Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    So you're saying get Koni's or nothing? There is no competition against them?

that's kinda like saying get a Corvette or nothing if you want a performance car.
    Did I say that? I don't think so. Show me where I said that?

Now, if you want a shock that's worth a damned and isn't fragile then I'd stay away from AGX's. If you don't want to that's your call and you won't be first to realize you get what you pay for. I sell AGX's, and Bilstein, and Koni, and Edelbrock, and I can sell QA1, and Monroe, and Gabriel, and on the other end uber-dollar shocks like Penske, Moton and AST.

Believe me, don't..... really doens't much matter to me personally. Do you deny that a Corvette is a better starting point for a performance car than a Camaro? You can't think a Z06 of even a C5 FRC, or even a C4 is inferior to an F-body in any number of ways...

I'm saying this. If you want to do research and find out why Koni's rock there is plenty of information. If you want to pull facts out of the air that really aren't true, like Koni's being $1k+, or that QA1's are better simply because they are Double adjustable (without knowing what that means and why it doesn't really matter for handling in most cases), or that AGX's are great because a bunch of guys with Supra's have them well that's your business.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
    Did I say that? I don't think so. Show me where I said that?

Now, if you want a shock that's worth a damned and isn't fragile then I'd stay away from AGX's. If you don't want to that's your call and you won't be first to realize you get what you pay for. I sell AGX's, and Bilstein, and Koni, and Edelbrock, and I can sell QA1, and Monroe, and Gabriel, and on the other end uber-dollar shocks like Penske, Moton and AST.

Believe me, don't..... really doens't much matter to me personally. Do you deny that a Corvette is a better starting point for a performance car than a Camaro? You can't think a Z06 of even a C5 FRC, or even a C4 is inferior to an F-body in any number of ways...

I'm saying this. If you want to do research and find out why Koni's rock there is plenty of information. If you want to pull facts out of the air that really aren't true, like Koni's being $1k+, or that QA1's are better simply because they are Double adjustable (without knowing what that means and why it doesn't really matter for handling in most cases), or that AGX's are great because a bunch of guys with Supra's have them well that's your business.

I'm not looking to pull over 1 g on a skipad. I think some of us just want to lower our cars for a respectable price.

White
    2001 Z28

And again, you are showing just how little you know about this subject. Shocks do not make you pull 1g on a skidpad. Most important thing there are tires, by far.

If you just want to lower the car for a respectable price, then just slap some springs on and be done. Can't get cheaper than that.... well, you could if you cut you stock springs, so why not do that?

Destroyer of Mustangs RaceMyLS1's Avatar

Black/Red
    98 Trans Am/99 Firebird

No offense intended, but you are continuing to show your ignorance here.
    Those of us who compete don't run Koni's because they are Koni's. We run them because they offer the best control and we want the best handling, least upsettable car. These are things many want on the street as well.
    Not all of us are trying to become SCCA Champions. Not all of us have as much money as you. We all agree with you Koni's are the best, but you make it sound as if I should sell my car and give up on life if I don't install Koni's.. God forbid someone has a different opinion than you.. Sorry. (PS: you have the Koni logo tattooed on your body somewhere, don't you..?

White
    2001 Z28

You guys are digging yourself a hole.

Do you think the car knows where it's being driven? I don't. Do you think somehow mass that needs damped suddenly evaporates when driven on the street? I don't.

I'm sorry that I have some credentials that can go to back up my findings. I'm sorry you think I'm so biased, despite my best efforts to enlighten those who are a bit more clueless. With attitudes like this it's any wonder I keep doing it. Ask around. When you talk to those who've had various shocks including Koni's which they like best, it won't be KYB or QA1's.

Maybe a great part isn't for you. Sometimes folks prefer saving money, and that's fine as long at they UNDERSTAND and don't have delusions that AGX's are as good as a Koni (or frankly built nearly as well as Bilstein's). You guys seem to be doing exactly that.

I think it's humorous that somehow the fact I've been successful in competition that somehow makes me incapable of understanding anything but competition. Funny, my car is tagged and street driven. I have taken customers for rides and the rides generally sells product because they see just how well I can make the car work (including riding less crashingly than stock).

Eh, what do I know?

Destroyer of Mustangs RaceMyLS1's Avatar

Black/Red
    98 Trans Am/99 Firebird

You are the most educated on this website, no doubt about that, and your famous in the f-body community (they love your springs, haha).. I'm happy that I get to ask you questions and that I get your input on things. Please don't write me off as some punk kid in a LS1, as I will want your advice on many future car dilemmas I will have.. I definitely understand that the AGX is not even close to Koni. I would love to have Koni's, but im paying $300 per used book for college, lol...
    "A blind chimpanzee driving a WS6 with a dead hooker strapped to the hood should be able to put that thing deep into the 13's."

