Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 52122232425

Thread: NFL Playoffs

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Fumbling the football ..... It is a BAD thing...
    Well I look at it like this...both did better than the Giants did this season. I dunno what the hell went wrong with the G-men this season but damn they looked like lame ducks.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Blind?? The Vikings lost the game.. The Saint's just happened to be there. So they took the spoils of the Vikings playing like crap.
    Yeah, it is kinda strange how the number 1 seed "just happend to be there" isn't it?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Yeah, it is kinda strange how the number 1 seed "just happend to be there" isn't it?
    Just happened to be there was a joke. LoL people take this game to serious.

White
    2000 Trans AM

So the Viking fumbled 5 times....
    Who's fault is that? Do you honestly blame the Saints for taking advantage of that?
    Its amazing how people bitch abouts refs, stats, gifts, ball control.

Final Score
    Minnesota 28
    New Orleans 31

Bitch, complain and cry all you want. I'm going over to the Super Bowl thread when its created. Sorry most of the haters can't join me.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jamessr View Post
    So the Viking fumbled 5 times....
    Who's fault is that? Do you honestly blame the Saints for taking advantage of that?
    Its amazing how people bitch abouts refs, stats, gifts, ball control.

Final Score
    Minnesota 28
    New Orleans 31

Bitch, complain and cry all you want. I'm going over to the Super Bowl thread when its created. Sorry most of the haters can't join me.
    Seems like you watched the game alot of us saw. When you fumble 5 times... You have lost the game for yourself.. Oh well ...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

3 fumbles (2 in the red zone) 2 intercepts but who's counting

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

less than a minute to go .. interception .. could have kicked the wining FG .. thats why the Vikings didnt win .. other 4 didnt matter

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    3 fumbles (2 in the red zone) 2 intercepts but who's counting
    Duh no your right... LoL 3 fumbles and 2 intercepts... Kinda makes it hard to win a game.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCy46NWO4s[/ame]

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

5- turnovers, 2 in the red zone and NO still needed overtime and a head referee refusing to overturn anything called on the field. Minn wasn't the one's calling for the booth reviews, that was the replay booth up above. I guess there wasn't concrete enough evidence.
    Minnesota lost because they let Favre get slapped around and still expected him to not act shell-shocked anytime he dropped back to pass. They lost because they couldn't punch it in and had to settle for a field goal from the 1-yard line in the first half. They lost because they turned the ball over in the red zone.
    I didn't see much from the Saints offense, but their defense did what they needed to do. Knock around the 40-year old, sometimes late but get the hits in. Attempt the strip on every tackle. Get the turnover.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Refs had nothing to do with the turn of the game, refs did a good job.

Most of the Vikings TOs were not forced tonight, just careless mistakes. Congrats Saints.

Refs/booth review - I agreed they had good calls except for 2. 1 =in OT and the other in the 4th. NO receiver did not have complete possession of the ball when he hit the ground in OT that put them with in field goal range. The 4th qtr on I need to go back and find it again.

Any ways, Vikings Saints game was probably one of the most exciting games I saw all season. Early on I could see that it was going to be who go the ball in last 2 mins and not make any mistakes.

Enjoy it Saints fans, enjoy! You finally made it to the prom. But can you dance well to earn the crown? We will see, we will see. Hope you don't become like the Bills.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    less than a minute to go .. interception .. could have kicked the wining FG .. thats why the Vikings didnt win .. other 4 didnt matter
    I was telling my kids that they should have gone for the FG on 3rd. If the kicker missed he would have had a second chance. Someones EGO stepped into that huddle. Also with 12 men in the huddle?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I was telling my kids that they should have gone for the FG on 3rd. If the kicker missed he would have had a second chance. Someones EGO stepped into that huddle. Also with 12 men in the huddle?
    if he would've missed it would've been Saints ball.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Vikings lost. They beat themselves. They choked. They ALWAYS choke, and thats why I am not surprised. This should have been an ass-whooping but they deciding to keep dropping the ball. The biggest bonehead move of the ENTIRE game was Tahi being the 12th man on the field. AFTER a TO? That is so unexcusable. That stupid penalty lead to Favre's mistake, but that should have never of been the case. We would have been left with a max ~50 yd to win the game. But noooo

Then OT. Yes, 2 TERRIBLE calls, first the spot on the '1st down' and 2nd on the 'pass interference. But what can u do? The game should have never went into OT. Can't blame the Saints for taking advantage of a choke-job.

Typical Vikings.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Ummm...look at where he hails from?

