Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I get weird looks when I wave or rev at fellow F-bodies or vettes...
    Same here, I think everyone here thinks they are snobby in So-Cal, don't see many Trans Am's around here though.........
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    lol me to....I love seeing other t/a's! my girlfriend thinks its stupid because i drive the same car, but i just love t/a's. Does anybody else like to see their cars driven by other people? Every once in a while i'll let the G/F drive the t/a and i have to watch her leave everytime....i dunno maybe its just me. I do the samething with my nova..
    You watch your girlfriend drive away in it because that is the last time you will see it in one piece I never ever let my wife drive it or anyone else for that matter. She doesn't like driving it anyways she says everyone just stares at her. I tell her don't worry hun they're looking at the car and not you and that usually ends with her slapping me

pewter
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    You watch your girlfriend drive away in it because that is the last time you will see it in one piece I never ever let my wife drive it or anyone else for that matter. She doesn't like driving it anyways she says everyone just stares at her. I tell her don't worry hun they're looking at the car and not you and that usually ends with her slapping me
    lol!! na shes cool, she has a 6 speed rx-8 that she loves. So she knows how much I love my car. She takes real good care of the t/a when she drives it. but I know what you mean about the staring, everytime she drives it to the store or something she has guys flirt with her cause of the car. It's like a perfect conversation starter for guys.....hell I saw a chick in 69 camaro once and I asked her to marry me!! lol she said no

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by SOCAL WS6 View Post
    I usually give the "V" to other F-Body's. If it's a fellow WS6, they get a thumbs up and a shit eating grin. As for the Mustangs, I like the aforementioned, but I usually give them a view of my exhaust!!!
    +1 , I'm in Mustang hell, you would think that was all that was made around here. I have seen only 2 more T/A's around, and a shit load of Firebirds. Most of them look abused.

Had to school a 17yr old last night, he pulled up in his Firebird, started asking all types of questions...he didn't know what T/A's are. I didn't bust his balls, just gave him some info and a homework assignment for him to have an anwser next time he see's me. I wasn't sure if he was old enough to come here so I will give it to him when he's 18...

Black
    1998 Trans Am

What is this "V" thing? Someone needs to put up a picture of this. I keep thinking of a Star Trek kinda thing.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Same here, I think everyone here thinks they are snobby in So-Cal, don't see many Trans Am's around here though.........
    I gotta say that I commute from Riverside to Los Angeles Airport everyday (88miles one way) and I throw the wave almost everyday passing another F-Body. There are some who don't respond, I figure those people are not "True Die Hard F-Body Lovers." I get more waves than weird looks.

What part of the SOCAL are you in? If I see ya I'll throw you a wave and a shit eating grin, you have a nice ride....

As for the "V" sign it's nothing more than a peace sign. Just a little cooler than a normal wave. Just an FYI, in England and Australia, the peace sign with palm facing in, is the same as the finger. So I guess you can always reverse it when they don't wave back....

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I get weird looks when I wave or rev at fellow F-bodies or vettes...
    I get the same

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I gotta say that I commute from Riverside to Los Angeles Airport everyday (88miles one way) and I throw the wave almost everyday passing another F-Body. There are some who don't respond, I figure those people are not "True Die Hard F-Body Lovers." I get more waves than weird looks.
    I agree, if they dont' wave back, I feel like they don't diserve the car. Not like you see these things everyday-we gotta keep the family strong.
    As for the "V" sign it's nothing more than a peace sign. Just a little cooler than a normal wave. Just an FYI, in England and Australia, the peace sign with palm facing in, is the same as the finger. So I guess you can always reverse it when they don't wave back....

same in Great Britain: it was started by archers when they landed a kill shot with their arrows-b/c those two fingers where the ones that released the string.

2000 Trans Am

What part of the SOCAL are you in? If I see ya I'll throw you a wave and a shit eating grin, you have a nice ride....

i live in a small town called Ridgecrest, I am here working for the DoD thanks for the compliment yours doesn't look half bad either!!!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    +1 , I'm in Mustang hell, you would think that was all that was made around here. I have seen only 2 more T/A's around, and a shit load of Firebirds. Most of them look abused.

Had to school a 17yr old last night, he pulled up in his Firebird, started asking all types of questions...he didn't know what T/A's are. I didn't bust his balls, just gave him some info and a homework assignment for him to have an anwser next time he see's me. I wasn't sure if he was old enough to come here so I will give it to him when he's 18...
    I have the same problem with mustangs in my town. There is this one particular guy that drives a new mustang GT silver, side exhaust, loovers on the rear window, big ass wing on the trunk. Everytime I see him, pull up next to him or try and get his attention he never ever looks. But I ALWAYS see him racing little ricers. My wife made the comment last night, "that guy never even looks at you when you try and mess with him, what a pussy" i just laughed....

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

I have the same problem with mustangs in my town. There is this one particular guy that drives a new mustang GT silver, side exhaust, loovers on the rear window, big ass wing on the trunk. Everytime I see him, pull up next to him or try and get his attention he never ever looks. But I ALWAYS see him racing little ricers. My wife made the comment last night, "that guy never even looks at you when you try and mess with him, what a pussy" i just laughed....

He never looks cause he knows that your the one that is faster....

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

lmao, i get a bunch of "i'll break my neck if i keep looking" looks when i drive my ws6. its hilarious, but when i pull up to a light and see some stupid ricer or some other "cool car wanna be". they don't even look over. i am dying to get them rev up or even act like they want some, what chicken shits, lol, damn i love my car. oh, when i too see a ta or ss near by i wave or give the "heads up".

Awaiting Activation
    Lol great thread. But yeah the peace sign is the universal hello for T/A owners. I just say it is lol.

He never looks cause he knows that your the one that is faster....
    Or maybe he is just not aware of his surroundings?

I sometimes don't see or hear cars next to me either unless they do something to get my attention.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Or maybe he is just not aware of his surroundings?

I sometimes don't see or hear cars next to me either unless they do something to get my attention.
    I guess he is only aware of his surroundings when ricers are around then because I always see him racing them lol!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

I guess he is only aware of his surroundings when ricers are around then because I always see him racing them lol!!!
    When comes to him racing ricers, I say let him have his fun...Hell we all luv beating ricers around, but if the chance ever comes up ask him point blank...

2000 Trans Am

When comes to him racing ricers, I say let him have his fun...Hell we all luv beating ricers around, but if the chance ever comes up ask him point blank...
    He's usually out on friday night, so i'll ask him tonight then post the results in the KILL section lol

Haha,,,ya maybe, I'm just being honest. I sometimes just don't notice cars much unless it's a nice classic car from the 50's or 60's. Not much else jumps out at me.

maple red
    2000 trans am

i rev at them and its super cool when we do it at the same time. i dont think my peace sign would work i have really dark tint on my T/A

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Everyone around here waves or nods at each other. Being in a big city i see alot of T/As but also a ton of firebirds. There is one guy that no one will acknowledge since he has 22s and and has completley ricerfied his T/A. Makes me cringe everytime i see him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information