Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 ... LastLast

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    This guy is the only Cobra owner here gaining my respect. Him and two 03 guys I raced are the only ones pulling the others dead weight. Unfortunately, he cannot pull as hard as he needs too.
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Go read the 96 Cobra thread and get that "respect" thought out of your brain.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Go read the 96 Cobra thread and get that "respect" thought out of your brain.

Wow, a lot went on since then. My bad, you just lost all respect. There was a difference in the 98 and the 96-97 Cobra. The wheels, haha. Plus it was faster than the previous turds for some odd reason.

I guess just the two I met in person will be pulling your carcass for the rest of my LS1.com stay.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I feel better now.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I feel better now.
    I knew you would!

I wish you lived around here Bob, We would line 'em up and put all this talk in the garbage bin. Git R done ricky bobby haha

C6 H/C/N20

Hey, now that was a good post. I might have to print a retraction. What kind of tires did you have again? I am in the market for another set.

Looked like the first action was a basic roll, punch, powershift to second. Nice, impressive to many, but not exactly out of my league.

Second action looked like you revved, popped the clutch in second, powershift to third, didn't look like it spint much after midway second, but got a little sideways on you initially. Once again, a feat I can do with a little over 400 at the wheels. Nice, impressive to many, but not exactly out of my league.

Then again, that all depends on the tire. Specs please? I got T1R Proxes 295/35/18's. Real sticky when hot. Moderately so when cold. Those M/T's have to be better than the ones I got.

Roastem, MT's are the best DR you can buy. They were gone in 30 days. The 2nd clip was not poping the clutch, it was nailing it.

My LS1 ran 11.40 at 121 (N/A) and I had a 100 shot (only about 530-550rwhp) on top and sold it to my brother in law. I would walk the SS from 3rd on due to me having little traction. I even ran him while I was in 2nd and him in 1st once and though closer, I walked it in 4th about 2 cars, yes running the shot.

Get 275/45/17 MT's they will not spin much with 400rwhp, honestly. Im sure they have 18's but that is pushing it for tracion.
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 10-08-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post

lame.
    Go to SVTPerformance, look at all the cobra's pushing 500&600+rwhp, then compare the price of how much it took them to get there, versus how much it would take you to get there. It's a newer vehicle, 4v and FI, and can mod the hell out of it without nearly as much suspension needed to contain it. It's a limited edition Cobra, it will be worth alot of money down the road. Wil my TA? Sure, but not with 90k miles. A lot of people on here claim no other car takes to mods as well as an LS1. Wrong. Yes, it's FI, but that's the advantage of the car. I want it simply because of the SC and the price of modding it. I'm not really worried about your comments or concerns regarding an issue that does not concern you. Don't be so close-minded about these cars, imports sure, be negative.Cobra's are still domestic and bad f***ing ass...

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I have not done the research, but what about a Procharger on your car Fabrizi ?

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Not worth it, car wouldn't take to it that easy. I want that eaton blower

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Roastem, MT's are the best DR you can buy. They were gone in 30 days. The 2nd clip was not poping the clutch, it was nailing it.

My LS1 ran 11.40 at 121 (N/A) and I had a 100 shot (only about 530-550rwhp) on top and sold it to my brother in law. I would walk the SS from 3rd on due to me having little traction. I even ran him while I was in 2nd and him in 1st once and though closer, I walked it in 4th about 2 cars, yes running the shot.

Get 275/45/17 MT's they will not spin much with 400rwhp, honestly. Im sure they have 18's but that is pushing it for tracion.
    You see that trap, my car is at least 300 lbs lighter than original. I got 18's on mine. Almost a 100 in the eighth ain't nothing to scoff at on a street car. Hell it was skinnin 'em half way the track or more with tracbite. A missed shift on your part, or sleeping at the light, and I just might take that cookie Mr 600 RWHP. Hell you never know when your clutch is gonna go bye bye like it did the last Steigmeyer ported 03 I raced at the track. It was black too, what a koinkydink.

