Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 21819202122232425 LastLast
    A few days ago, a rough-looking guy on crutches said something like, "That's a good-looking car." I said "Thank you," without really looking at him, because I figured he might be homeless and trying to butter me up. Later, I got a better look at him and realized he's probably not homeless and noticed he's missing half a foot. So I prefer muscle cars to motorcycles.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

Best complainant I ever got was a car full of collage chicks pull next to me at a stop light an three of them flashed me. Then yelled burn um up!!!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

well the trans am was put away for the winter, but one of my best buddies from HS just signed to go to the marines, and bought a 2011 5.0 mustang and was highly confident this would absolutely rape the trans am.... so i had to go home put the wheels back on and roll back into town, raced twice, took him off the line about a car, pulled pry half a car, then held even to about 110 and he started creepin back up on me and was back even by 135ish both races, and after that, sorta ashamed he let me hear the fabled "you won" and i gave him shit about losing to a 11 year older car that makes less power...... and hes like honestly, if you wouldnt have bought one first thats exactly what i woulda bought..... the other compliment was from the guy who was passenger in the mustang, when we went back to the house, he was like dude when that thing is running full out, it sounds downright nasty..... I take that as a compliment lol

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Back when I had my WS6 I was at the drive thru and this guy said to me "Hey you son of a bitch turn that off I can't hear the damn lady!" I turned it off and then he said "Nice car by the way."

midnight metalic blue
    98 Pontiac Trans Am

Last week i was out back in the drive way at my house and i fired up the car and had the cut out open. at the same time a cop drove infront of my house and nailed the brakes, a few seconds later there is a cop car in the alley. me being the smartass i am i just asked him if there was a problem and with a smile he said, " no i just hope i dont ever have to pull you over bc this looks and sounds like one thats not going to stop. very nice car man." i said thanks and about that same time he realized he had pulled me over just earlier that week in my truck. kind of random and not the typical compliment but i enjoyed it.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    ive came to the conclusion that they either think that if they can drive it they are proving something to you, versus just being a beef pillow..... oooorrrr the very few who actually appreciate it....
    I know this is an old post, but me being a woman, I will say that all these answers are correct. I myself fall under the catagory of the "few who actually appreciate it" with that being said, those of us who are in the "few" catagory don't ask to drive, we go out and get our own
    Last edited by dragonchick; 12-29-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: missed a word

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    I know this is an old post, but me being a woman, I will say that all these answers are correct. I myself fall under the catagory of the "few who actually appreciate it" with that being said, those of us who are in the "few" catagory don't ask to drive, we go out and get our own
    HOLY SHIT A WOMAN WHO SAID IM RIGHT!! LO JP

but yes,IE one of the girls who stole/borrowed my car.... now has a 2011 stang 5.0

black
    2001 Trans Am

Ok, as far as compliments on my T/A, I get quite a few of them now that she's been repainted. ALOT of comments on her airbrushing. What realy puts a big smile on my face are the double takes people do. At 1st glance the airbrushing ain't noticeable. but then something will catch a person's eye, and then they're like "OH COOL!!!!! THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!! WHO DONE THAT?!?!?!?

I now have alot of fun at shows. Hood up, not many people come around, they barely notice the flames on the side, but then I put the hood down and it's like a magnut, people get a glance of that hood bird and it's OOOO's and AHHHH'S and WOW!!! THAT'S SHARP!!! and other kind compliments.

I also wish i had a dollar for everytime someone asked me if my T/A has a supercharger or something. My car sucks, Literally, and so many people ask me what I got under the hood, when I say I have no supercharger, they're like "Are you sure" and i'm like I may not be very car smart, but I don't think i'd miss something like that, lol. But yeah, I take that as a compliment too

black
    2001 Trans Am

HOLY SHIT A WOMAN WHO SAID IM RIGHT!! LO JP

but yes,IE one of the girls who stole/borrowed my car.... now has a 2011 stang 5.0
    Hey, I just tell it like it is, lol

