Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425 LastLast

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I get a lot of stares, occasional compliment at a gas station, and a lot of waves from other people in f bodies or decent cars. It's pretty nice. I had a mustang once say "damn I ain't got NOTHIN' on that car, that thing is beautiful" after we messed around on the highway. I live in a pretty small town though :P
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    I'd been wondering what high-end sports car owners think of us.....

Yesterday a sleazy-looking guy was walking toward me as I approached my TA. "Nice car." "Thanks." I thought he was going to comment on something else. Well, there had been a drought, and now I've gotten compliments from a very diverse group of people.
    I've discovered that, at least around here, Porsche drivers tend to be dicks on the road but are usually nice in person. I've run into a few in parking lots and gotten compliments on the WS6 and stopped and yakked with em for a while. And one day I took the Cobra to a car wash and it musta been Porsche day, there were three of em there and I sat and talked to the Porsche guys while we waited. One of em liked the Cobra, and the others at least didn't say anything nasty or arrogant...

Another customer at the car wash: "Is that pretty car yours?"
    Unfortunately it was a guy who seemed compulsively talkative and also into drugs. I was trying to keep my distance. He had to ask if it was a Firebird or TA and made some weird comments about older Birds.
    For once I want a stranger I might like to approach me about the car.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I was walking out of the post office, and a lady that had to be in her 70's said, "That sure is a pretty car". I said thank you maam. My last landlord would compliment the car every time I paid him rent. "Man, that sure is a good looking car"....I live in a small town in north central Tennessee, and this car is definitely at the top of the food chain here, I don't think I ever go anywhere where I don't get some kind of compliment on it. Went to Wendy's drive thru the other night, and the employee told me 5 times that he wanted my car....I live vicariously thru my car!!!!!! Hahaha. I think it's cool to have a car that everyone likes and desires. Our cars are definitely one of a kind, and I'll say about this one like I said about my last one, "I'm gonna keep her til Jesus comes!!!!". Amen.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

One of the best compliments for me was from my father-in-law, who built & raced short track stock cars, after taking him for a ride a few years back he said "son, this is stock car with balls"

At the time I was still running LS1 with supercharger putting down 657 rwhp/627 tq. He has since passed away, but would love for him to go for a ride now as I have since dropped a LS7 in car. He was a great guy.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I always like the old guys at the track who say "damn son you got a 455ci in that thing!" I get a kick out of the look they get when I say nope just a lil 346ci LS1...
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I always have some.sleazy salesman trying to get me to trade my car in when I was looking at pickups forbade shop vehicle, think they can scam me and then jack the price up to resell it since it only had 60k, probably didn't help that unwashed looking at RAM SRT 10's so they probably though I wanted a performance truck instead. Always get the nice car are you trading it in.
    Having a salesman like that is no surprise when I went to the dealer in 98 I new more about the TA than the people trying to sell it to me. I think it's sad. If you sell Corvettes, Camaro's, Mutangs and Pontiac TA, GTO, or even a G8 most I believe you should at least know the basics for when a real car guy comes to buy one. Just usual stuff like HP, 0-60, things a person would like to ask. I know of I went.to buy a new C6 or Viper my 1st questions to ask would be HP and any performance facts.
    I have been to a dealer in RI I liked that sold Ford cars and also installed performance.mods like superchargers, gears, short throw shifters, and other mods and by having them do the work it didn't void the factory warranty. Plus they always had cool cars like the 95 Corbra R with the 351 and some Saleen mustang, along with a few they built. I remember they had a black 95 5.0 GT with a Vortech brand new in the showroom for sale so you could have a fast car with a warranty. I had always wished they would have had a Pontiac dealer like that in the area, would have loved to have gotten my car with a supercharger works into my monthly payments and have the factory warranty.
    werd about some one always wanting to have you trade in your car.

i have a buddy that works at fowler honda right down from my work and every time i drive the ss in there i get at least one person trying to talk me into trading it for there "bad ass" civic si haha no thank you

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    werd about some one always wanting to have you trade in your car.

i have a buddy that works at fowler honda right down from my work and every time i drive the ss in there i get at least one person trying to talk me into trading it for there "bad ass" civic si haha no thank you
    That is too much. I think I would ask them how much CRACK they've smoked.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I was at my friends house and one of her friends from college was over and I pulled up and he said "Damn, now that's a nice camaro." I stared at him for a few moments and told him it was a T/A. Wanted to slap him. I thought college kids were supposed to be smart?? lol.

NOTE: I have nothing against camaros...I just prefer my car to be called the right name

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by CrossJaded View Post
    That is too much. I think I would ask them how much CRACK they've smoked.
    yeah its some stupid ass civic that they have put wheels and a body kit on

01 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Alex18 View Post
    I was at my friends house and one of her friends from college was over and I pulled up and he said "Damn, now that's a nice camaro." I stared at him for a few moments and told him it was a T/A. Wanted to slap him. I thought college kids were supposed to be smart?? lol.

NOTE: I have nothing against camaros...I just prefer my car to be called the right name
    I get that ALL the time. Most recently ive gotten "You drive that camaro right?" and "What is this a camaro?"

some people...
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/NDupuis08/45y.jpg

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Alex18 View Post
    I agree with that. I am so picky about the right name that I get upset when they call it a "firebird". I know I have a Firebird Trans Am but to me they can just leave off the Firebid. I guess it is because I associate Firebirds with 6 cylinders

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I recently met a friend of mine and her 4 ear old son for breakfast. When we got out of the restaurant, her son said, "Whoa!!!! Look at that race car!" in reference to my Trans Am. he was all happy and jumping up and down when he found out it was my car.

I have also had mothers try to occupy their children at the car wash by saying, "Look at that fast car" as my car goes by the window where you can watch them wash your car.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

black
    1999 trans am

I pulled up next to an suv at a light when I had my t-tops off, and the driver told me that his 8 year old daughter said I had a pretty car
    I was shocked since I just got the car about a week before that, so all I said was thank you and drove off
    That's the only real compliment I've got from a stranger, other than "nice camaro"

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I recently got married, and my 14 year old stepson replaced his picture/avatar on Facebook with a picture of my car. He thinks up all kinds of excuses to go to town, so he can ride in my car. The other day, we were driving beside the back of a business, where a bunch of his friends were out of their cars hanging out, and he rolled down the tinted window so they could see him. As we nonchalantly cruised by, they gave him thumbs up, he was all proud. Love it!!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Back when I had my WS6 I was at the drive thru and this guy said to me "Hey you son of a bitch turn that off I can't hear the damn lady!" I turned it off and then he said "Nice car by the way."

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Back when I had my WS6 I was at the drive thru and this guy said to me "Hey you son of a bitch turn that off I can't hear the damn lady!" I turned it off and then he said "Nice car by the way."
    haha. The drive thru attendants usually get frustrated with me and ask me to come to the window to give em my order.

White
    01 SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    haha. The drive thru attendants usually get frustrated with me and ask me to come to the window to give em my order.
    I've learned to cut it off at drive thrus...

Jetstream Metallic Blue
    1978 Trans Am LS1

about a month into me owning my 78 LS1 TA.. a guy at a stop light said, "nice car..does it have a V8?"

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread Information