Wow, what is your problem?

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Vikings lost. They beat themselves. They choked. They ALWAYS choke, and thats why I am not surprised. This should have been an ass-whooping but they deciding to keep dropping the ball. The biggest bonehead move of the ENTIRE game was Tahi being the 12th man on the field. AFTER a TO? That is so unexcusable. That stupid penalty lead to Favre's mistake, but that should have never of been the case. We would have been left with a max ~50 yd to win the game. But noooo

Then OT. Yes, 2 TERRIBLE calls, first the spot on the '1st down' and 2nd on the 'pass interference. But what can u do? The game should have never went into OT. Can't blame the Saints for taking advantage of a choke-job.

Typical Vikings.
    Will Brett torture the Viking fans with yet another season?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Wow, what is your problem?
    sounds like the familiar whistle of a sore loser to me. I saw questionable calls on both sides of the ball but I see that every game and it's part of the game. What about the personal foul on hargrove for hitting brett as he was releasing the ball? Either way they beat the old man up pretty good and it was a good game plan by Gregg Williams. Makes sense to bang around an older QB like that. It was also one of the better games I've watched the entire season and definitely the best game of the post season. The vikes/chicago game was probably the only other game I watched that was as good as this one was.
    I just ask that you root against them again which I know you will.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    sounds like the familiar whistle of a sore loser to me. I saw questionable calls on both sides of the ball but I see that every game and it's part of the game. What about the personal foul on hargrove for hitting brett as he was releasing the ball? Either way they beat the old man up pretty good and it was a good game plan by Gregg Williams. Makes sense to bang around an older QB like that. It was also one of the better games I've watched the entire season and definitely the best game of the post season. The vikes/chicago game was probably the only other game I watched that was as good as this one was.
    I just ask that you root against them again which I know you will.
    Regardless of the calls, had the Vikings took care of what they can control, meaning holding on to the ball and not having bonehead mistakes, they probably would have won the game and not been in position to have what some people perceive as bad judgements on the refs parts. This is my philosophy, the Vikings didn't take care of their own business. I don't care if the refs did or did not make bad calls, and I am not saying they did make bad calls. That stuff is part of the game and happens in every game. I would have liked to have seen the Vikings win, but they didn't handle their own business. They didn't deserve to win with 5 effing turnovers. Come back next year, work harder, get home field advantage and make your own "luck".

I really don't care who wins out of the Saints-Colts, won't be rooting for or against either team. No hate or love for either side. My prediction, Saints need 3 turnovers to win the game. If they don't get the turnovers from the Colts, the Colts win.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Refs/booth review - I agreed they had good calls except for 2. 1 =in OT and the other in the 4th. NO receiver did not have complete possession of the ball when he hit the ground in OT that put them with in field goal range. The 4th qtr on I need to go back and find it again.

Any ways, Vikings Saints game was probably one of the most exciting games I saw all season. Early on I could see that it was going to be who go the ball in last 2 mins and not make any mistakes.

Enjoy it Saints fans, enjoy! You finally made it to the prom. But can you dance well to earn the crown? We will see, we will see. Hope you don't become like the Bills.
    The way to solve that problem, is the Vikings could have handled their business better at the end of the game, no 12th man, no RIDICULOUS "I am a hero" INTERCEPTION thrown by Brett and maybe the Vikings would have kicked a FG at the end of the game and won it. Then there would not have been an OT. Vikings have no one to blame but themselves for this loss. The Saints worked to acquire home field advantage, and getting the benefit of marginal judgements/calls is part of having home field advantage. Again, the Vikings have no one to blame but themselves.

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

They shouldn't have asked a 40-year old Brett to sneak it in from the 1 on 3rd down in the first half. They shouldn't have put the ball on the ground.
    Each of the personal fouls were justified. You can't pick up a quarterback and drive him into the ground in the league these days. If it was Tom Brady out there he would've gotten more calls, like the one where the defender clocked him below the knees from behind as another was hitting him from the front and high(I think the league instituted it after Brady was hurt, so I call it the Brady rule). I think if they go out there and put the pads on they should be hit, but the rules aren't written that way. Maybe they need to put dresses on them, I don't know. I was surprised the offensive line didn't stand up for him just a bit and mix it up for the old guy. I expected the Vikings defenders to pick up Brees and drop him on his head. They didn't. They had a quarterback running for his life(much like Romo the week before), the Saints didn't.

We'll see if Peyton can get rid of the ball faster, because we all know he can't move very good.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 52122232425

Thread Information