess. No Ponder = no chance. I never thought I'd say that. Just too many obstacles/situations to overcome - it wasn't going to happen without a perfect game by all.

If I have to root for someone, I'll be rooting for the 9ers and the Ravens for as long as they're still playing. After that, I won't root for anyone - although, if I'm going to be placing bets, it's always easier when your team isn't involved.

Vick has never had RG3's leadership and decision-making skills or pinpoint accuracy (short-range only). Vick also hasn't, to my knowledge, played full games as hobbled as RG3 has. Washington's offensive line isn't the reason Griffin got hurt, either, though the organization probably will upgrade it slightly this offseason to be safe.

As for good defending, that can be done without cheating. Many Steelers teams from the past 20 years have had great defenses without manhandling players. Anyone who Googles the phrase I mentioned can see NFL complaints about Cheat Carroll's team. Edit: since 2011 apparently at least 4 different members of the Seahawks secondary have gotten in trouble with the league over banned non-recreational substances. WTF?! When it gets that extreme, the organization itself should be investigated and probably penalized for at least lack of oversight. Do not root for Seattle next week - the dirty team needs to be eliminated.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Vick has never had RG3's leadership and decision-making skills or pinpoint accuracy (short-range only).
    Debatable, but irrelevant to the argument.

Vick also hasn't, to my knowledge, played full games as hobbled as RG3 has. Washington's offensive line isn't the reason Griffin got hurt, either, though the organization probably will upgrade it slightly this offseason to be safe.
    Seriously? Griffin has JUST FINISHED his first season! Vick has played through just about every injury a player can play through. Griffin could end up being a much better player than Mike Vick...but it's going to be several years before ANYONE can realistically make that claim. Remember Cam Newton was fantastic last year...how was his season this year?

Sounds like you need to take a step back from RG3's nuts.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

As for good defending, that can be done without cheating. Many Steelers teams from the past 20 years have had great defenses without manhandling players. Anyone who Googles the phrase I mentioned can see NFL complaints about Cheat Carroll's team.
    When I read your other post, the first thing that came to my mind was how the Steelers used to play 20, 30 years ago, etc... They played to win. They played hard and they caused plenty of injuries to other teams. What is different now, are the rules of the game

Cam Newton padded stats in 2011. He did not win many games. I don't think RG3 is in the elite class (mediocre on deep throws), but he's pretty darn good when healthy and he could grow. And, I'm not being sarcastic - did Philly ever play Vick for long stretches when he was hobbling?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information