My Z ain't your SS. And I ain't even got nitrous yet. I am gonna start huntin 03's to put to sleep, and I need to start this weekend.
    Last edited by Roastem; 10-08-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    hey preston, when did you get a vette?
    Yes, A bone stock 99 Hardtop. Only 43k miles, and its beautiful. My only mod thus far is some dark tint, and some 07 ZO6 wheels.

I must say, it feels like a turd when I get on it. Im still used to the Cobra. But Ill traid a horsepower for style.

First performance mod has got to be exhaust. This thing sounds like a V6.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

What! Preston, you sly fkr you, you went and got a vette didn't ya!

A 99 FRC too, man I have been looking to get me one of those. I wish I could put the motor out of my Z into one. That would be a badd mammajamma!

This cat had a bad 03 cobra too, man you must be made of money....

We need pics man! ASAP
    Roast em

Pics soon too come, it is a great condition car. But Im afraid to race anybody, I have not lost in a long time. Since I had my last TA.

I am not a rich man (not even close), I got this Vette for $21,700. Cheaper than the Cobra by far. Im loving the Heads up display. And it corners way better than the Termy did. Still going from a mid 11 sec car to a low 13 sec car, feels weird.

Im glad I have experianced an 03 Cobra, so I know not to race one in the future. Not untill some modding, lots of modding.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Not worth it, car wouldn't take to it that easy. I want that eaton blower
    lol. this guy is in the same boat as i was in. I wanted that eaton blower so bad. hell, i owned 06 stang GT and i was trying to figure out if i could put eaton blower on top of that thing cuz i loved that whine. you can hear 1000ft away.

And I ain't even got nitrous yet. I am gonna start huntin 03's to put to sleep, and I need to start this weekend.
    good luck finding LIGHTLY modded cobras to achieve your goals

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    lol. this guy is in the same boat as i was in. I wanted that eaton blower so bad. hell, i owned 06 stang GT and i was trying to figure out if i could put eaton blower on top of that thing cuz i loved that whine. you can hear 1000ft away.
    Started pricing Steggy porting jobs today, Stage IV

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    good luck finding LIGHTLY modded cobras to achieve your goals
    haha, I already ran two with more mods than you got. Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

No KB guys yet though. I am thinking they are the real competition now anyway.

Cars like yours, small fish, well, medium size.

haha, I already ran two with more mods than you got. Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

No KB guys yet though. I am thinking they are the real competition now anyway.

Cars like yours, small fish, well, medium size.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

listen i have a bone stock z28.

if any of you wanna race, let me know.

C6 H/C/N20

You see that trap, my car is at least 300 lbs lighter than original. I got 18's on mine. Almost a 100 in the eighth ain't nothing to scoff at on a street car. Hell it was skinnin 'em half way the track or more with tracbite. A missed shift on your part, or sleeping at the light, and I just might take that cookie Mr 600 RWHP. Hell you never know when your clutch is gonna go bye bye like it did the last Steigmeyer ported 03 I raced at the track. It was black too, what a koinkydink.

My Z ain't your SS. And I ain't even got nitrous yet. I am gonna start huntin 03's to put to sleep, and I need to start this weekend.

Thats cool, youre one step closer to trapping 120-125. With a Spec 3+ I have no problems, well that and I know how to drive. You never know, you could beat me if I missed a shift OR my clutch goes out or never. Stop all the trash talk and enjoy the thread. Youre welcome to drive down here anytime you wish.

Best of luck with your hunting.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Started pricing Steggy porting jobs today, Stage IV

Yes sir. They were $495 and skip the ported stock T/B and go Accufab. The throttle response is night and day.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    listen i have a bone stock z28.

if any of you wanna race, let me know.

I decline sir. I do not wish to get my azz handed to me by you just yet. Let me get my N20 installed.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information