Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Thank goodness. There's another happy couple out there. I thought the only thing left was drama queens and kings.

My wife and I have been together for 14 years next month (married for 7). We're still as happy as we were when we first met. We don't fight, never have. We just get along.

congrats and that is awesome.

I agree with you, its seems like everyone rushes to get married and does nothing but bitch about their spouse or bitch at their spouse. Its total annoying drama.

you said it perfectly
    "we just get along"

thats how amber and I are. it just works.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    i have been with amber for about 4.5 years. she doesnt bitch and we have never fought.
    i find that hard to believe, she NEVER disagrees with u? or she does and shes just the type of girl to not say anything because she doesnt wanna fight? she doesnt find anything u do to be the least bit anoying where she might say something that men consider "bitching"?

Professional shit starter Smurfvette05's Avatar

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    i find that hard to believe, she NEVER disagrees with u? or she does and shes just the type of girl to not say anything because she doesnt wanna fight? she doesnt find anything u do to be the least bit anoying where she might say something that men consider "bitching"?
    I was thinking the same thing. Either you are whipped or she is scared to tell you what she is really thinking. I find it hard to believe that in that amount of time, you have not fought.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

because some one hasn't experienced or seen something like that doesn't mean it doens't exist... there will all ways be disagreements but to fight about it is different than debating...

My wife and I have been together for 19 years and married for 16. We are still very happy. We have our moments where we get on each others nerves though.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    because some one hasn't experienced or seen something like that doesn't mean it doens't exist... there will all ways be disagreements but to fight about it is different than debating...
    ive experienced that, when i had a guy who was so eager to please he wouldnt say anything that went against me, we never fought, he never wined like men do.... and it was because one of us was sacraficing thats what im saying...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

find it hard to believe, but its true.

We get along great, not one fight or arguement in the 4.5 years of being together and almost 3 years living together.

our relationship is still as if we just started dating. Its fun, goofy and hot!!!

sure we disagree on somethings but it never turns into a fight or arguement, we just turn it into an agreement.

Amber has attitude, backbone and spice, she doesnt cower down and by nature she does not bitch. She feels there is no point, its get nothing accomplished.

Its the oddest thing, I'm 31, shes 25. I have dated many girls, short term and long term, all of them until now required effort in the relationship.
    Amber and I, just work. No effort needed to make the relationship healthy.
    Also she feels as I do, dont make sacrifices! Sacrifices only lead to resentment. Fighting is pointless., however speaking your mind is important.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfvette05 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Either you are whipped or she is scared to tell you what she is really thinking. I find it hard to believe that in that amount of time, you have not fought.

I'm not whipped and either is she.

we just have a good synergy

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

find it hard to believe, but its true.

We get along great, not one fight or arguement in the 4.5 years of being together and almost 3 years living together.

our relationship is still as if we just started dating. Its fun, goofy and hot!!!

sure we disagree on somethings but it never turns into a fight or arguement, we just turn it into an agreement.

Amber has attitude, backbone and spice, she doesnt cower down and by nature she does not bitch. She feels there is no point, its get nothing accomplished.

Its the oddest thing, I'm 31, shes 25. I have dated many girls, short term and long term, all of them until now required effort in the relationship.
    Amber and I, just work. No effort needed to make the relationship healthy.
    Also she feels as I do, dont make sacrifices! Sacrifices only lead to resentment. Fighting is pointless., however speaking your mind is important.
    then congrats on finding the perfect girl for you.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

ive experienced that, when i had a guy who was so eager to please he wouldnt say anything that went against me, we never fought, he never wined like men do.... and it was because one of us was sacraficing thats what im saying...
    all part of a relationship... so what happened to that guy???

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    exactly...

and spaz, you know I speak my mind on lsall.com and you know their has not been one time that I complained about amber or posted about her and I fighting, cause it doesnt happen.

some people just get along.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Very good advice. These are the ideas that I try to live by.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

exactly...

and spaz, you know I speak my mind on lsall.com and you know their has not been one time that I complained about amber or posted about her and I fighting, cause it doesnt happen.

some people just get along.

yup yup!!!

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Just have to find someone you can live with, the bitchin is natural on both sides.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

then congrats on finding the perfect girl for you.
    LOL never said she was perfect.

her and I get along great and feel relationships can be different and handled different then what people typically think or what is portrayed on tv.

this is why amber and I work so well as a couple.

sacrifice = resentment
    yeah in the short time sacrifice seems good but it creates resentment in your subconscience andin the long run will eventually be thrown back in your face

fighting = long term scars
    yeah things might seem good right after you got out of your system and things might have changed. However the scar of that fight always sits in the subconscience part of your mind and will come back to haunt the relationship. Also the changes portrayed after a fight, go back to how things where, bringing the fight right back

never need to be with someone
    needing to be with someone sounds sweet but creates dependancy issues and cause a relationship to become clingy. Keep the relationship as a WANT.

never fall for someones potential
    if you fall for someones potential, more then likely you will never see it, and demand that they change. Love a person for who they are or find someone else.

always keep everything fun

Those things listed above are what I experience and observed in relationships that have failed and or failing. With those thoughts in mind it has kept things smooth and great.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfvette05 View Post
    That is only after we have put up with so much shit from you guys. Then we get what we really don't want, we just take it to piss you off and make you pay.
    my ex tried that on me. all to quickly she found out that my house and bank accounts were not in my name, she got nothing.
    the dumbest thing men do is put their wives names on shit they own.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    my ex tried that on me. all to quickly she found out that my house and bank accounts were not in my name, she got nothing.

agreed....

I will never share my signiture with someone, and I will never let them share theirs with mine. Yeah its sounds sweet to buy and own things together but the reality of it, is wrong and nothing last forever.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

meh- you guys and girls are too paranoid. I've been divorced twice, and both time it was on fairly good terms. People just grow apart.

Of course, I ended up with nothing but pocket change after both, but we're still friends.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    That goes both ways Everything I own is in my name alone. Including bank accounts, credit cards etc.... I have never even had my husbands name on any of my cars. They are MINE

The only thing we own jointly is the house.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    That goes both ways Everything I own is in my name alone. Including bank accounts, credit cards etc.... I have never even had my husbands name on any of my cars. They are MINE

The only thing we own jointly is the house.
    your totally right that it "can" go both ways.
    in all reality, women dont have the same worth as men.
    just about all the guys i know that got married including myself owned a house , condo or townhouse. the women on the other hand either were renting or still living with mom and pops, yet still managed to have a pile of debt because they needed to buy $300 jeans they couldnt afford so they charged away.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information