425 87.09%
  • Dino

40 8.20%
  • Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

17 3.48%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3192021222324252627435363 ... LastLast
    last year my cousin(owns a t/a) told me not to run synthetic in my car so i called the dealer and he told me not to use it in my car until i had over 70000 miles on it, i only have 30k on mine now. is there any truth to this?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

thats kind of what i thought but why the hell would they say that??

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    last year my cousin(owns a t/a) told me not to run synthetic in my car so i called the dealer and he told me not to use it in my car until i had over 70000 miles on it, i only have 30k on mine now. is there any truth to this?
    Yes your dealer married his sister and is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yes your dealer married his sister and is an idiot.
    no dispute here, just thought id run by you guys

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

too funny........

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Hoping Sarge or someone else out there can answer my question, is auto rx compatible with synthetic oil? I plan on running Mobil-1 5-30 or 0-40 with Valvoline synthetic oil treatment and would like to run the auto rx as well. Just want to feed the goat the right mixture.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Goatdriver View Post
    Hoping Sarge or someone else out there can answer my question, is auto rx compatible with synthetic oil? I plan on running Mobil-1 5-30 or 0-40 with Valvoline synthetic oil treatment and would like to run the auto rx as well. Just want to feed the goat the right mixture.
    dude, use castrol when using auto-rx. and use a new filter fo sho. then use pennzoil platinum for the rinse faze. sarge says so, so it must be right

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

True. Utilizing a synthetic during the cleaning phase is a waste of sorts. I'll explain....
    Synthetics have significant add packs to suspend "stuff" and deliver it to the filter. When you mix Auto RX with a synthetic oil it fights against Auto RX cleaning the surfaces....in other words working against Auto RX to clean the ring packs and surfaces...so you do not get as good of a cleaning....the cleaning cycle is so damn short anyway you wouldn't want to put $5 per quart synthetic in there and drain it after just 1500 miles. Now the rinse phase you can utilize Pennzoil Platinum which works well with Auto RX.....bottom line is this...Auto RX has no solvents...Esters/Lanolins clean the shit out of your internals allowing your oil to do its job on the surfaces that normally are coated with crap.....cleans and conditions the seals...all good man...so use Castrol GTX or Pennzoil Dino for the cleaning phase and the rinse phase then go back to your oil of choice.
    I've seen compression go from 20lbs per cylinder to over 90lbs after using Auto RX...cars run smoother and put down more RWHP. No snake oil going on here. Just really good chemistry and results. I'll invite the inventor and patent holder Frank over to share and answer any questions you guys may have.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Just spoke with Frank. He is issuing discount coupons for LS1.COM members. I will post up the code as soon as he gets them loaded onto his website.
    Thank You Frank!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hell yeah Sarge! thanx, i'm about to order some auto-rx pretty soon.

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Sarge, a couple more questions and then I'll let it rest. We bought a carryover Jeep overland with a 5.7 litre hemi which calls for 5-20 weight oil, I was in wal-mart one day and was buying some Mobil-1 oil and the only oil they had in 5-20 was Motorcraft synthetic blend and Pennzoil platinum so I went with the Pennzoil since it was a full synthetic, my question is how good is Pennzoil platinum compared to Mobil-1 or Amsoil and do you think I could run 5-30 synthetic in this vehicle (seems to me that 5-20 is awfully thin and in the summer would really thin out). Also what do you think of Shell Rotella full synthetic 5-40 oil? It says it is recomended in Detroit diesels as well as the Duramax diesel in the GMC pickups as well as gas engines. The price is similiar to Pennzoil platinum at Wal-mart less than $4 per quart and I was thinking of running it in my GMC Sierra pickup with the 5.3 litre gas engine instead of 5-30 mobil-1. Thanks for your input.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Thanks again, Sarge. I'm in for the Auto-Rx with the discount.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Goatdriver View Post
    Sarge, a couple more questions and then I'll let it rest. We bought a carryover Jeep overland with a 5.7 litre hemi which calls for 5-20 weight oil, I was in wal-mart one day and was buying some Mobil-1 oil and the only oil they had in 5-20 was Motorcraft synthetic blend and Pennzoil platinum so I went with the Pennzoil since it was a full synthetic, my question is how good is Pennzoil platinum compared to Mobil-1 or Amsoil and do you think I could run 5-30 synthetic in this vehicle (seems to me that 5-20 is awfully thin and in the summer would really thin out). Also what do you think of Shell Rotella full synthetic 5-40 oil? It says it is recomended in Detroit diesels as well as the Duramax diesel in the GMC pickups as well as gas engines. The price is similiar to Pennzoil platinum at Wal-mart less than $4 per quart and I was thinking of running it in my GMC Sierra pickup with the 5.3 litre gas engine instead of 5-30 mobil-1. Thanks for your input.
    Pennzoil Platinum is damn good oil. Not just good...damn good. I know 5-20 seems like water but the UOA's are stellar...so I'd run the PP 5-20 and not worry a lick....Hell many a drag racer ( including myself) use Shell Rotella)...high detergency and excellent film strength...many say the HDEO's ruin catalytic convertors...yeah they do...after about a kabillion miles....good oil....I mean it is API rated for gas engines....I love the stuff...
    To be clear...I find Pennzoil Platinum to be superior to Mobil1 and on equal to Amsoil. No doubt.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

We have the Auto RX coupon for members....when ordering Auto RX use this code for your discount....
    ARXLS1
    This stuff is the real deal. Follow the instructions............

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey Sarge, sorry to bother you but what do you think about delco, wix, bosch, and k&n filters. just wondering

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Thanks for the reply Sarge, one more question about filters how do the Purolator pure one filters stack up against AC/Delco or Napa Gold filters?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

On filters....I have cut open more than I care to admit too I have read every "flow and filter" test ever published and I have come to this conclusion. Fram sucks. AC Delco and Purolators are good...WIX/NAPA are great and all the rest ( KN/Mobil1) are top of the line but you wont ever be able to justify the cost of those filters and realize an equal amount of benefit over say a AC Delco....make sense? I run NAPA on everything I own except the Mercedes and it gets the lambs wool filter

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Sarge, I received the "$44 special" case of VP Racing oil last week. In your opinion, how does it measure up compared to Amsoil S2000, Royal Purple XPR, Redline, etc.?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Add packs are top shelf. PAO oil for $5 bucks....excellent results...I mean...who can compete with that? It is on par with the oils you mention. Equal should I say. No doubt.

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3192021222324252627435363 ... LastLast

Thread Information