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMyLS1 View Post
    You are the most educated on this website, no doubt about that, and your famous in the f-body community (they love your springs, haha).. I'm happy that I get to ask you questions and that I get your input on things. Please don't write me off as some punk kid in a LS1, as I will want your advice on many future car dilemmas I will have.. I definitely understand that the AGX is not even close to Koni. I would love to have Koni's, but im paying $300 per used book for college, lol...

no doubt +1

red
    2000 camaro ss

koni!
    2000 red ss: >2" drop, koni adjustables 'n 275 s-compounds all way around, giant brakes, dynatech LT's, borla catback (no plate), t56, tubular everything, HARD TOP, caged, "stock" heads 'n a mean cam. -2* front camber.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

I have to thank all you guys on here for posting your individual opinions. When I decided I was going to upgrade my shocks and springs I initially thought about just going with the Bilstein BTS kit...but after doing some research I've decided to wait and save up for the Koni/Strano set up. Def not the cheapest setup but most raved by who have experience with them. My car is still covered and up on stands but before it comes down for the season I plan on contacting Sam.

black
    02 vette vert

strano performance parts huh? sounds like a typical self praising "champion" who doesnt care about people on a budget just trying to make ends meet and improve their car a little! you aint shit cuz youre not listening to me and youre buying cheaper parts other than my award winning set-ups. just shoot us then we wont embarass the motor-sports community any more.
    Last edited by dklowrider; 03-26-2009 at 04:48 PM.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    strano performance parts huh? sounds like a typical self praising "champion" who doesnt care about people on a budget just trying to make ends meet and improve their car a little! you aint shit cuz youre not listening to me and youre buying cheaper parts other than my award winning set-ups. just shoot us then we wont embarass the motor-sports community any more.
    sounds like someone really wants a set of strano's but is frustrated by the economy

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Joe00SS View Post
    sounds like someone really wants a set of strano's but is frustrated by the economy
    not at all. i was listening to some of the posters trying to explain their position. i can buy whatever i want for my car, or the bike. i just choose where to spend my hard earned money. one consideration is the attitude of the people im giving it to.

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    My job is to offer the best parts and advice I can for a customer based on their wants and needs. If you think I should compromise automatically because some people like you can't afford, or are otherwise too cheap to pony up for quality parts, I'm sorry--I won't.

I sell less expensive shocks, springs and swaybars (in fact I have less expensive versions of most everything I sell). Why? Because based on the *CUSTOMERS* wants sometimes those things will work, and when they will, I'll use them. But it's rare when someone calls and says "I want mediocre, can you help me?".

I don't know what your problem is here dklowrider, but there are always a few haters in every forum that just want to attack instead of learn and try and understand. Best of all, generally they have never ever even talked to me. I can only surmise hey just hate the idea that someone might have more knowledge than they do.

BTW, you aren't far away. My car is tagged for the street and I take folks for ride on the local PA roads all the time (and they are worse than yours in Harrisburg). When they get a load of how composed the car is, how not harsh it is, and how stable they are always somewhat impressed. I'd invite you to experience before judging. And you want cheap stuff instead, I can accomodate that as well. But don't delude yourself into thinking AGX's are Koni's, or that Eibach's are the same as my springs.
    Last edited by Sam Strano; 03-27-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

My job is to offer the best parts and advice I can for a customer based on their wants and needs. If you think I should compromise automatically because some people like you can't afford, or are otherwise too cheap to pony up for quality parts, I'm sorry--I won't.

I sell less expensive shocks, springs and swaybars (in fact I have less expensive versions of most everything I sell). Why? Because based on the *CUSTOMERS* wants sometimes those things will work, and when they will, I'll use them. But it's rare when someone calls and says "I want mediocre, can you help me?".

I don't know what your problem is here dklowrider, but there are always a few haters in every forum that just want to attack instead of learn and try and understand. Best of all, generally they have never ever even talked to me. I can only surmise hey just hate the idea that someone might have more knowledge than they do.

BTW, you aren't far away. My car is tagged for the street and I take folks for ride on the local PA roads all the time (and they are worse than yours in Harrisburg). When they get a load of how composed the car is, how not harsh it is, and how stable they are always somewhat impressed. I'd invite you to experience before judging. And you want cheap stuff instead, I can accomodate that as well. But don't delude yourself into thinking AGX's are Koni's, or that Eibach's are the same as my springs.

Dude, no one ever said that the Koni/Strano setup wasn't the best. But you should accommodate customers requests when they say "I don't want to spend that much, and I understand that there will be a difference in performance, so what else do you have?"

black
    02 vette vert

i think you should reread all your postings here if you want to see who the hater is.while you're at it reread mine, i can buy anything you got any-time i want it, so you dont need to play me on the jealous, broke, wanna-be side. the people im talking about do have real world issues,school,family, whatever, and you talk down to them real bad. if you dont see it, denial is in full force.

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    Dude, no one ever said that the Koni/Strano setup wasn't the best. But you should accommodate customers requests when they say "I don't want to spend that much, and I understand that there will be a difference in performance, so what else do you have?"
    and you just keep feeding the ego.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

get off your high horse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information