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Hey, I just tell it like it is, lol
    lol im known amongs my friends as the one who will be brutally honest so its expected, but the girl with the 5.0 had joked that she wanted to drive the trans am, and she was a good friend of mine and one day she said she wanted to drive it 7th period (her free period) and i sarcastically said keys are in it, and i walked out of the school and the fucker was gone i was like wtf its still gone, lol turns out she moved it far enough away to watch the panic on my face and then i seen her sittin in the drivers seat with the tops off i couldnt help but smile and laugh

black
    2001 Trans Am

lol im known amongs my friends as the one who will be brutally honest so its expected, but the girl with the 5.0 had joked that she wanted to drive the trans am, and she was a good friend of mine and one day she said she wanted to drive it 7th period (her free period) and i sarcastically said keys are in it, and i walked out of the school and the fucker was gone i was like wtf its still gone, lol turns out she moved it far enough away to watch the panic on my face and then i seen her sittin in the drivers seat with the tops off i couldnt help but smile and laugh
    LMAO!!!!! That sounds like a prank i'd play, lol

Black
    2001 Firebird Formula

Funniest one I ever heard was from the finance guy when I was buying the Formula many years ago. He had just bot himself an '02 SS. He told me he was sitting at a stoplight with the T's out and some young girls in the car next to him said "hey mister, does your son know you've got his car?"

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000dreambird View Post
    Best complainant I ever got was a car full of collage chicks pull next to me at a stop light an three of them flashed me. Then yelled burn um up!!!
    same collage you went to?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    same collage you went to?

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

i had another good one the other day. The new girl im talking to hasnt seen the car yet since its been sitting for the last few months. She came over to the house for the first time friday while i put her stereo in and couldnt stop staring at the t/a. She walks over to it and starts looking at the gauges pillar (there tinted). She goes what are those? So i stop what im doing and go over and turn the key to on so they light up for her. I guess i had the a/c on cause the blower motor kicked over too.

She goes: wow your car sounds so cool. I laughed at her... she questions why... I rock the key over and fire it up for real (its currently open header). She must have jumped back 10 feet... shes now hooked and just as excited about me finishing the build as i am lol

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

i had a 30-40 year old lady yelling and honking her horn when i was sitting at a stop light the other day with the cut out open just to tell me that she thought that my car was HOTT and that it sounded amazing it made my day

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    i had another good one the other day. The new girl im talking to hasnt seen the car yet since its been sitting for the last few months. She came over to the house for the first time friday while i put her stereo in and couldnt stop staring at the t/a. She walks over to it and starts looking at the gauges pillar (there tinted). She goes what are those? So i stop what im doing and go over and turn the key to on so they light up for her. I guess i had the a/c on cause the blower motor kicked over too.

She goes: wow your car sounds so cool. I laughed at her... she questions why... I rock the key over and fire it up for real (its currently open header). She must have jumped back 10 feet... shes now hooked and just as excited about me finishing the build as i am lol
    she got any sisters???

Black
    2000 T/A

This kid(maybe 4) and his mom came through my register one day, this kid is decked out in batman, I mean hat, shoes, shirt, carrying a batman toy. I ask him do you like batman? He goes "yeah! I saw batmans car outside!!!"
    I say "that's my car" then I wink. His mom starts cracking up, but her son is convinced I'm batman!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Had 2 guys in a truck follow me 5 miles until I took my exit to pull up next to me at a light and tell me they heard me enter the freeway and loved the look and sound of my car.

Then a couple days ago, I was stopped at a railroad crossing to see a cop car pulling up behind me... they switched lanes and pulled up next to me. I look over to see the young and pretty hot female cop looking at me motioning me to roll down the window... first thing I thought was "shit, what did I do??" So I rolled it down, and she put on a HUGE smile and said "I LOOOOVE your license plate! Your car is awesome!" So we talked for a min, then the railroad barriers lifted and she turned off. A friend asked my why I didn't get her number.. "damn it" lol.. oh well. Maybe I'll run into her again.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    This kid(maybe 4) and his mom came through my register one day, this kid is decked out in batman, I mean hat, shoes, shirt, carrying a batman toy. I ask him do you like batman? He goes "yeah! I saw batmans car outside!!!"
    I say "that's my car" then I wink. His mom starts cracking up, but her son is convinced I'm batman!!!
    Way to make a kid's day.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 21819202122232425 LastLast

Thread Information