Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by blackss01 View Post
    no!
    Damn!!!!!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by ice97ta View Post
    i really hope your kidding, as much as i still love boxing to this day, it is nowhere near the money maker that mma is.

on topic, alot of people are forgetting how fast tyson actually was, he was amazingly fast in his prime, i am pretty certain he would have ko'd ali in 2 or 3 rounds.
    If mma is such the money maker, why do boxers make more in one champ fight than most mma guys do in a life time.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

white
    2000 Z28

i really hope your kidding, as much as i still love boxing to this day, it is nowhere near the money maker that mma is.

on topic, alot of people are forgetting how fast tyson actually was, he was amazingly fast in his prime, i am pretty certain he would have ko'd ali in 2 or 3 rounds.
    15 mil guaranteed for manny and 15 mil for antonio on a 50/50 split purse. that is just for fighting. not even a penny of ppv money is in that 30 mil total. more events does not mean more money when an mma main event winner doesnt even pay out 10% of a boxing main event loser. last purse i saw for brock was against velasquez. brock made 930k. about 6.2% of margaritos money for just taking part in the fight. that is still no ppv involved. mma gets pennies compared to boxings 100 dollar bills.

1.3 mil ppv buys for pacquiao vs margarito $54.99 each. totaling $71.5 mil
    1.05 mil ppv for ufc's highest profile fight in lesnar vs velasquez $49.99 or $59.99HD each. totaling $52.5 mil(assuming all low end purchase) to $63 mil(assuming all high end purchases).

i like mma but the facts speak clearly.

imo tyson vs ali would easily end up being like pacquiao vs mayweather. may never happen but if possible pacman/tyson have plenty of power and speed. but mayweather/ali have elusiveness and imo more speed. they make fighters miss. whether it is glancing off a shoulder or a full whiff, a miss is a miss. clearly the power difference is apparant but all the power in the world doesnt always do it.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 11-15-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Red
    06 GTO

so, you assume that just attending and buying the ppv constitute all the money making, got it. the prob is your comparing one of the biggest fights in boxing history to a brock lesnar fight that wasnt even the biggest fight money wise the ufc has had.

comparing the 2 right now is pointless, all we will hear is the nutthuggers coming out. if we want to continue this lets make a new thread or take it to messages, lets stay on topic, im really interested in seeing what peoples thoughts are on this subject.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

so, you assume that just attending and buying the ppv constitute all the money making, got it. the prob is your comparing one of the biggest fights in boxing history to a brock lesnar fight that wasnt even the biggest fight money wise the ufc has had.

comparing the 2 right now is pointless, all we will hear is the nutthuggers coming out. if we want to continue this lets make a new thread or take it to messages, lets stay on topic, im really interested in seeing what peoples thoughts are on this subject.
    I haven't tallied it up but it looks to be close. Ali might have the advantage in votes
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

boxing still draws a crowd, boxers still make great money, however as I stated MMA is quickly becoming the mainstream sport of fighting, over boxing.

Sadly WWE is still the biggest and more profitable.

Comparing boxing to MMA without numbers:
    -ufc has main events once to twice a month, pro boxing a few times a year
    -mma has tons of dojos and amatuer fight leagues popping up everywhere
    -boxing practice rings and amatuer leagues are dying
    -ufc bought pride, merged with wec. Its growing

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    boxing still draws a crowd, boxers still make great money, however as I stated MMA is quickly becoming the mainstream sport of fighting, over boxing.

Sadly WWE is still the biggest and more profitable.

Comparing boxing to MMA without numbers:
    -ufc has main events once to twice a month, pro boxing a few times a year
    -mma has tons of dojos and amatuer fight leagues popping up everywhere
    -boxing practice rings and amatuer leagues are dying
    -ufc bought pride, merged with wec. Its growing
    more events doesnt mean they are winning especially when 70% of the events without brock are ignored. no draw without brock fighting. boxing has just as many low end events as mma. both draw little attention. but when the big matches come up, boxing has no competitor. whereas wrestling has their money makers in every event to milk it. when boxings money makers show up they have no equal.

people are always boxing because it is an olympic sport. im not saying mma isnt growing but its growing slow. again i like mma but there is nothing but pure competition that makes those guys get into it. they are getting paid for who they draw to watch the fight. not for how good they are. if they were paid for being good gsp would be the face of ufc not brock. mma just doesnt have a whole lot going for it until mayweather, pacquiao, etc, etc, retire. then the light transfers to chavez jr because of what his father did in his boxing career.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    more events doesnt mean they are winning especially when 70% of the events without brock are ignored. no draw without brock fighting. boxing has just as many low end events as mma. both draw little attention. but when the big matches come up, boxing has no competitor. whereas wrestling has their money makers in every event to milk it. when boxings money makers show up they have no equal.

people are always boxing because it is an olympic sport. im not saying mma isnt growing but its growing slow. again i like mma but there is nothing but pure competition that makes those guys get into it. they are getting paid for who they draw to watch the fight. not for how good they are. if they were paid for being good gsp would be the face of ufc not brock. mma just doesnt have a whole lot going for it until mayweather, pacquiao, etc, etc, retire. then the light transfers to chavez jr because of what his father did in his boxing career.
    moved to other thread
    Last edited by ibanez7; 11-16-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Ok. Ive been doing research on boxing history and found out a few things. First, Ali. Tyson, Foreman, and Frasier are all 4 on the list of top 10 hardest punching heavyweights of all time. However Ali is the only one thats signature punch was a straight jab.Thats unheard of. You would have to hit incredibly hard for a jab to be your knockout punch. Iron Mike really never did float like a butterfly, he was more of a straight foreward kinda guy. Edge Ali. George Foreman is the hardest hitting heavyweight of all time. Ali took multiple shots from Foreman. Edge Ali. As already stated Tyson could throw 4 punches per second, however Ali was the greatest at making an opponent miss. Edge...Id say a draw. Frasier and Tyson were both known for the left hook. Ali beat Frasier 2 out of 3 times but it was that left hook that floored Ali the first time they fought. So again...too close to call. I still say Ali

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information