2000 Camaro Z28

That looks amazing! You've got some skills

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Agree. Looks great!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Wowza. Subscribed.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

Thanks everyone, I've been working on this in my head for several months and I am pleased on how everything is turning out. My TIG welding isn't the greatest when trying to weld tubing but all in all it turned out pretty good. My next step is to work on getting the lower section on each side complete. I'm trying to design it so that I have a Ram Air scoop on each side getting it's air source through the factory slot of the front bumper. If it works out as planned it should be pretty sweet and the engine should have plenty of air.
    There are some things you just can't test in a white lab coat.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Nice old school ride Landon. This car is from my era. Love'em. Keep the pictures coming, they are fantastic. I like to see these older vehicles back on the road. It is a part of American automotive history. Good job.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

I was able to get a bunch of test fitting done this past weekend to make sure everything is going to mate up properly.

The Corbeau LG1 seat are going to fit very nice and they are super comfortable. I had to do a couple floor mods to get the track sliders to fit the way I wanted them to and it came out better than expected.

Next, I installed an IDIDIT Tilt Steering Column, MOMO Race Steering Wheel, 5" AUTO METER Monster Tach and the HURST Shifter Rod & Knob and all I can say is I can't wait to drive it. All of the gauges are in a great spot where I can read them all without look around anything and the relationship between the seat, pedals and column are to my liking.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

"I can't wait to drive it" is probably the understatement of the year

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Holy crap you are damn near building my dream car!! Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

This is fantastic. This is almost exactly the set up I'd like to do for a Chevelle sometime in my life (I prefer the '70 body style most, though). But an old school car on the outside, and a high tech machine on the inside... It's an awesome project you've got going here.

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    This is fantastic. This is almost exactly the set up I'd like to do for a Chevelle sometime in my life (I prefer the '70 body style most, though). But an old school car on the outside, and a high tech machine on the inside... It's an awesome project you've got going here.
    Thats exactly what I am hoping for; the appearance of the great Muscle Car Era but the performance and drivability of a modern corner carver. I want to be able to enjoy drives with people who have newer Camaro's and Corvette's and not have to worry about reliability.

The great thing about the 1970 Chevelle is now you can buy a kit and build it up in your garage with all new, not rusty, body parts; I hope you get it some day.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Buddy of mine had a 66 ( dont know if he still owns it -went into the Marines) No were near as close to yours though but i always liked that car and we got tons of compliments and questions while cruising in it.. great job on it!! Id like to do that too with a classic of some sort ...so i can mod it out and not have to deal with emissions like i do now!!

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

I can deal with the emissions stuff better than I can the use of Ethanol in our fuel. I am a SEMA SAN member and not a month goes by with them sending out warnings about Ethanol blended fuel. At least with emission systems aftermarket companies are developing better parts for the consumer than not only help with power but in some cases you can take advantage of a little better fuel economy as well.
    Last edited by CHEVELLE of JONESY; 09-04-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^^ True !! Not am Ethanol fan either....Ive heard of Sema San and like what theyre trying to do! But unfortunately here in Ca. were not supposed to have Lt headers and other mod parts ....so thats why someday id like to get a 2nd car that doesnt have to be smogged so i can modify it to my hearts content!! I think here its anything under a 1973 so thats ALOT of badass rides to choose from..and i will definately go the route your going with modern engine,suspension etc.Anyhow your cars lookin real good !!

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    ^^ True !! Not am Ethanol fan either....Ive heard of Sema San and like what theyre trying to do! But unfortunately here in Ca. were not supposed to have Lt headers and other mod parts ....so thats why someday id like to get a 2nd car that doesnt have to be smogged so i can modify it to my hearts content!! I think here its anything under a 1973 so thats ALOT of badass rides to choose from..and i will definately go the route your going with modern engine,suspension etc.Anyhow your cars lookin real good !!
    I know what you mean, I used to live in SoCal years ago and the emission laws sucked then as they do now. Luckly here in Colorado we can run more Bolt-Ons than Cali which makes me happy, but we have less air here so not as much power can be made.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

That's the same trade off I'm dealing with in AZ. When I drive my car in Los Angeles, it seems to pull twice as hard. My 2nd gear in L.A. pulls harder than my 1st gear does in Phoenix.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    1990 Iroc Z

1967 Chevelle is my favorite old school muscle car. My dad had a 1965 Chevelle when I was a kid. I loved that car. Looking good, keep it up.

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

After I got all of the mock up done in the engine bay and interior I took everything back out to start the finishing work. I also got my 2 year old daughter involved, but it was only fun for about 30 minutes before she wanted to start rearranging my tool box.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I like it getting her started early.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Thanks for sharing this build with the forum. Great progress to date.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information